Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 47
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Anne Hilleman's second and third Navajos mystery novels, Rock with Wings (2015) and Song of the Lion (2017), along with publisher correspondence.
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the career of Elizabeth Garrrett, a blind singer and daughter of Sheriff Pat Garrett. Elizabeth Garrett served on the faculty of the New Mexico School for the Visually Handicapped and wrote "O Fair New Mexico," which was adopted as the official state song in 1917. In addition to various typed manuscript drafts of Buckner's unpublished biography of Garrett, the collection also contains articles and newspaper clippings about Garrett; letters about...
Dates: 1893-1992 (bulk, 1965-1966)
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 477
Scope and Content Collection consists of books, articles, poetry, audio recordings and short stories by New Mexico author Chellis Glendinning. Also included are various interviews, correspondence and magazine articles on Glendinning's work in the areas of psychology, feminism, environmentalism, ecopsychology and political activism.
Abstract El Paso, Texas-based publisher, specializing in literature, poetry, and fiction that emphasizes experience in the Southwest borderlands and Mexico. Authors published by the Press include several award-winning Southwestern writers, storytellers, and poets.
Scope and Content Collection contains the 18 linear feet of correspondence between Dr. Knowlton, colleagues, students, and publishers. Dr. Knowlton's manuscripts relating to his field of research are included, some of which have been published in professional journals. Professor Knowlton also collected manuscripts written by colleagues and students on subjects relating to Mexican-Americans, Bilingual Education and Native American issues. Also within the collection are 23 linear feet of reports, committee...
Identifier: AC 521-p
Scope and Content Folder contains a copy of the Codex Sierra (64 pages plus front and back cover): Nicolas Leon, ed. Códice Sierra. Fragmento de una nomina de gastos del pueblo de Santa Catarina Texupan .... 1550 a 1564. Mexico City: Museo Nacional de Mexico, and Poulat Litografía, 1906. Front cover states "Julia Bourgeois Mexico 1912." Digital images of the codex can be viewed at ...
Abstract The collection contains the research and manuscript of Dan D. Chavez for his book on Soledad Chacon. Included are documents related to her and her family, letters to her, and an interview with her daughter, Lena Ward. There are also materials by and about the writer, Felipe M. Chacon, a relative of Soledad. Further, it has annotated lists of New Mexico political and judicial officials researched by Chavez. In addition, the collection has some of Chavez's preliminary work on Octaviano Larrazolo...
Dates: 1872-2016; Majority of material found within 1970-1999
Abstract The Ediciones Botas Pictorial Collection is comprised of book covers, original book cover art, illustrations, technical drawings, manuscripts, and photographs related to the Mexican book publisher Ediciones Botas.
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, publications, articles, and clippings by and about Edwin Arlington Robinson. The material was compiled by two of Robinson's friends, Esther Willard Bates and Winfield Townley Scott. Bates was a playwright who met Robinson at the MacDowell Colony. Possessing the rare ability to read Robinson's handwriting, she became his typist and the first reader of his manuscripts. Scott, a fellow poet who eventually settled in Santa Fe, New Mexico, was also a...
Dates: 1897-1965 (bulk 1930-1965)
Identifier: AC 485
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, cards, miscellaneous legal and fiscal documents, and various pieces of ephemera. The bulk of this collection is authored by Frank W. Armstrong of New Mexico. Also included within the collection are various documents pertaining to the Armstrong family business, the San Marcial Mercantile Company in San Marcial, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Scope and Content This collection reflects the career of Frederick A. Peterson, a Mesoamerican archaeologist who focused his research on Mexico. Correspondence; anthropological and archaeological research; manuscripts from his book, Ancient Mexico; and eighteenth and nineteenth-century Spanish documents make up the bulk of the collection. The collection is divided into five series: I. Correspondence; II. Clippings and legal papers; III. Research and publications, which includes...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Abstract This collection contains a photocopy manuscript of the script for the pastorela play, Los Pastores, written by Jacobo Lucero of Ranchos de Albuquerque. The manuscript contains a character list and script, including text and songs. It was written just prior to the death of the author in 1939.
Identifier: AC 210
Scope and Content In 1968, Ms. J. K. Shishkin was assigned by Mr. Carlos Nagel, the director of the Museum of New Mexico, to write a history of the Palace of the Governors. In 1972, Ms. Shishkin submitted this manuscript consisting of 405 typewritten pages and 28 handwritten pages of footnotes. Carl E. Rosnek, Museum Director of Publications, returned the manuscript to Ms. Shishkin with editorial comments and corrections. Although Ms. Shishkin agreed to rewrite the manuscript, she did not finish the project by...
Identifier: AC 417
Scope and Content This collection is a series of handwritten manuscripts on Indians of the Southwest. Most pages are written in English, although some are in French (Salpointe's native language) and one essay is in Spanish. Topics covered include: dances, mythology, traits, and Indian wars. He focuses on the Apache, Navajo, Papago, Zuni, and Pueblo Indian tribes.
Abstract Collection contains writer and author Joseph Foster's correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Dates: 1920s - 1980s
Abstract Manuscript and photographs from twelve-year-old Lois Stone Allen from Boston who took a trip with her grandfather to California in 1912.
Identifier: AC 402
Scope and Content The collection contains manuscripts for Louis Kraft's books (originals, edits, drafts); correspondence with friends, critics, writers, as it relates to Kraft's publications; magazine articles and lectures written by Kraft; his books; and photos of Kraft. Includes materials and script for the two-act play by Louis Kraft "An Evening with Ned Wynkoop."
Dates: 1982 - (open end)
Identifier: AC 141
Scope and Content This collection contains historical film and photographic research material of photographic and related matter depicting Native Americans at tribal dances and celebrations. Most of the collection consists of photocopied items from other repositories. The topical organization of the papers is Luther Lyan's creation.
- Subject: Manuscripts X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 22
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 15
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- Manuscripts 34
- Clippings 10
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 6
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Publications 5
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 4
- Diaries 4
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 4
- Photographs 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 3
- Correspondence 3
- Sound recordings 3
- American Literature -- New Mexico 2
- Archaeology -- Mexico 2
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Articles 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of Mexico 2
- Interviews 2
- Lectures 2
- Letters 2
- Manuscripts, Nahuatl -- Facsimiles 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Music 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Poems 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Reports 2
- Translations 2
- (Buffalo, N.Y.) -- Travel 1
- Addresses 1
- Adobe News 1
- Adobe houses 1
- Adventures in Mexico 1
- Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- Alexandria (Egypt) 1
- Allen, Lois Stone--Archives. 1
- Allen, Lois Stone. Ismailia or a Young Girl’s Trip to California with Ismailia--Manuscripts. 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- Amazon River Valley--Pictorial works 1
- American fiction -- West (U.S.) -- History and criticism 1
- American literature -- Research--Methodology 1
- American literature -- Study and teaching. 1
- American poetry 20th century 1
- American poetry West (U.S.) 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Ismailia Temple 1
- Ancient Mexico: An Introduction to the Pre-Hispanic Cultures 1
- Animals in art--Pictorial works 1
- Animals--Specimens--Pictorial works 1
- Apache Indians - Wars, 1879-1886 1
- Apache Tribe of Oklahoma--Pictorial works 1
- Apache art--Pictorial works 1
- Appellate courts - New Mexico - History - Sources 1
- Archaeological Expeditions -- Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Arrangement (Music) 1
- Art objects, African--Pictorial works 1
- Art objects, Chinese--Pictorial works 1
- Art objects, Japanese--Pictorial works 1
- Art, African--Pictorial works 1
- Art, Mexican--Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Asia--Pictorial works 1
- Athens (Greece) 1
- Audio archive 1
- Authors and publishing--Southwestern states--History--Sources. 1
- Authors, American - 20th century - New Mexico -Las Cruces - Biography. 1
- Authors, American - 20th century - New Mexico -Las Cruces - Manuscripts. 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American--20th century--Manuscripts. 1
- Authors, American--20th century--New Mexico--Manuscripts. 1
- Authors, American—20th century—Manuscripts 1
- Authors, Mexican--20th century--Manuscripts. 1
- Aztec art--Pictorial works 1
- Aztecs -- Languages -- Texts 1
- Aztecs --Languages --Texts 1
- Basque Americans -- West (U.S.) – History 1
- Basque Americans – Northwest, Pacific 1
- Book industries and trade -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Book jackets 1
- Books -- Pictorial works 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- Building, Adobe 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- California -- Photographs 1
- Cargo ships--United States--History--20th century 1
- Casablanca (Morocco) 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1 ∧ less
- English 45
- Undetermined 23
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 3
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 2
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Etulain, Richard W. 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Kraft, Louis, 1947- 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less