Torrance County, N.M. Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the records of Torrance County, New Mexico (1905-1957). Included are records of the county clerk (1905-1932), assessor (1905-1923), treasurer (1910-1922), sheriff (1909-1937), county commissioners (1923-1935), justice of the peace (1909-1957), and superintendent of schools (1907-1923). Clerks records consist of oversize license registers.
Language of Materials
Documents are fragile. Use microfilm if available.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Formerly parts of Bernalillo, Santa Fe, San Miguel, Valencia, and Socorro Counties, New Mexico, Torrance County was created in 1903.
1 linear feet + 13 v. + 3 rolls
Some records are available on microfilm.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Torrance County, N.M. Records, 1905-1957
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Daphne S.O. Arnaiz-DeLeon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1975-010::Torrance County, N.M. Records)//EN" "nmar1975-010.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.