Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 182
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Identifier: AC 466-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters regarding historical preservation in Santa Fe. The correspondence, for the most part, addresses the preservation of the Fort Marcy Officers' Residence (also known as the "Hewett House"). There is one broachure, "The Ceremonial Way" in the collection. Also, there is a letter and description of the Girard Foundation Collection from Alexander Girard.
Dates: 1972-1977; Majority of material found in 1975
Identifier: AC 240
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Alfred C. Wiley, 1821-1978. Included are: Alfred C. Wiley's correspondence, 1914-1951; papers relating to his childhood friend Frank Hazen, 1908-1931; Cash and Carry Groceteria documents, 1937-1978; papers relating to the Kiwanis Club; and miscellaneous papers, 1821-1946. Miscellaneous papers consist of postcards addressed to Alfred's father F.F. Wiley (1894-1896), envelopes from the First National Bank of Santa Fe, a statement of condition from the Mutual...
Dates: 1821-1978 (bulk, 1908-1951)
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Scope and Content The collection consists of literary manuscripts, feature articles, photographs and research materials of Alice Bullock, writer and educator. Published and unpublished book and story manuscripts include an unpublished autobiography, entitled "Middens", and a manuscript for a book on stamp collecting for children. Subject files containing research notes, articles and printed material on New Mexico travel, folklore, history and personalities. Business and personal records contain book reviews by...
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 495
Scope and Content The collection contains financial records for two archbishops (Pitaval and Daeger) and includes local, national and international samples of receipts, invoices, tax records, etc. Collection also includes a series of form letters from the Vatican.
Dates: 1897-1947; Majority of material found in 1916-1932
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of the military papers of Manuel Delgado (a captain in the Spanish Army), 1778-1794. Most of the documents concern administrative matters related to several presidios in northern New Spain. Other topics include military desertions, military benefits, financial accounts, a land conveyance in Santa Fe, and judicial proceedings.
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records of the New Mexico Horticultural Society, including its 1886 charter and bylaws, and minutes of meetings from 1895-1896. Also within the collection is an 1883 letter appointing G. Pitman Smith as Missouri's delegate to the Santa Fe Tertio-Millenial Celebration.
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 112-P
Scope and Content One journal kept by Hull on a 1908 trip he made to New Mexico from Georgia to visit his daughter May and her husband Judge William Pope. Pope became the first Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court under statehood in 1912. The trip lasted two months and included visits to Roswell, Santa Fe, Cloudcroft, the Slaughter Ranch, the Diamond A Ranch, the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and Tesuque Pueblo. Various parts of the journey were made by train, automobile, and horse and wagon. The...
Abstract This collection contains photographs of various locales, primarily in New Mexico. Most images are of buildings and architectural details of buildings in small towns, cities, and the pueblos of New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 281
Scope and Content Collection contains material related to the League of Women Voters (Santa Fe County), ethics issues concerning City of Santa Fe Councilors, and material related to the Urban Planning Board of Santa Fe. The collection consists of material obtained during the political activities in support of passage of the Code of Ethics for the Santa Fe City Council during the period 1979-1984.
The material has been organized in twelve folders and one loose-leaf notebook.
The material has been organized in twelve folders and one loose-leaf notebook.
Identifier: AC 136
Scope and Content The Boaz Walton Long Collection consists of private and professional correspondence, financial records, and personal papers dating almost entirely from the 1940s.
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Abstract This collection contains one photograph of the Wells home in Santa Fe and one photo of Hank Wells.
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet...
Abstract The Carroll C. Thomas Film Collection contains home movies of boy scout events and the boy scout camp, Aztec, White Sands, pottery, skiing, Taos, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Fiesta Santa Fe, as well as family events and various trips across the U.S.
Abstract The collection documents the lives of members of the Castillo family of Sauzal, New Mexico (south of Belen, near Las Nutrias).
Identifier: AC 477
Scope and Content Collection consists of books, articles, poetry, audio recordings and short stories by New Mexico author Chellis Glendinning. Also included are various interviews, correspondence and magazine articles on Glendinning's work in the areas of psychology, feminism, environmentalism, ecopsychology and political activism.
Identifier: AC 076
Scope and Content Collection consists of Chris Emmett's research materials, 1847-1883. Included are typescript excerpts from New Mexican newspapers (primarily from Santa Fe) and from several publications. Excerpts pertain to various New Mexico persons and events in Santa Fe and various other cities. Included is an index to the excerpts created by Emmett.
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
- Subject: Santa Fe (N.M.) X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 101
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 51
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 19
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 7
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 1
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Special Collections Library 1 ∧ less
- Photographs 31
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 29
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 20
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 18
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 18
- Minutes (Records) 16
- Clippings 14
- Financial records 12
- Diaries 11
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 11
- Account books 9
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 9
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 9
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 9
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 8
- Reports 8
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 8
- Conveyances 7
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 7
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 7
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 7
- Tourism -- New Mexico 7
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 6
- Genealogy 6
- Letters 6
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 6
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 6
- By-laws 5
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 5
- Family papers 5
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 5
- Map 5
- New Mexico -- History 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- Photograph albums 5
- Postcards 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Social life and customs 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Wills 5
- Addresses 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 4
- Building plans 4
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- Correspondence 4
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 4
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Legal documents 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Membership lists 4
- Negatives (Photographs) 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History. 4
- Santa Fe Trail 4
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Albumen prints 3
- Arizona--Description and travel 3
- Artists -- New Mexico 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 3
- Estate records 3
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 3
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- Oral histories 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Poems 3
- Programs 3
- Publications 3
- Real property -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Social life and customs 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 3
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Stereographs 3
- Tax records 3
- Urban Renewal -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Visitors' books 3
- Advertisements 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 2
- Americans --Mexico 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Architecture—New Mexico—Santa Fe—designs and plans 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Blueprints 2
- Brochures 2
- Business cards 2
- Cabinet photographs 2
- Certificates 2 ∧ less
- English 170
- Undetermined 98
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- French 1
- German 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 5
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 5
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 4
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 4
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 4
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 4
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 4
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 3
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 3
- Historical Society of New Mexico 3
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 2
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 2
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 2
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 2
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 2
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Harvey, Fred 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Historic American Buildings Survey 2
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 2
- Sierra, Christine Marie 2
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 2
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 2
- United States. War Relocation Authority 2
- Ahlborn, Richard E., 1933-2015 1
- American Institute of Architects 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Arrowsmith, Rex 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Boyd, E. (Elizabeth), 1903-1974 1
- Brown, W. Calvin 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- C. de Baca, Elba 1
- Candelario, J.S. (Jesus Sito), 1864-1938 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Clark, Willard (Willard F.) 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Derbyshire, Robert C. (Robert Cushing), 1910- 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Fairview Cemetery (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Garrett, Elizabeth, 1885?-1947 1
- Girard, Alexander, 1907-1993 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Herrera, Velino 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- Lovelace Medical Center 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Museum of Albuquerque 1
- New Mexico Historical Records Survey 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Warren, Nancy Hunter, 1932-2019 1
- Winkler, William C. 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less