Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 56
Identifier: AC 466-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters regarding historical preservation in Santa Fe. The correspondence, for the most part, addresses the preservation of the Fort Marcy Officers' Residence (also known as the "Hewett House"). There is one broachure, "The Ceremonial Way" in the collection. Also, there is a letter and description of the Girard Foundation Collection from Alexander Girard.
Dates: 1972-1977; Majority of material found in 1975
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 495
Scope and Content The collection contains financial records for two archbishops (Pitaval and Daeger) and includes local, national and international samples of receipts, invoices, tax records, etc. Collection also includes a series of form letters from the Vatican.
Dates: 1897-1947; Majority of material found in 1916-1932
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet...
Identifier: AC 076
Scope and Content Collection consists of Chris Emmett's research materials, 1847-1883. Included are typescript excerpts from New Mexican newspapers (primarily from Santa Fe) and from several publications. Excerpts pertain to various New Mexico persons and events in Santa Fe and various other cities. Included is an index to the excerpts created by Emmett.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio...
Identifier: AC 326-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a letter dated February 10, 1913, describing the use of the various rooms of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, prior to 1895. Also describes events in Santa Fe about 1844, under the administration of Governor Mariano Martinez de Lejanze.
Identifier: AC 414
Scope and Content Collection contains personal family correspondence, correspondence with friends, documents/certificates pertaining to her parents and herself, and manuscripts and notes of her published and unpublished creative works. Collection also contains court material (Pittman shorthand and not transcribed) from her mother who was a court stenographer at the Santa Fe District Court
Dates: 1913-1997; Majority of material found in 1940-1970
Identifier: AC 116
Scope and Content This collection is composed of Johnson's correspondence, but also includes: business papers, poetry, newspaper columns, and other documents pertaining to life in New Mexico. Johnson, a politician and newspaper man, was an ardent advocate of preservation of New Mexico's early civilization.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Abstract The majority of the photograph album is dedicated to interior and exterior views of the Stedman house at 646 E. Garcia St., Santa Fe (NM), including architectural features, furnishings, and views.
Identifier: AC 261
Scope and Content The Fairview Cemetery Collection consists of photocopies of the original interment and plot ownership records of Santa Fe's Fairview Cemetery. These records were kept by the Santa Fe Woman's Club.
The first half of the Fairview Cemetery Collection consists of alphabetized interment records and the second half of alphabetized plot ownership records.
The first half of the Fairview Cemetery Collection consists of alphabetized interment records and the second half of alphabetized plot ownership records.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Identifier: AC 468
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of documents from the U.S. National Archives in Washington D.C. concerning Fort Marcy, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1862-1889, and a copy of a document (1964) compiled by Bruce T. Ellis about the Hewett House property, Santa Fe, New Mexico, which had been part of the Fort. Fort Marcy documents comprise the bulk of the collection and include reports, requisitions, and correspondence from the Office of the Quartermaster, concerning the construction and repair of the...
Dates: 1862 - 1964; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The France V. Scholes Papers contain research and teaching notes, maps and correspondence about the colonial history of Mexico, Yucatan and New Mexico, with some related material about the Caribbean, Central and Latin America. The collection also includes academic and personal information.
Dates: 1492-1979; Majority of material found within 1521-1700
Scope and Content Collection consists of 16 letters from Frances Campbell in Santa Fe to her husband and children in Raton. Letters describe or respond to ordinary daily family events in Santa Fe and in Raton. All letters are handwritten on Hotel De Vargas (Santa Fe, NM) stationary.
Abstract The collection consists of manuscript materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings. Among the manuscript materials are typescript and holographic chapters from an unpublished manuscript on Spanish Colonial arts and typescript chapters from the books Indian Stories from the Pueblos and Native Tales of New Mexico.
Dates: 1886-2000 (bulk 1920-1934)
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 321
Scope and Content Collection consists of the Historic Design Review Board agendas, minutes and supporting documentation for consideration of renovation of buildings in the historic districts of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes photos of the sites considered. Historical districts are Downtown/Eastside historic district; Don Gaspar historic district; Westside Guadalupe historic district; and the Historic Transition district.
Scope and Content The bulk of the collection consists of family photos, including studio portraits and snapshots of varying sizes and formats. The majority of these date from about the 1860s to the 1940s; however, the collection also includes photos, negatives, notes, and a partial collection inventory made by historian and author Mary J. Cook in the 1980s as part of her research into Amelia Hollenback. Of special interest are the large number of cartes de visite, tintypes, and cabinet cards contained in the...
Dates: 1861 - 1986; Majority of material found within ca. 1870s-ca. 1940s
- Subject: Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 42
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 9
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 29
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 7
- Clippings 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 6
- Minutes (Records) 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Photographs 5
- Genealogy 4
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History. 4
- Diaries 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- Reports 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 3
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Ephemera 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Manuscripts 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Obituaries 2
- Parades -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Pennsylvania -- Description and travel 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- history 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Social life and customs 2
- Santa Fe Internment Camp (N.M.) 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 2
- Account books 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Addresses 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Adobe houses—New Mexico 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sandoval Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apaches -- History 1
- Architects and patrons -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Spanish Colonial—New Mexico 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art, Modern 1
- Art, Spanish colonial--New Mexico 1
- Articles 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Aztecs -- History 1
- Bartolome Baca Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Bridges -- Contracts 1
- Broadsides 1
- Burial -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- By-laws 1
- Caciques (Indian leaders) -- Mexico 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Canada (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canada de Cochiti Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Case files 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Catholic Church -- Mexico 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Certificates 1
- Chapel of Our Lady of Light (Santa Fe, N.M.)-- History 1 ∧ less
- English 52
- Undetermined 35
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- German 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- United States. War Relocation Authority 2
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Girard, Alexander, 1907-1993 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- New Mexico Historical Records Survey 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1 ∧ less