Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Abstract Images include nineteenth century card mounted albumen prints of railroad and landscape views taken in the area around the Royal Gorge of the Arkansas River, Colorado.
Abstract 19th century photographs made in Brazil by some of the best- known photographers working there during that period: Marc Ferrez, George Leuzinger, and Albert Frisch (who took the first known photographs of Amazonian Indians).
Abstract Most of the photographs in this collection were taken by Alice Bullock and record the places she visited and wrote about and the people she met.
Abstract Album with mounted photographs. Photos apparently taken in South American countries other than Brazil. Includes residential buildings, family groups, horses and carriages, gauchos with cattle, and a landscape taken at Isla de Lobos - on the Atlantic coast of Uruguay - showing sea lions on a rocky seashore. There are many blank pages in album. Bound in green cloth with leather corners and spine; title "Amerique du Sud, 1886" in gilt on cover; marbled end papers.
Abstract Album contains photographs of Colorado and Utah landscapes.
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photographs (cyanotype prints) documenting the construction in 1881-1883 of the Atlantic and Pacific Railway, from Albuquerque, through Arizona, to Needles, Calif. In addition to scenes of railroad construction that include bridges, tracks, and campsites, there are many photographs shot in Albuquerque and the surrounding mountains, a number of these include picnics and outings.
Abstract The Cobb Memorial Photography Collection is consists of photographic prints made, for the most part, by The Cobbs Studio of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract The collection contains photographs and field sheets that document the anthropological and archaeological studies carried out in Mexico by pre-Columbianist Frederick Peterson as well as some lecture images and personal photographs of pre-Columbian sites and Indigenous communities.
Abstract Portraits of Gertrude Hill, colleagues, and patrons at work inside the History Library of the Museum of New Mexico, in Santa Fe. Also includes photographs of various landscapes and locales of historical interest around New Mexico.
Abstract This collection includes card-mounted albumen prints of Manitou Springs, Colorado and Garden of the Gods.
Identifier: PAC 020
Scope and Content Collections consists of original prints, with some duplicates, of New Mexico scenes, Pueblos and their inhabitants, Arizona, landscapes, and archaeological sites, most dating to 1879-1880. There are 50 duplicate prints in the collection, as many as four copies of some. All are albumen prints, stereoviews, many mounted on card stock, some printed with geologic survey graphics. There are also a number of prints used in the exhibition at the 1915 San Diego World Exposition.
Dates: 1872 - 1915; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract This collection contains papers and interviews created and collected by Alejandro López from the 1970s to 2021. The papers relate to education, resolana, and service-learning programs, while the ethnographic interviews focus on elders from Chimayo, Truchas, and other Nuevomexicano communities.
Dates: 1971 - 2021
Abstract One modern copy print (from a much earlier negative) of a Western valley in New Mexico with Mescalero Apache tepees on one side and tin-roofed cabins on the other
Dates: circa 1890-1900
Abstract This souvenir album from Mexico contains photographs of the best-known and most distinctive sights that a collector or traveler in the late nineteenth century might consider representative of that country. The photographs are well-composed and captioned in Spanish and English.
Abstract Collection consists of albumen prints on heavy paper mounts that include the name of the photographer and studio. Most images are of unusual rock formations.
Identifier: PAC 56
Scope and Content The collection consists of carte de visite photographs dating from the 1860s to the 1920s. The collection consists entirely of original prints. Images measure approximately 2.5 x 4 inches (or the inverse). Most are albumen prints mounted on cards bearing imprints of the photographers either on the front margin or on the back. Hand-colored prints, collodion prints, gem miniatures, and enameled prints in CdV size are also represented. Primary subjects are portraits of individuals and...
Dates: 1860 - 1920; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The bulk of the collection is made up of material related to the Navajo Indians. It documents Navajo people, reservations, and various projects and programs related to education, health, industrial and resource development, and construction.
Abstract Photographs of the Florida and Philadelphia plantations in Chiapas, Mexico; trip along the Lumija and Tulija Rivers by steamboat to the plantations where tropical crops--rubber, pineapple, vanilla, and bananas-- were grown.
Abstract This collection contains various western landscape photographs, mainly of rivers and rock formations.
Scope and Content This collection is comprised primarily of Vroman’s documentation of Pueblo mission churches, although there are some additional southwestern images.
Dates: 1895 - 1904
Abstract This album contains well-composed and preserved platinum prints. The first photo is a montage of individual portraits of Brazilian President Nilo Peçanha and his cabinet members. This is followed by a series of photographs of governmental and public buildings, city views, parks, gardens, and lastly the surrounding forest park of Tijuca.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs from William Egbert Schenck’s 1921 road trip through Indian country and the Southwest.
- Subject: Landscape photographs X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 19
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 3
- Landscape photographs 17
- Albumen prints 9
- Cityscape photographs 7
- Photographs 7
- Photograph albums 5
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Collotypes 2
- Group portraits 2
- Hotels -- Colorado 2
- Indians of North America - Southwest 2
- Landscape photographs -- West (U.S.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Native American Life 2
- Navajo Indian Reservation -- Pictorial works 2
- Panoramic photographs 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Stereographs 2
- Tourism -- Colorado 2
- Waterfalls -- Brazil -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- African Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico -- Chiapas -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Amazon River Region -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Amazonas (Brazil) -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Anthropologists -- Pictorial works 1
- Apache Indians -- Photographs 1
- Archaeologic expeditions -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology - Southwest 1
- Archaeology -- Arizona -- Antiquities -- Pictorial works 1
- Architectural photography -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Latin America -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Argentina -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Arkansas River 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- Pictorial works 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Beaches -- Brazil -- Pictorial works 1
- Bird's-eye views 1
- Botanical gardens -- Brazil -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Botanical gardens -- Brazil -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Brazil -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Bullfights -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cactus -- New Mexico -- Grant County 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cannibalism -- Brazil -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Carte de visite photographs 1
- Cattle -- Marking -- Pictorial works 1
- Chiapas (Mexico) 1
- Church buildings -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life -- Latin America -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life -- Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life -- Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cityscapes -- Colorado -- Manitou Springs 1
- Clinics -- Arizona -- Many Farms -- Pictorial works 1
- Color separation negatives 1
- Colorado 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cyanotypes 1
- Dams -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Decorative arts, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Driving horses -- Latin America -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Education in New Mexico 1
- Elections -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Ethnographic photographs 1
- Film negatives 1
- Folk music--New Mexico 1
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Pictorial works 1
- Garden of the Gods (Colorado Springs, Colo.) 1
- Gauchos -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Grant County (N.M.) 1
- Harbors -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Hopi Indian Reservation (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Hopi women -- Pictorial works 1
- Hot Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Hot springs -- Colorado 1
- Hotels -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hualapai Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Indian agents -- Pictorial works 1
- Indian art -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Indian arts -- North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Indian children -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Dwellings -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- English 18
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- French 2
- Portuguese 2
- Ferrez, Marc, 1843-1923 2
- Adair, John, 1913-1997 1
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 1
- Briquet, Abel 1
- Hillers, John K., 1843-1925 1