First National Bank of Santa Fe Collection of Second National Bank of Santa Fe Records,
Identifier: AC 084
Scope and Content
Collection consists of business and financial records of the Second National Bank of Santa Fe, which was purchased by the First National Bank of Santa Fe. Collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
- First National Bank of Santa Fe (Organization)
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Second National Bank was chartered on July 17, 1872 and closed its doors on July 17, 1892 having voluntarily permitted its twenty year charter to expire without renewal. The Second National Bank was the second oldest banking establishment in the Territory of New Mexico. Its organizers and major stockholders were Solomon, Jacob, Levi, Lehman, and Willi Spiegelberg, owners of a successful mercantile and wholesale business. With the closing of Second National, Willi, the last of the Spiegelbergs residing in New Mexico, liquidated his remaining business interests in the territory and moved to New York City to join his brothers and their families.
16 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.51043
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the First National Bank of Santa Fe Collection of Second National Bank of Santa Fe Records, 1872-1893
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 084::First National Bank of Santa Fe Collection of Second National Bank of Santa Fe Records)//EN" "nmsm1ac084.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.