Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Abstract This collection depicts major events in the history of Mexico, from Spanish contact with the indigenous peoples to political events of the early 20th Century. Images dealing with Spanish missionization of the indigenous population, the Mexican War of Independence, the Mexican American War, and the Mexican Revolution are included. The relationship between the United States and Mexico is also a major theme addressed in a number of images.
Abstract Collection contains materials related to grassroots activism in New Mexico, the American Indian Movement, as well as national and international civil rights campaigns. The collection includes posters, flyers, articles, underground newspapers, reports, pamphlets, and clippings.
Abstract Wood engraving prints, event posters, and mural stencils depicting aspects of early 21st century Mexican political matters in Oaxaca.
Identifier: PICT 000-1002
Abstract This collection includes photographs, slides, posters and other visual material related to Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's professional artistic work, along with family, friends, other Taos artists, and travel images.
Abstract The Bennett Hammer LGBT Collection includes materials from 1970 to 2017 and consists of news clippings, organizational documents, memorabilia, and publications.
Abstract The Chilean Ephemera Collection is comprised of posters, political pamphlets and leaflets, art prints, arpilleras, and photographs related to protests against the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet and the educational policies of 21st century administrations.
Dates: 1970-2011; Majority of material found within 1970-1998, 2011
Abstract Afiches del movilizaciones sociales en Chile, or Chilean political protest posters, collected and arranged in simple subject groups. Collection is largely unprocessed.
Dates: 20th - 21st Century
Abstract Educational posters of Diné (Navajo) cultural and religious emergence stories, migration and settlement history.
Abstract This collection, containing the official records of the 1992 commemoration of the 500th anniversary of the Columbian Quincentenary, documents the intellectual and social trends, contributions, and controversies surrounding the commemoration.
Dates: 1981-1995 (bulk 1990-1992)
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Identifier: PICT 000-1019
Abstract This collection includes photographs, negatives, slides, posters, and other visual material related to Elmo Williams' professional work in the film industry, along with family and travel images.
Dates: 1940-2015; Majority of material found in 1950-1980
Abstract The Film Poster Collection contains posters produced mostly in the US and Latin America. American posters provide examples of advertising by the American motion picture industry in the mid-twentieth century. The film posters from Mexico range in date from the 1930s to 2013 and cover a wide range of topics, from comedy, romance, and drama to politics. The collection also includes cine club pamphlets from Uruguay.
Abstract The collection consists of 27 political posters from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, from the 1980s and 1990s collected by Flávio and Sonia Gusatti. Themes include Workers Party Propaganda (Partido dos Trabalhadores PT), agrarian reform, peasant’s rights, Liberation Theology, and feminist movement.
Abstract Collection consists of ephemera related to George Orwell and his 1984 and Animal Farm works.
Abstract This collection contains over 800 posters and newsmaps from World War II issued by various federal agencies.
Abstract This collections contains 10 posters showcasing original art based on quotations about labor themes.
Abstract This collectioin contains four color World War II propaganda posters.
Abstract The collection consists of 131 posters from Cuba, Nicaragua and Mexico from the early 1970s collected by Jane Norling and 50 Cuban posters collected by artist and activist Lenora (Nori) Davis in the 1980s.
Abstract Photograph collection consists of pictures of the Stinson and Otero families and pictures related to aviation and to World Wars I and II.
Abstract The Latin American Ephemera Pictorial Collection is comprised of ephemera (slides, political posters, lithographic cards, political caricatures, advertisements, bookmarks, photographs, book covers, and postcards) from Latin America.
Dates: 1860s, 1956-2000s
Abstract This collection contains photographs taken by Lee Marmon throughout his life. These include images of elders and community members from Laguna and Acoma Pueblos, visual documentation of uranium mines and mills throughout New Mexico, photos of fashion and social life in 1960s and 1970s Palm Springs, CA, among other things.
Abstract Collection comprises materials relating to Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract The Nancy C. Wood Photograph Collection consists of negatives, contact sheets, slides, loose black-and-white and color photographs of Taos Pueblo, the Ute tribe, small towns in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado. Images of Nancy Wood’s travels to European countries and to Japan are also included. The collection also consists of a small number of personal photographs as well as a small number of photographs taken by Nancy Wood’s husband, Myron Wood.
Dates: 1937-2003; Majority of material found within 1958, 1969, 1976-1979, 1985-1988, 1996-1999, 2003
Scope and Content This is a collection of posters, bumper stickers, and flyers that were generated in New Mexico, and especially in Albuquerque. This collection was compiled by the Center for Southwest Research. Many of the posters were posted on the University of New Mexico campus during the 1970's. Dates from the collection generally refer to the approved posting date by the Student Activities Center rather then the actual date of the event. Events represented in this collection include performances at the...
Scope and Content As of 1997, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Mounted Police (1905-1911), State Police and State Police Division (1935-1987). Records of the Mounted Police include annual reports, administrative correspondence, investigation files, arrest records, oaths of officers, and wanted posters. Records of the State Police and State Police Division include administrative correspondence, special reports, bulletins, legal opinions, and administrative files. Also within the collection are...
- Subject: Posters X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 32
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Posters 28
- Photographs 7
- Political posters 4
- Slides 4
- Clippings 3
- Correspondence 3
- Lithographs 3
- Map 3
- Chile--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 2
- Cuba--Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 2
- Ephemera 2
- Latin America--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 2
- Legal documents 2
- Letters 2
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Postcards 2
- Propaganda -- United States 2
- Protest literature 2
- Publications 2
- Reports 2
- Screen prints 2
- Stencil work 2
- War posters 2
- 450 years of struggle: homage to the Mexican people 1
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Indians 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative records 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- United States 1
- Aguirre Ignacio, 1900-1990 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Anniversaries, etc. 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Teaching 1
- American fiction -- Indian authors 1
- American poetry -- Indian authors 1
- Americans -- Spain -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Annual reports 1
- Argentina -- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 1
- Arizona -- Navajo Nation, Arizona, New Mexico & Utah 1
- Arpilleras 1
- Art -- Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Art – Political aspects -- Mexico -- Oaxaca (State) 1
- Art, Mexican -- Exhibitions -- Pictorial works 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Taos--Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, American – 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 -- Pictorial works 1
- Beauty contests -- United States 1
- Belchite (Spain) -- Siege, 1937 1
- Bolivia--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 1
- Brazil--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 1
- Brazil–Politics and government–1985-2002–Posters 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brochures 1
- Buildings -- War damage -- Spain 1
- Calendars 1
- California, Southern--Description and travel 1
- Caravels--Spain--History 1
- Catalonia (Spain) 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Central America--Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 1
- Chile -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile -- Politics and government -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile -- Politics and government -- History -- 21st century -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Posters 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Posters 1
- Chile--Politics and government--1973-1988--Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Laguna 1
- Civil rights movements – Posters 1
- Colombia--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 1
- Color slides 1
- Colorado -- Pictorial works 1
- Columbus Quincentenary, 1992-1993 1
- Commercial art--New Mexico 1
- Costa Rica--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of --New Mexico 1
- Cuba -- Posters 1
- Cuba -- Politics and government -- 1959-1990 -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 28
- Spanish; Castilian 15
- German 3
- Portuguese 3
- Undetermined 3
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Arenal, Luis 1
- Arisman, Marshall 1
- Aschwanden, Peter Georg, 1942-2005 1