Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Scope and Content The collection is divided into 16 overlapping series, and also includes an oversized folder. There is some duplication of series, reflecting multiple processing efforts over time. The series breakdown is as follows: I. Historical documents of New Mexico and the West: diaries, manuscripts, correspondence, transcriptions, printed matter, business records and other papers, mostly relating to NM territorial history. Material from New Mexico Secretary of the Territory (MSS 25 SC)...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the county clerk (1867-1933), county assessor (1870-1892, 1917, 1924), county treasurer (1869-1927), county commission (1876-1927), superintendent of schools (1907-1908), county surveyor (1898), justice of the peace (1887-1925), sheriff (1869-1884), and probate court (1892-1929). Clerk's records include notary records, poll and tally books, voter lists, election returns, abstracts of titles, articles of incorporation, registers of licenses and brands,...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: MSS -222-BC
Abstract This collection consists of a bound copy of "Notes and Memoranda Concerning the Legal, Literary, and Scientific Activities of Mr. Frank Springer as a Citizen of New Mexico," compiled from original sources by Ralph Emerson Twitchell, Sante Fe, New Mexico. The collection also contains a bibliography of Frank Springer, correspondence, and clippings.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Henry A. Kiker's legal papers. District court records pertain to civil, criminal, and probate cases in Colfax, Eddy, Mora, Quay, Taos, and Union counties. There are extensive records for Colfax County. Cases of note are the Maxwell Land Grant "squatter" cases involving the Maxwell Land Grant Co., the Maxwell Ditch and Reservoir Co., and the Maxwell Irrigated Land Co. Kiker, Bickley, and Voorhees office correspondence includes Kiker's and Bickley's political and personal...
Identifier: AC 302-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a "Reply to Defendants' Brief," Henry Clark et al., complainants vs. The Maxwell Land Grant, defendant.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Abstract Collection consists of images related to the Maxwell Land Grant in Colfax County, New Mexico.
Scope and Content This collection documents the operations of the Maxwell Land Grant Company, primarily in New Mexico. It contains 75 bound volumes of letters; 83 bound volumes of ledgers, cash books, journals, etc., and 2 scrapbooks. There are 85 archival boxes containing bank statements, cancelled checks, land contracts, financial statements, correspondence, maps, leases, legal documents, vouchers, receipts, and annual reports of the Maxwell Land Grant Co. and its related business enterprises. The Maxwell...
Identifier: AC 290
Scope and Content Collection contains notes and memoranda concerning the legal, literary, and scientific activities of Frank Springer compiled by Ralph E. Twitchell. Most of the information consists of printed material, reprints of articles, newspaper clippings, and typewritten letters, etc., published elsewhere. Volume 1 contains the most extensive collection with a brief introduction by Twitchell. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 contain mostly replicates of material found in the first volume.
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
Scope and Content The collection contains personal, business, political and legal papers of Thomas B. Catron, 1723-1930. Included is correspondence, legal documents, case records, maps, deeds, campaign literature, newspaper clippings, ledgers, reports and printed material. The collection contains records of 282 cases of the U. S. Court of Private Land Claims, Santa Fe District, 1891-1903, with considerable material on the Anton Chico Grant, Tierra Amarilla Grant, Maxwell Land Grant, and La Bajada Grant. The...
Abstract The William A. Keleher collection contains a variety of materials pertaining to the history of New Mexico. As a historian, Keleher conducted thorough research on the territorial era of the State. As a prominent lawyer and citizen of the State in the 1900's, Keleher's legal work and volunteer efforts helped shape the modern condition of New Mexico. Many of the documents related to his research, career and other interests are included in this collection.
Dates: 1714-1999; Majority of material found within 1915-1972
- Subject: Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 9
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 6
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 18
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Clippings 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Addresses 3
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Deeds 3
- Family papers 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Legal files 3
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Photographs 3
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Water rights -- New Mexico 3
- Wills 3
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Business records -- New Mexico 2
- Conveyances 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Estate records 2
- Eulogies 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Account books 1
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Agriculture -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Bankruptcy -- New Mexico 1
- Bar associations -- New Mexico 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Celebrities --New Mexico 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cityscapes -- New Mexico -- Colfax County -- Pictorial works 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Coal Strike, Gallup, N.M., 1933 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Politics 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys --Poetry 1
- Crinoidea, Fossil 1
- Deed books 1
- Diaries 1
- Ditches New Mexico 1
- Eaton Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Education -- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Ephemera 1
- Excavations (Archeology) - New Mexico 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Field notes 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort March (N.M.) 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 1
- Fraud --New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Pictorial works 1
- Governors --New Mexico 1
- Hanging -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Historians -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Irrigation -- Pictorial works 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 1
- Judges -- New Mexico 1
- Judicial records 1
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Labor unions -- Pictorial works 1
- Land grants - New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- Colorado -- History 1
- Land grants New Mexico 1
- Land grants New Mexico Maps. 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Colfax County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Elizabethtown 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Taos 1
- Land use -- New Mexico 1
- Landscapes (Representations) -- New Mexico -- Colfax County -- Pictorial works 1
- Las Animas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Lawyers New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 13
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 3
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Maxwell Land Grant and Railway Co 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1 ∧ less