Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content The collection is divided into 16 overlapping series, and also includes an oversized folder. There is some duplication of series, reflecting multiple processing efforts over time. The series breakdown is as follows: I. Historical documents of New Mexico and the West: diaries, manuscripts, correspondence, transcriptions, printed matter, business records and other papers, mostly relating to NM territorial history. Material from New Mexico Secretary of the Territory (MSS 25 SC)...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Meriwether. Includes three letters received and one proclamation by Meriwether, and the papers of William Messervy and William Watts Hart Davis, both of whom were acting Governors in periods when Meriwether was out of the state. Messervy's papers consist of one proclamation and one letter received, both from 1854. Davis's papers include official letters received and one personal account book.
Some materials in Spanish.
Some materials in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 059
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten manuscripts of "El Gringo" and "The Spanish Conquest of New Mexico," a handwritten transcript of Don Antonio de OtermÃn's journal of 1681 to 1692, and three 1904 letters from Davis to L. Bradford Prince concerning the donation of these materials to the Historical Society of New Mexico. The OtermÃn journal was copied from the original during Davis's tenure as Secretary of New Mexico, and includes descriptions of the Pueblo revolt of 1680 and attempts by the...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- Names: Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Account books 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Business records -- New Mexico 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Governors --New Mexico 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mural painting and decoration 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 1
- Proclamations 1
- Pueblo Revolt, 1680 1
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 1
- United States -- History -- 1945- 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945- 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 2
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1