Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 121
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Abstract The collection contains papers covering Fall's career as U.S. Senator and Secretary of the Interior. It includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, congressional records dealing with oil scandals and Mexican affairs, and federal court transcripts and briefs relating to his legal troubles.
Dates: 1851-1927; Majority of material found in 1922-1927
Abstract This collection contains one scrapbook and three folders consisting mainly of newspaper clippings pertaining to the formation of the Progressive Party in New Mexico and the controversy created by a purposed survey to determine the level of racism among high school students, both events occurring in the early 1930s. Also included are some speeches and correspondence of attorney Antonio A. Sedillo who was a member of the Progressive Party.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Abstract The collection consists of documents and a scrapbook containing newspaper articles related to Bernard Rodey's two terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Abstract The collection includes correspondence of Clyde and Carrie Tingley, as well as material related to the City of Albuquerque, Carrie Tingley Hospital, and the New Mexico State Fair. Materials focus on Tingley’s time as Mayor/Chairman of the City of Albuquerque and Governor of New Mexico.
Dates: 1856-1959; Majority of material found within 1935-1955
Abstract The collection primarily consists of photographs of Clyde Tingley by himself and with others. Photographs document Tingley's personal life and professional role as Governor of New Mexico and Albuquerque City Commissioner. There are also photographs of Carrie Tingley.
Dates: 18??-1953; Majority of material found within 1933-1953
Scope and Content The John L. Gay collection (1841-1902) consists primarily of business documents and correspondence concerning Manuel and Rafael Armijo. These papers are particularly valuable in that they throw light on some phases of the Civil War period in New Mexico. The Armijos were merchants with stores in Albuquerque, Mesilla and other places in New Mexico. The Armijos identified themselves with the South at the beginning of the Civil War, and sold quantities of merchandise to Baylor, Sibley, and other...
Dates: 1841-1902 (bulk 1854-1887)
Abstract This collection contains audiotaped interviews, news clippings, articles, pamphlets, brochures, news letters, correspondence, and a scrapbook documenting the life and social career of Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven.
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Identifier: MSS 394 BC
Scope and Content The Dennis Chávez Papers are comprised of material from Chávez' career as a politician. This includes his tenure in the New Mexico State Legislature, as well as in the United States Congress, where he was involved in such areas as Indian affairs, labor, the Post Office, the Defense Department, Latin American issues, and New Deal programs. The collection contains personal and congressional papers and correspondence (including materials relating to Senator Joseph McCarthy), photographs, news...
Dates: 1921-1963; Majority of material found in 1930-1962
Abstract This is a collection of correspondence, photos, newspaper clippings and articles about Elfego Baca as retained by his family after his death and collected in subsequent years. They provide a view of Baca’s political, business and family life beyond the well-known 1884 gunfight in Socorro County.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence from E. A. Graves, Indian Agent, to Governor and Superintendent of Indian Affairs for New Mexico Territory, David Meriwether. Most letters inform Meriwether of situations with the Utahs, Navajos, and Apaches, and seek advice or action on the part of the Governor.
Scope and Content The Ross Collection consists of 22 folders, arranged in chronological order, with manuscript and printed materials relating to Ross's role as soldier and senator from Kansas from 1865-1879; his activities in New Mexico from 1881 to 1885; his role as governor of New Mexico from 1885 to 1889; his activities as a private citizen/author/printer from 1890 to 1907. Photographs and photocopies of photographs are also included. The last folders in the box contain genealogical material and photocopied...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Abstract The collection consists of the general correspondence of Edward L. Bartlett in his positions as Adjutant General of the Territory of New Mexico, private attorney, and Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico, 1882/83-1885, 1896 and 1903
- Subject: New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 68
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 31
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 20
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 120
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 53
- Annual reports 38
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 38
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 35
- Territorial records 33
- State government records 32
- Proclamations 27
- Extradition -- New Mexico 23
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 22
- Reports 22
- Governors --New Mexico 21
- Addresses 20
- Minutes (Records) 15
- Clippings 14
- Governors -- New Mexico 13
- Publications 12
- Financial records 11
- Pardon --New Mexico 11
- Scrapbooks 10
- Account books 9
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 8
- Water rights -- New Mexico 8
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 7
- Governors--New Mexico 6
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 6
- Letters 6
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 6
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 6
- Pardon -- New Mexico 6
- Certificates 5
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Family papers 5
- Legal documents 5
- Letterpress copybooks 5
- Navajo Indian Reservation 5
- Pardon--New Mexico 5
- Photographs 5
- Wills 5
- Correspondence 4
- Diaries 4
- Elections -- New Mexico 4
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 4
- Legal files 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 4
- Public lands --New Mexico 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 4
- Statehood (American politics) 4
- Bounties --New Mexico 3
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 3
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 3
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 3
- Courts -- New Mexico 3
- Deeds 3
- Education -- New Mexico 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Eulogies 3
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 3
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Map 3
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- Militia 3
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 3
- Newsletters 3
- Politicians -- New Mexico 3
- Progressivism (United States politics) 3
- Public lands -- New Mexico 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- New Mexico -- Gallup 3
- Abstracts 2
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Audits 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Case files 2
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. 2
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 2
- Conveyances 2
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 2
- Directories 2
- Estate records 2
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2
- Genealogy 2
- Governors -- New Mexico. 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- Sources 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Inventories 2
- Judges -- New Mexico 2
- Labor -- New Mexico 2
- Labor--New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Laws 2 ∧ less
- English 116
- Undetermined 88
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 9
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 6
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 5
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 4
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 4
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 4
- Tingley, Clyde 4
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 3
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 3
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 2
- New Mexico. Legislature 2
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 2
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Andrews, William H. (William Henry), 1842-1919 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Ellis, George F. 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lane, Rose Wilder, 1886-1968 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Cattle Growers Association 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1 ∧ less