Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Abstract The E. Rosenwald and Son Records relate to the business transactions of the E. Rosenwald and Son firm of Las Vegas, New Mexico. Also included are personal documents of Emanuel Rosenwald and his sons.
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Henry A. Kiker's legal papers. District court records pertain to civil, criminal, and probate cases in Colfax, Eddy, Mora, Quay, Taos, and Union counties. There are extensive records for Colfax County. Cases of note are the Maxwell Land Grant "squatter" cases involving the Maxwell Land Grant Co., the Maxwell Ditch and Reservoir Co., and the Maxwell Irrigated Land Co. Kiker, Bickley, and Voorhees office correspondence includes Kiker's and Bickley's political and personal...
Abstract The Joseph A. Taichert Company operated a retail clothing store and wholesale fur business in Las Vegas, New Mexico, which started operations in the early 20th Century. Although the family sold its interest in the business in the early 1980s, the enterprise operated until 2004.
Dates: 1921 - 1966
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 621
Scope and Content This collection consists of Armijo family records and photographs and focuses on the many letters Leo Armijo wrote to his grandchildren, Patricia and David Palafox, sharing many personal family experiences as well as memories of the times in which he lived. Many of the stories relate to Las Vegas, NM history.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Identifier: AC 435-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of two booklets containing the By-Laws of the Montefiore Congregation and one booklet containing the constitution of the organization.
Identifier: AC 372
Scope and Content This collection contains bulletins, catalogs, announcements, and newsclippings from the Montezuma Baptist College, as well as correspondence, grade reports, and miscellaneous memorabilia of Mary E. Sever, a member of the class of 1926.
Identifier: SC 1972-01
Scope and Content This collection was compiled by Dr. Lynn Perrigo, from 1967-1970 he advised the Consolidation Commission during the consolidation of the Town of Las Vegas and the City of East Las Vegas. It includes personal notes, correspondence, minutes, drafts, maps, and ballots.
Dates: 1967-1970; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Found in: New Mexico Highlands University
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of 7 miscellaneous typed items, perhaps never sent to the Library of Congress during the New Deal era. Item 3 was removed and cataloged - See Separated Materials. These papers provide a small sample of the work done in the state under two of the New Deal Federal Work Progress Administration programs. Included are five undated submissions by New Mexico researchers to the Historical Records Survey Division. There is a translation of the 1760s document for the donation...
Identifier: AC 465-p
Scope and Content This Volume 1 of the Rosebud Monthly was published by 7th grade students of the Las Vegas, New Mexico, Public Schools on November 30, 1899. Editor-in-Chief was Waldo C. Twitchell and assistant editors were Grace Roseberry and Earl Norton. Every 7th grader was enouraged to submit something, "no matter what" to the monthly magazine even if it was only "one sentence," with a promise that it was being published.
Identifier: AC 225
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence and related materials of Royal A. Prentice dating from the 1930s. These literary materials consist of Prentice's correspondence relative to his avid hobby of Southwestern archaeology; which included a very close association with the Museum of New Mexico's Laboratory of Anthropology.
Abstract This is a collection of oral history projects done in conjunction with the University of New Mexico. Project themes include community/local/family history, politics/government, veterans, labor, education, and events.
Dates: 1984-2006; Majority of material found within 1995-1998
Identifier: MSS -281-BC
Abstract The William Reuben Tipton Records consists of two ledger books in which Dr. Tipton kept track of the accounts of his patients, 1893-1917.
Scope and Content The William G. Haydon Papers contains photocopies of family correspondence, short stories, business documents and newspaper clippings: Family correspondence includes William Haydon's letters to his son Bill, March 1919 to August 1926; letters to William Haydon from his son Bill, October 1911 to March 1926; III. Letters from William Haydon to his family March 1919 to January 1926; and correspondence between the four Haydon brothers: William, Curtis, Condit, and Ned, February 1922 to May 1934....
- Subject: Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 9
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 5
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 3
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- By-laws 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Politics and government 2
- Lawyers--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- African Americans 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Baptist universities and colleges -- Las Vegas (N.M.) 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Business enterprises--New Mexico History 1
- Cadillac automobiles 1
- Cattle trade -- New Mexico 1
- Chapel of Our Lady of Light (Santa Fe, N.M.)-- History 1
- Charters and articles of incorporation. 1
- Chicano movement--New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure --New Mexico 1
- Clippings 1
- Clothing trade - New Mexico - Las Vegas - History - Sources. 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- Congregation Montefiore (Las Vegas, N.M.) 1
- Constitutions 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Criminal procedure --New Mexico 1
- Deming (N.M.) -- History 1
- Diaries 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Edudation, higher - New Mexico 1
- Episcopal Church -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- Estate records 1
- Family papers 1
- Flamenco 1
- Fur traders - New Mexico - History - Sources. 1
- Fur-bearing animals - New Mexico - History -- Sources. 1
- Gambling -- New Mexico 1
- Graffiti -- New Mexico 1
- Harding County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Historic Preservation -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Jews - New Mexico - Las Vegas 1
- Labor unions--New Mexico 1
- Land companies--New Mexico 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land subdivision--Colorado 1
- Land subdivision--New Mexico 1
- Land titles --New Mexico 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Charters 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Las Vegas Democrat (Las Vegas, N.M.) 1
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Lawyers --New Mexico--Las Vegas 1
- Lea County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Legal files 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Local elections -- New Mexico 1
- Los Alamos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Los Duranes (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Los Padillas (N.M.) 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Medical records -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th Century 1
- Metropolitan government -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Mexican American college students--Political activity--New Mexico 1
- Mexican American women 1
- Mora (N.M.)--History 1
- Mora County (N.M.) --History 1
- Municipal charters -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Municipal incorporation -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Mural painting and decoration 1
- Musicians--New Mexico 1
- Navajo Indians -- Politics and government 1
- New Mexico -- Business 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions -- 20th century 1
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico--Business--History 1
- Notarial documents 1
- Notaries--New Mexico--Las Vegas 1
- Oral history--Archival resources 1
- Ordinances, Municipal -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Ortiz Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Politicians--New Mexico 1
- Probate Records -- New Mexico 1
- Probate law and practice --New Mexico 1
- Programs 1
- Prohibition -- New Mexico 1
- Public Schools -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Recipes -- New Mexico 1
- Religious institutions - New Mexico - Las Vegas 1
- Republican Party (New Mexico) 1 ∧ less
- English 17
- Undetermined 9
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1