Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Abstract The collection contains residential real estate transaction records primarily for Albuquerque, NM and records of farms and ranches for sale across the state.
Dates: circa 1960-circa 1988
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Abstract The collection consists primarily of administrative documents and reports related to the Main Street program in Albuquerque’s Nob Hill District in the mid to late 1980s.
Abstract This collection contains records of the Construction Specifications Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico chapter. It documents activities relating to improving the process of creating and sustaining the built environment.
Abstract The collection relates primarily to the 1950’s-60’s rock and roll/garage band music scene and the East Mountain area of Albuquerque, NM – particularly softball and weather.
Dates: 1953-2014; Majority of material found within 1966-1996
Identifier: MSS 939 BC-939-BC
Abstract The collection focuses on resistance and litigation in response to the forced relocation of the Navajo, pursuant to Public Law 93-531 (Navajo-Hopi Land Settlement Act of 1974).
Dates: 1964-1996; Majority of material found within 1986-1989
Abstract Video recordings and interview notes relating to César Chávez and the United Farm Workers Movement and documents relating to the Labor Party of New Mexico.
Dates: 1992-2001; Majority of material found within 2000-2001
Abstract This collection contains papers of Jane C. Sanchez, a historian and playwright in New Mexico. The materials relate to her research primarily regarding land grants, colonial history, Spanish and Mexican law, and storylines for theatrical and movie productions.
Dates: 1663-2004; Majority of material found within 1966-2004
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of John J. Dempsey as a United States representative. Includes correspondence (official and private), speeches, statements, remarks, congressional bills, reports, and newsletters. Some of the subjects covered are agriculture, education, mining, water uses, flood control, dams, land titles, and roads. Items of note include a complete list of bills introduced by Dempsey (74th-85th Congress), papers of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy, remarks on the...
Dates: 1936-1958 (bulk, 1951-1958)
Abstract This is a collection of League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) documents gathered by Joseph W. Trujillo, who was secretary of Council 212 in Los Alamos. He was also LULAC Governor for New Mexico from 1954 to 1955 and later voted the "Outstanding LULAC Man of the Year." This collection contains original documents about national and regional LULAC policies and activities during the time that Trujillo was an active leader in New Mexico LULAC.
Dates: 1952-1996; Majority of material found within ( 1954-1955)
Scope and Content As of 1999, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Board of Nursing and its predecessors: the Board of Nurses' Examiners; and the Board of Examiners for Graduate Nurses (1932-1984). Includes minutes (1977-1983); reports (1955-1974), annual reports (1969-1984); bulletins (1971-1984); a manual for schools of nursing (1965); a roster of nurses (1966); rules and regulations (1939-1977); and financial papers (1932-1979), including audits (1932-1968). Records include some certificates and...
Identifier: AC 163
Scope and Content The New Mexico Federation of Women Clubs [NMFWC] is part of the national organization General Federation of Women's Clubs [GFWC], which supervises state chapters. The regional and local chapters, in turn, reported to the NMFWC. The chapters function under the auspices of the NMFWC, and are largely subject to their constitutions, by-laws and governing principles. In Santa Fe, the club was originally called Woman's Board of Trade and Library Association.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract New Mexico Geographic Information Council partners with state and federal agencies to provide services and materials on geographic information systems and technologies. This collection includes founding papers, newsletters, conference materials and the first survey to assess geographic information and technology in New Mexico.
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, its predecessor the New Mexico School of Mines, and the New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources (1895-1984). New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology records include catalogs (1951-1981), student handbooks (1959-1968), pamphlets, and student-faculty directories. New Mexico School of Mines records include catalogs (1930-1951), and a biennial report (1947-1949). New Mexico Bureau of Mines...
Scope and Content As of 1997, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Mounted Police (1905-1911), State Police and State Police Division (1935-1987). Records of the Mounted Police include annual reports, administrative correspondence, investigation files, arrest records, oaths of officers, and wanted posters. Records of the State Police and State Police Division include administrative correspondence, special reports, bulletins, legal opinions, and administrative files. Also within the collection are...
Identifier: AC 174
Scope and Contents
- Papers include the organization's correspondence and financial records.
- The association's records also include publications, picture postcards, periodicals, newspaper clippings, and association publications.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The collection focuses on the business of Simonson Cycle Co., dealers of Indian and other motorcycles, bicycles, sporting goods fishing tackle, and repair shop. Indian Motorcycle Club meeting minutes, including trip descriptions are included.
Dates: 1910-2017; Majority of material found within 1925-1965
Identifier: UNMA 115
Abstract The University of New Mexico Physical Plant records document the activities of the Physical Plant Department between 1943 and 1999. Founded in 1889, The University of New Mexico began with one building. Since then, the Physical Plant Department has provided the maintenance for all the buildings in the University of New Mexico.
Dates: 1943-1999; Majority of material found in 1965-1979
Identifier: UNMA 047
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Public Affairs Department of the University of New Mexico. It holds press releases, news clippings, photographs, correspondence, articles, pamphlets, invoices, newsletters, programs, scripts, and videotapes.
Abstract This collection contains records from Home Economics Department at the University of New Mexico. Home Economics department provided courses child development, family studies, home management, and on other related areas.
Dates: 1914-1983; Majority of material found within 1966-1983
Scope and Content Contains newsletters edited and produced onboard by the crew, memoranda, and assorted commemorative pamphlets.
Dates: 1919-1945; Majority of material found within 1935-1945
- Subject: Newsletters X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 17
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Clippings 8
- Minutes (Records) 6
- Photographs 6
- Annual reports 4
- Correspondence 4
- Financial records 3
- Letters 3
- Manuals 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Reports 3
- State government records 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Administrative reports 2
- Documentary films 2
- Legal documents 2
- Membership lists 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Publications 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Territorial records 2
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Bands 1
- Architecture -- Societies -- New Mexico 1
- Audits 1
- Bands (Music) – New Mexico 1
- Barrio de Analco (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Battleships -- New Mexico--History 1
- Buildings -- Maintenance -- New Mexico 1
- Buildings -- Specifications -- New Mexico 1
- By-laws 1
- Campaign paraphernalia--United States 1
- Card files 1
- Catalogs 1
- Central business districts -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Chicano Civil Rights Movement -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Child Development -- Study and teaching -- New Mexico 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- City planning --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Civil law – America -- Sources. 1
- College buildings -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Construction -- Standards -- New Mexico 1
- Construction industry -- New Mexico 1
- Contracts 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of --New Mexico 1
- Curry House (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- DVDs 1
- Dams--New Mexico 1
- Directories 1
- Education, Higher -- New Mexico -- Socorro 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Entertainment events – New Mexico 1
- Families -- Research 1
- Farms – New Mexico 1
- Flood control--New Mexico 1
- Fort Union National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Forumeer 1
- Garage rock music – New Mexico 1
- Geodatabases -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Geology -- New Mexico 1
- Grant proposals 1
- Groundwater -- New Mexico 1
- Health occupations licensing boards -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American veterans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans--Research 1
- Historic districts --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Historic preservation --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Historic sites --Law and legislation--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- New Mexico 1
- Housing -- Family relationships 1
- Hydrogeology -- New Mexico 1
- Interstate agreements--Southwest, New 1
- Interviews 1
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Jyck Ball Roundup 1
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 1
- LULAC papers 1
- Labor movement--New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico. 1
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico--Santa Fe County 1
- Law -- America -- Sources 1
- Law enforcement --New Mexico 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Licenses 1
- Lincoln County (N.M.) – History -- 19th century. 1
- Magnetic tapes 1
- Map 1
- Mayors--Election--New Mexico 1
- Meteorology -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican American migrant agricultural laborers 1
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- English 22
- Undetermined 9
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Indian Motorcycle Company 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1