Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 42
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Abstract The collection documents some of Basia Irland’s water-related projects. The bulk of the material relates to A Gathering of Waters: Rio Grande, Source to Sea, focusing on the plight of the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo from its source in the Colorado mountains, through New Mexico, and forming the border between Texas and Mexico.
Dates: 1975-2004; Majority of material found within 1996-2004
Identifier: PICT 000-1002
Abstract This collection includes photographs, slides, posters and other visual material related to Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's professional artistic work, along with family, friends, other Taos artists, and travel images.
Abstract Collection includes selected items representing the activities of the former Bunting Visual Resources Library at UNM. Formats include slides, study photographs, and digital photographs, along with administrative, project, and vendor records. The primary subjects are New Mexico architecture and art, and image sources determine arrangement.
Dates: 1948-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-2005
Abstract Photographs taken during the War of Canudos (Conselheiro Insurrection) in the State of Bahia, Brazil, 1893-1897.
Identifier: PAC 047
Scope and Content This extensive collection comprises the working career of Cary Herz over the course of more than 25 years in New Mexico. It includes original prints and negatives, color slides, book manuscripts, Compact Discs, video tapes, and some documents and correspondence. The majority of the documents and correspondence are housed in the Fray Angelico Chavez History Libray in the New Mexico History Museum. Her women's movement and female athelete material, completed before she moved to New Mexico, is...
Dates: 1984 - 2008
Scope and Content The Donald S. Heath Collection contains approximately 2,000 35 mm color slides related to New Mexico subjects and events, including civil war reenactments, cowboys and gun-slinging, the Cumbres and Toltec Railway, petroglyphs, peace demonstrations, road signs and natural landscapes. .
Dates: 1987 -1993; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract This collection contains photographs and slides documenting the renovation and resulting archaeology of the Santuario de Guadalupe, an historic Catholic church in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Abstract Photographs of Hispanic and Indian peoples, landscapes, and cultural life of New Mexico from the 1920s to approximately 1945.
Abstract The Guy Robert Johns Papers pertain to landscape architecture projects in Minnesota, California, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico.
Identifier: PAC 055
Scope and Content The collection was acquired in 1992 (HP.1992.54) and 1993 (HP.1993.11) as gifts from the estate of Harold D. Walter's wife, Mae Walter. It includes several hundred black and white prints and negatives and 35mm color slides of New Mexico and Colorado landscapes and buildings, governors of New Mexico and other individuals. Also includes a scrap book contaning 8x10 b and w silver gelatin prints, all taken in New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico during the January, 1940 re-creation of the Coronado...
Dates: 1936 - 1958; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract June 16, 1958, Harold F. Stewart, railroad engineer and photographer, photographed one of the final water supply runs of the AT & SF water train in its 10 mile round trip between Madrid, NM and Waldo, NM.
Abstract Personal journals, sketchbooks, gallery and exhibition catalogs/publicity, records of sales and donations, and photographic materials constitute the bulk of the collection, which documents Harry Nadler’s career as an artist.
Dates: 1930-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-1990
Abstract Collection contains aerial photographs of New Mexico and the surrounding states, ground level photos of attractions & historical sites, and Burris family portraits.
Dates: 1963-2005; Majority of material found within 1963-2005
Abstract The collection contains the publications, administrative records, and research materials of the Interhemispheric Resource Center, a progressive think tank that published on US foreign policy, Latin America, and US-Mexico border issues.
Abstract John Nichols' papers document a wide range of history and culture and personal connections in New Mexico (and elsewhere) over the last 55 years. The collection contains manuscripts, screenplays, correspondence, speeches, artwork, journals, photographs, slides, and videos.
Identifier: PICT 000-745
Abstract This collection contains slides, pictures, and postcards from Guatemala during the 1980's and 90's.
Abstract Contains glass lantern slides of archaeological sites in the Central and South America, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, archeological sites in the Southwest, Native Americans, maps, and osteology samples.
Abstract The Latin American Ephemera Pictorial Collection is comprised of ephemera (slides, political posters, lithographic cards, political caricatures, advertisements, bookmarks, photographs, book covers, and postcards) from Latin America.
Dates: 1860s, 1956-2000s
Identifier: MSS -650-BC
Abstract The materials in this collection represent Leland Wyman's research on Navajo myths and sandpaintings. It includes source material written by Gladys Reichard, Berard Haile, and Franc Newcomb, as well as illustrations of weavings by Hasteen Klah and slides of Native American arts and crafts.
Abstract The Loren Potter collection includes class lectures and notes, awards, slides, and publications by the former UNM Professor and Biology Department Chair.
Dates: 1938-2014; Majority of material found within 1975-2005
Abstract The collection contains grant proposals, reports, and photographic material relating to needs, training, and projects to improve libraries and library services in indigenous communities, particularly New Mexico Pueblos.
Dates: 1973-1999; Majority of material found within 1975-1977
Abstract This collection contains papers and interviews created and collected by Alejandro López from the 1970s to 2021. The papers relate to education, resolana, and service-learning programs, while the ethnographic interviews focus on elders from Chimayo, Truchas, and other Nuevomexicano communities.
Dates: 1971 - 2021
Abstract The Nancy C. Wood Photograph Collection consists of negatives, contact sheets, slides, loose black-and-white and color photographs of Taos Pueblo, the Ute tribe, small towns in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado. Images of Nancy Wood’s travels to European countries and to Japan are also included. The collection also consists of a small number of personal photographs as well as a small number of photographs taken by Nancy Wood’s husband, Myron Wood.
Dates: 1937-2003; Majority of material found within 1958, 1969, 1976-1979, 1985-1988, 1996-1999, 2003
- Subject: Slides X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 37
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 4
- National Hispanic Cultural Center 1
- Photographs 22
- Slides 21
- Slides (Photography) 9
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 7
- Mural painting and decoration 7
- Color slides 5
- Posters 5
- Transparencies 5
- Lantern slides 4
- Letters 4
- Negatives (Photographs) 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Art--Slides 3
- Black-and-white negatives 3
- Clippings 3
- Map 3
- Oral histories 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 3
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- Correspondence 2
- Ephemera 2
- Film negatives 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Latin America -- Pictorial works 2
- Lithographs 2
- Mexican Americans – Southwest, New -- Ethnic identity 2
- Minorities in art 2
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Postcards 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- A gathering of waters: Rio Grande, source to the sea 1
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Administrative records 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque – Pictorial works 1
- Amazon River Valley--Pictorial works 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- Animals in art--Pictorial works 1
- Animals--Specimens--Pictorial works 1
- Anti-war demonstrations 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Apache Tribe of Oklahoma--Pictorial works 1
- Apache art--Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Argentina -- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Arizona 1
- Arizona -- Slides 1
- Arizona--History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Art objects, African--Pictorial works 1
- Art objects, Chinese--Pictorial works 1
- Art objects, Japanese--Pictorial works 1
- Art, African--Pictorial works 1
- Art, American -- 20th century 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 1
- Art, Mexican--Pictorial works 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Artists -- New mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- United States 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Taos--Pictorial works 1
- Arts in prisons--Southwest, New 1
- Asia--Pictorial works 1
- Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, American – 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztec art--Pictorial works 1
- Bahia (Brazil : State) 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Biology -- Study and teaching 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Blessingway (Navajo rite) 1
- Bones -- slides 1
- Book illustrations 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching 1
- Brazil -- Armed Forces -- Officers -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Brazil -- History, Military -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Brazil -- Slides 1
- Brazil--History--Canudos Campaign, 1893-1897 -- Pictorial works 1
- Broadsides 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Catholic church buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Pictorial works 1
- Cattle -- Marking -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 39
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Undetermined 6
- French 1
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Adair, John, 1913-1997 1
- Adams, Clinton, 1918-2002 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Bartlett, William H., 1850-1918 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Herrera, Velino 1
- Herz, Cary, 1947-2008 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Popejoy Hall (University of New Mexico) 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less