Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 51
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Identifier: AC 070-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of material related to Dyer's involvement in the Taos Revolt.
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 112-P
Scope and Content One journal kept by Hull on a 1908 trip he made to New Mexico from Georgia to visit his daughter May and her husband Judge William Pope. Pope became the first Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court under statehood in 1912. The trip lasted two months and included visits to Roswell, Santa Fe, Cloudcroft, the Slaughter Ranch, the Diamond A Ranch, the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and Tesuque Pueblo. Various parts of the journey were made by train, automobile, and horse and wagon. The...
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 574
Scope and Content Collection contains material associated with a 1976 trail ride commemorating the original 1776 Dominguez y Escalante Expedition trail through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. This material documents the preliminaries and life on the trail through diaries, journals, and newspapers.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: MSS -221 -SC
Scope and Content The collection consists of one diary which covers 8 months of E. Meek's life in Raton, N. M., 1892-1893. The entries include daily observations on the local weather, railroad trains coming into the depot, train destinations, co-workers, train wrecks, strikes and, train orders. Meek records town shootings, thefts, local fights, and the arrival of the Circuit Court. The diary has many entries about boxing, both professional and his own amateur endeavors. He writes of gambling at the Crystal...
Dates: 1892 May 27 - 1983 Jan. 28
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: MSS 233 BC
Abstract This collection comprises two leather-bound ledgers of Dr. Finis Ewing Kavanaugh, merchant, sutler and physician attached to military posts at Fort Fauntleroy/Fort Lyon and Cubero, New Mexico.
Abstract This collection documents the life and career of anthropologist, Frances Léon Quintana, in the Southwest, mainly between 1960 and 1999. The collection consists of published and unpublished works, field notes, lecture notes, project proposals and reports, general and project correspondence, biographical and job-related materials, political petitions, statements, testimonies, and some news clippings.
Dates: 1705-2012; Majority of material found within 1960-1999
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Abstract Personal journals, sketchbooks, gallery and exhibition catalogs/publicity, records of sales and donations, and photographic materials constitute the bulk of the collection, which documents Harry Nadler’s career as an artist.
Dates: 1930-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-1990
Abstract The journal/diary describes a U.S. surveying expedition to the Pacific Ocean, with entries recording observations about the seas, weather, marine life, birds, vegetation, natives, living conditions, etc., 1872-1875. Loose pages of another travel diary record Bayer's observations on a trip via steamer, leaving from NYC on September 5, 1879 and arriving in Pará, Brazil on Sept. 18, 1879.
Dates: 1872-1879; Majority of material found within 1872-1875
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of business records of the Historical Society of New Mexico and a broad range of historical documents. The business records include annual and biennial reports, and vouchers for the purchase of materials by the Historical Society of New Mexico. Most of the historical documents relate to political, military, and religious matters in New Mexico from the seventeenth to twentieth centuries. Includes an 1822 judgement by Cabildo president Manuel Baca quieting title to...
Dates: 1685-1930 (bulk 1830-1920)
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: AC 545
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven diaries of Iretus Darrel Johnson (1904-1993), a dentist in Clovis, New Mexico, for the years 1941-1947 and various family items. Also included are three photocopies of his father’s (1868-) memories of Clovis in the early 20th Century, plus one photocopy of family memories of his grandfather Moses (1830-1896) and his father, I.C. Johnson, in Illinois and Iowa in the 1800’s.
Identifier: AC 232-P
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials written by Ivah and Faye Schumaker of New Mexico. Includes a notebook with several separate sections of journal entries by either Ivah or Faye Schumaker describing various trips such as a 1914 camping trip to the Black Range in southwest New Mexico, a 1915 train trip to the Grand Canyon, and a 1922 train trip to New Orleans. Also within the collection are poems written by the Schumakers and a few newspaper clippings of poetry.
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Abstract Beginning in 1900, Joaquín Díaz Calerón (JDC) writes about his life in the towns of Tlaxcala and Puebla until 1946.
- Subject: Diaries X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 27
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 13
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Diaries 50
- Clippings 13
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 10
- Account books 9
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 9
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 8
- Scrapbooks 6
- Letters 5
- Photographs 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 5
- Correspondence 4
- Manuscripts 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Wills 4
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 3
- Colorado--Description and travel 3
- Europe--Description and travel 3
- Genealogy 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Poems 3
- Publications 3
- Pueblo Indians 3
- Reports 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe Trail 3
- Translations 3
- Alabados 2
- Americans --Mexico 2
- Annual reports 2
- Arizona--Description and travel 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Conveyances 2
- Decrees 2
- Ephemera 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 2
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.)--Description and travel 2
- Legal documents 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Oral histories 2
- Petitions 2
- Pueblo Revolt, 1680 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Address books 1
- Addresses 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Airman Mortensen 1
- Albums 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Apache Indians--History--19th century 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American--Southwestern States 1
- Baja California (Mexico : Peninsula) -- Exploration and discovery 1
- Bilingualism 1
- Black Range (N.M.) -- Travel 1
- Boxing-- New Mexico-- Raton 1
- Broadsides 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- By-laws 1
- Caribbean Area--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Catholic Church -- Italy -- Diaries 1
- Catholic Church -- Italy -- Early works to 1800 1
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Spanish 1
- Catron County (N.M.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Certificates 1
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Cloudcroft (N.M.) -- Travel 1
- Clovis (N.M.) -- Biography 1
- Clovis (N.M.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Clovis (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Coconino National Forest (Ariz.) 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1 ∧ less
- English 46
- Undetermined 31
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 3
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Allison, J. H. (John Howard) 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Tireman, L. S. (Loyd Spencer), 1896-1959 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1 ∧ less