Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 37
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract Daniel Schávelzon is an Argentinian urban archeologist and architect who has been active in archeological and architectural research and organizations.
Dates: 1890-2017; Majority of material found in 1980s-2017
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Abstract The collection documents Harrison H. Schmitt’s career as NASA astronaut in the Apollo Program and as United States Senator from New Mexico (1976-1982). Correspondence, reports, maps, photographs, research files, press releases, speeches, and photographs comprise the bulk of the collection.
Dates: 1937-1986; Majority of material found in 1964-1982
Abstract This collection contains over 800 posters and newsmaps from World War II issued by various federal agencies.
Abstract Holm O. Bursum (1869- 1953.)was a successful politician, businessman, and rancher who lived in Socorro, New Mexico. Bursum became an important public figure in New Mexico and served as a United States Senator from 1921- 1925.
Dates: 1867 - 1965
Identifier: AC 119
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Jones. Includes WWII contour maps of Japan; miscellaneous newspaper clippings and pamphlets about the Zia Company and Los Alamos; and Jones's correspondence.
Identifier: AC 598
Scope and Content Collection contains documents related to Thompson’s Forest Service including portions of his personnel file, along with paperwork and many annotated maps showing details of various forest fires in the West.
Dates: 1965 - 1986
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Abstract The collection contains photographs compiled by University of New Mexico professor José A. Rivera while researching mutual aid societies and irrigation systems in the Southwest.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Lincoln County, New Mexico (1869-1932). Included are records of the county clerk (1869-1912), assessor (1870-1912), auditor (1875), treasurer (1883-1932), sheriff (1875-1897), county commissioners (1889-1912), justice of the peace (1876-1904), probate court (1870-1920), and miscellaneous records. Clerks records include poll and tally books, voter lists, election records, mining records, and registers of bonds, deeds, and marriages. Miscellaneous records...
Abstract The collection consists of archaeologist Linda Cordell's research files and data, excavation site plans, correspondence, papers, and conference materials.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1971-2013; 1927-2013
Abstract The Loren Potter collection includes class lectures and notes, awards, slides, and publications by the former UNM Professor and Biology Department Chair.
Dates: 1938-2014; Majority of material found within 1975-2005
Scope and Contents Hand-drawn map of the property owned by the Sisters of Loretto in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Depicted on the ten acre site are the academy building, convent, and cemetery.
Abstract Papers relate to Navajo research: ethnobotany, bear ceremonialism, pottery, rock art, as well as California archaeology, anthropology, museum issues, and other general topics. Includes field notes, manuscripts, letters, maps, photographs.
Abstract This collection contains faded reproductions of Mapa de Cuauhtlantzinco.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of McKinley County, New Mexico (1901-1981). The bulk of the material covers the years 1901-1928. Included are assessment records (1901-1912), a sheriffs cash register (1912-1928), subdivision regulations issued by the county commissioners, and maps including one of Gallup (1922) and plats of Timberlake Ranch (1938, 1978-1981).
Dates: 1901-1981 (bulk 1901-1928)
Abstract This collection consists of records from the Netherwood Park Neighborhood Association, including meeting minutes and documentation of neighborhood development issues.
Identifier: AC 159-S
Scope and Content One ledger book of deed descriptions and hand-drawn maps of property in Santa Fe owned by the New Mexico Central Railroad Co. Includes information on a depot shared with the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad.
Identifier: AC 332
Scope and Content Collection consists of pamphlets which reflect the history of Santa Fe and other New Mexico towns as destination for tourists. Advertising aimed at tourists includes guidebooks, maps and brochures, as well as a small section of guidebooks about Arizona, Spain, and Latin America. The collection is open-ended.
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, its predecessor the New Mexico School of Mines, and the New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources (1895-1984). New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology records include catalogs (1951-1981), student handbooks (1959-1968), pamphlets, and student-faculty directories. New Mexico School of Mines records include catalogs (1930-1951), and a biennial report (1947-1949). New Mexico Bureau of Mines...
- Subject: Map X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 18
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 9
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Map 36
- Photographs 10
- Clippings 8
- Letters 8
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 5
- Correspondence 4
- Deeds 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Reports 4
- Arizona--Description and travel 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Diaries 3
- Estate records 3
- Financial records 3
- Legal documents 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Publications 3
- Tax records 3
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Conveyances 2
- Legal files 2
- Local government -- Records 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Posters 2
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Slides 2
- Southwest, New -- Antiquities 2
- State government records 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Unfinished works 2
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Indians -- History 1
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Advertising - New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians--History--19th century 1
- Archaeology -- California 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Archaeology--Conservation and Restoration 1
- Archaeology--Latin America 1
- Argentina -- History 1
- Argentina Antiquities 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Las Vegas 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Articles 1
- Arts – New Mexico 1
- Astronauts -- United States 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bears -- Folklore 1
- Bears -- Religious aspects 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Biography 1
- Biology -- Study and teaching 1
- Bishop John Lamy Grant (N.M.) 1
- Blueprints 1
- Boarding Schools 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching 1
- Boundary disputes 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brochures 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) -- Antiquities 1
- Camps -- New Mexico 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Cañada de Los Alamos Grant (N.M.) 1
- Certificates 1
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) -- Antiquities 1
- Cityscapes 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Colorado -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 35
- Undetermined 17
- Spanish; Castilian 9
- German 1
- Portuguese 1
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1