Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 66
Abstract Photographs related to mining and life in Madrid, New Mexico. The bulk of the images were made between 1930 and 1949.
Dates: 1920-1949; Majority of material found in 1930-1949
Abstract Most of the photographs in this collection were taken by Alice Bullock and record the places she visited and wrote about and the people she met.
Abstract Alice Smith Gatliff (1868-1936) was the owner of the “Curio Café” in Agua Prieta, Mexico. The collection contains postcards and photographs about the Mexican Revolution. It contains images of tourists in the Curio shop, Mexican leaders and officials, portraits of revolutionaries, trench warfare, train scenes, military camps, and prisoners at Fort Bliss.
Abstract This collection of black-and-white photos (with typewritten text on back) shows pupils and teachers at the Rationalist or Socialist Schools of Tabasco, Mexico, where agricultural practices were taught in post-Revolutionary Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains 3 mounted photographs and a set of postcards entitled "Como es Buenos Aires en la Actualidad."
Abstract This collection contains photographs relating to the history of the Bell Ranch.
Dates: 1896, 1984
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet...
Abstract The collection consists mainly of photographs of University of New Mexico buildings.
Identifier: PICT- 000-495
Abstract The collection consists largely of photographs of the O'Donel family, their friends, and employees on the Bell Ranch. Pictures of O'Donel's original home in Ireland, family vacation spots in California, family shots in Denver, and trips to Mexico and Guatemala also form part of the collection.
Abstract Collection consists primarily of snapshots of Chester E. Faris of the USDI Indian Affairs office during the 1920s-1940s.
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Abstract The David Wilde Photograph Collection contains a variety of formats, including slides, photographs, proofs, negatives, postcards and some art work, as well as color and black and white xeroxed images. The material is related to his early life in England and later years in Albuquerque. It also includes images of art work by Arthur Charles Slawson and photographs gathered for his biography of Zeke Cortez.
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract The El Hispano News Pictorial Collection is comprised of photographs, halftone images, postcards, negatives, and other pictorial materials from the Albuquerque Spanish-language newspaper, El Hispano News.
Dates: 1938, 1958-2003; Majority of material found within 1958-2003
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains Erna Fergusson's personal photographs of her travels, pre-Columbian architecture, Native American life and culture, and New Mexico.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs, postcards, photomechanical prints, and a scrapbook, ranging in date from 1910 to circa 1970s. The bulk of the collection is related to France V. Scholes, his family, and his time in Mexico.
Abstract Portraits of Frank Waters, his family, friends and home; as well as prints of Native Americans, landscapes, and ruins.
Abstract Collection consists of New Mexico Tourist Bureau photos, aerial views, photos of events, and public buildings in Albuquerque, N.M.
Dates: 1940-1970; Majority of material found within 1940-1965
Abstract The Frederick O'Hara papers show his life's work and the collection of postcard and photographs he personally kept. The papers include audio cassettes of interviews with him and exhibition catalogs, photographs, and pamphlets of his art gallery shows.
Abstract Collection contains photographs of the Ohio State football team (Big Ten Champions) stopping at the Albuquerque train station on route to the Rose Bowl in 1921 and snapshots of the Yale Campus (1920) and Bowl game (1924). It also includes various scenes of New Mexico.
Dates: 1914-1972; Majority of material found within 1920-1929
Abstract The album contains postcards that appear to be souvenirs of travel.
Abstract Photographs related to the wholesale and retail mercantile business Gross, Kelly & Company and its predecessor firms. The bulk of the images were made between 1902 and 1954, the years in which Gross, Kelly & Company was in existence.
Identifier: AC 030-P
Scope and Content A fourteen page handwritten essay on Santa Fe architecture by Helen Campbell that appears to have been written in the 1920s. Essay is illustrated with black and white photographs and postcards of various structures in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Identifier: AC 427-p
Scope and Content This collection consists of 19 historical postcards. These postcards were used to promote New Mexico tourism in the early 20th century. The majority feature the Fred Harvey stamp. The postcards portray New Mexican Harvey properties such as The Alvarado, El Ortiz, and La Fonda hotels, as well as local landmarks and cultural scenes.
- Subject: Postcards X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 54
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Postcards 60
- Photographs 24
- Photographic postcards 9
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 8
- Photograph albums 7
- Pictorial works 6
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 4
- Clippings 4
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 4
- Negatives (Photographs) 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Correspondence 3
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 3
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Panoramic photographs 3
- Picture postcards 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 3
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- San Ildefonso Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Aerial photographs 2
- Albumen prints 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Authors -- Pictorial works 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Cyanotypes 2
- Ephemera 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Governors -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Indian art -- North America -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Jemez Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Lamy (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Landscapes (Representations) 2
- Mexican-American Border Region -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Newsletters 2
- Panoramas 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Photomechanical prints 2
- Posters 2
- Ranches -- New Mexico 2
- Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- San Felipe Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Stereographs 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Tourism -- Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- United States Highway 66 2
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Actors -- Mexico 1
- Actresses -- Mexico 1
- Advertising 1
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico -- Chiapas -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico -- Tabasco -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Agua Prieta (Sonora, Mexico) 1
- Agua Prieta (Sonora, Mexico) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Alaska -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1872-1939 -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeologists -- New Mexico -- Portraits 1
- Archaeologists -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Argentina -- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Argentina -- Travel 1
- Arroyo Seco (N.M.) -- Pictorial Works 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Austria--Pictorial works 1
- Automobiles -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztec (N.M.) 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Barrio de Analco (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Belchite (Spain) -- Siege, 1937 1
- Belen (N.M.) 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bell Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) 1
- Billy, the Kid -- Pictorial Works 1 ∧ less
- English 58
- Undetermined 9
- Spanish; Castilian 8
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Ahlborn, Richard E., 1933-2015 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Davis, Wyatt, 1906-1984 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Gross, Blackwell & Company 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hall, Douglas Kent, 1938-2008 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- O'Hara, Frederick, 1904-1980 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Slawson, Alfred Charles , 1920-1987 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- W.H. Horne Co 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1 ∧ less