Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 58
Abstract Photographs and text about Acoma Pueblo.
Abstract This collection contains construction and working drawings from projects created by Arthur Dekker from 1959 to 1970. These projects mainly document buildings constructed in the State of New Mexico, many of which were located in Albuquerque. Many of these structures were located along historic Route 66 and the surrounding area.
Abstract The collection contains photographs which document the 1938 trip of Ohio residents Arthur T. Martin and his wife to Colorado and New Mexico.
Scope and Content The collection consists of architectural plans for over 200 historic buildings located in New Mexico. The buildings were researched, measured, and the plans drawn by Bunting's students at the University of New Mexico Department of Architecture, 1965-1979. Drawings include floor plans, elevations, site plans and details of structures such as churches, chapels, moradas, houses, schools, stores, hotels, and railroad buildings. Included are examples of architecture from the Spanish colonial,...
Scope and Content Aerial View of Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. Part of the Bainbridge Bunting Papers Pictorial Collection PICT 000-385-0312-0316 (Box 1, Folder 23). This collection focuses on historic buildings and architecture in New Mexico. There is a significant component of the collection that relates to the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and nominations of buildings to the National Register of Historic Places. Student research and research papers, class...
Dates: 1849-1981; Majority of material found in 1964-1979
Scope and Content John G. Meem presenting the deed to El Santuario de Chimayo to Archbishop Daeger (with Mary Austin leaning over table and Frank Applegate far right). Part of the Beatrice Chauvenet Pictorial Collection (PICT 000-588). The Beatrice Chauvenet Papers contain manuscripts, correspondence, notes, articles, and clippings. The bulk of the collection pertains to her book, John Gaw Meem: Pioneer in Historic Preservation. This...
Abstract This collection contains 15 photographic prints from the personal files of Beatrice Chauvenet.
Abstract The Brittelle, Ginner and Associates Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains architectural drawings and plans, primarily of public buildings in Albuquerque and twelve other New Mexico cities. Drawings of residences and furniture are also in the collection.
Scope and Content The collection contains historical information about the Jose Felipe Castillo family. This includes photographs and documentation pertaining to both the original and rebuilt Castillo family houses and family chapel (Our Lady of Refuge). The original house contained an attached chapel, and was built in 1878 by Franciso Castillo y Pino, father of Jose Felipe Castillo in Sauzal, New Mexico, which is south of Belen and near Las Nutrias. The house was torn down in 1923, and a new house with a...
Abstract The collection documents the lives of members of the Castillo family of Sauzal, New Mexico (south of Belen, near Las Nutrias).
Identifier: PICT 000-866
Abstract The collection contains 3,800+ slide photographs compiled by author, educator, and landscape specialist John Brinckerhoff (J. B.) Jackson. Photographs includes those taken by Jackson himself as well as those produced by other photographers at Jackson's request. These slide photographs were donated by two former students of Jackson, Paul Groth, and Marc Treib, as well as Chris Wilson. Collection also includes a selection of prints.
Dates: 1940-1990; Majority of material found in 1960s-1980s
Identifier: PAC 031
Scope and Content Collection of approximately 230 images by D.B. Chase or his “operators”. Includes photographs of Santa Fe, Pueblo Indians and miscellaneous New Mexico scenes dated 1884 - 1892.
Dates: 1884 - 1892
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio...
Abstract This collection contains papers related to Edith Cherry and her firm, Cherry See Architects' historic preservation work in New Mexico, resources for and from courses in historic preservation, and materials related to Cultural Porperties Review Committee matters. The collection includes correspondence, historic preservation research papers, and preservation plans for buildings and districts.
Abstract This collection contains photographs and slides documenting the renovation and resulting archaeology of the Santuario de Guadalupe, an historic Catholic church in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 322
Scope and Content Collection consists of Edward McLean's handbound books, his estate papers, materials about him, a catalogue of books bound by him and of his rare book collection. Included are pamphlets and articles about churches, missions, St. Francis Cathedral, and architecture in New Mexico. There is also a 15th century Italian vellum illustrated manuscript.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract This collection primarily contains photographs of church construction, church interiors, church models, religious processions and ceremonies in New Mexico. Video includes images of the 1929 plane crash on Mt. Taylor, New Mexico, California missions, priests and school children in Gallup, New Mexico. Also included are zinc halftone blocks.
Dates: 1917-1983; Majority of material found within 1928-1942
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Frank Applegate and his family taken between 1906 and the 1950s, along with photographs of their homes and furnishings. Applegate collected some of the photos in this collection for inclusion in a book he planned to write on New Mexican architecture.
Abstract The Frank M. Standhardt Architectural Drawings and Plans Collection contains architectural drawings and plans for new construction, additions, renovations and interior architecture located in Hobbs, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Carrizozo, Roswell, Artesia, Tucumcari, Tatum, Estancia, Ft. Sumner, Capitan, Carlsbad, Ruidoso, Lincoln, Lovington, Clovis, Malaga, Radium Springs, Hagerman, Reserve, Cloudcroft, Portales, Cottonwood, Dexter, Laguna, and Grants New Mexico, Pasadena, California as well as...
Scope and Content The George Kubler papers consist of his unpublished masters thesis, a literary manuscript of a published work based on his dissertation, along with editorial notes and photographs. The Religious Architecture of New Mexico In the Colonial Period and Since the American Occupation was published in 1940 by the Taylor Museum of the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center. The manuscript is the original Kubler submitted for his Ph.D. dissertation. Of special interest are...
Abstract Collection consists of photographs of colonial churches in New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains George Clayton Pearl’s oversized drawings and artwork along with various personal and business records. The business files contain project information from his professional projects with SMPC Architects along with projects he undertook on his own. These projects deal mainly with historic preservation issues in New Mexico along with new projects he took on after retirement from SMPC Architects. Also included are personal correspondence materials, sketch books, paintings,...
Abstract This collection contains George Clayton Pearl’s personal and business records. The business files contain project information from his professional projects with SMPC Architects along with projects he undertook on his own. These projects deal mainly with historic preservation issues in New Mexico along with new projects he took on after retirement from SMPC Architects. Also included are personal correspondence materials, personal items, sketch books and photographs.
Dates: 1890-2003; Majority of material found within , 1950-2003
Abstract Photographs from the collection of California writer and promoter of the West, George Wharton James. Among these photographs of Native American subjects are views of Southwestern pueblos (Isleta, Laguna, Zuni, Hopi), feasts (St. Stephen's Day at Acoma) and ceremonies (Hopi Snake Dance), and various Navajo subjects (weaving, baskets, dwellings, death). Several photographs show interactions between Native American and Hispanic American or Anglo American peoples on feast days, at ceremonies, and...
Abstract The album contains postcards that appear to be souvenirs of travel.
- Subject: Church buildings -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 51
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 18
- Photographs 18
- Architecture -- New Mexico 9
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 9
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 9
- Architects 8
- Architecture--Designs and plans 8
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 7
- Architectural drawings 6
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Designs and plans 5
- Postcards 5
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 5
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico 4
- Acoma (N.M.) 3
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 3
- Drawing 3
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 3
- Territorial Style 3
- Acoma Indians 2
- Albumen prints 2
- Architectural drawing -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Southwest, New 2
- Building, Adobe -- New Mexico 2
- Buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Chelly, Canyon de (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Acoma 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Conservation and restoration 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- San Ildefonso -- Pictorial works 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico – Designs and plans 2
- Church buildings--New Mexico 2
- Cityscape photographs 2
- Clippings 2
- Dwellings -- New Mexico 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Grants (N.M.) 2
- Historic preservation--New Mexico 2
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwestern States -- Rites and ceremonies -- Pictorial works 2
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Letters 2
- Mesa Verde National Park (Colo.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Missions -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- New Mexico -- Buildings 2
- New Mexico -- Capital and capitol 2
- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Public buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Revival 2
- Pueblo architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 2
- Slides 2
- Spanish mission buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Stereographs 2
- Tourism -- Southwestern States -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- United States Highway 66 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- 1935 1
- Abiquiu (N.M.) – Pictorial works 1
- Abo (N.M.) -- 1910-1940 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- 1910-1950 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Acoma architecture 1
- Adobe buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Aircraft accidents -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamo (San Antonio, Tex.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1928-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1930-1960 1
- Alcalde (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algeria -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Allison, T. L. 1
- American fiction -- Indian authors 1
- American poetry -- Indian authors 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architects--New Mexico--Biography 1
- Architectural drawing -- Southwest, New 1
- Architectural drawing -- Southwest, New Mexico 1
- Architectural drawings -- New Mexico 1
- Architectural elements -- New Mexico -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture - New Mexico - Cimarron - Designs and plans 1
- Architecture - New Mexico - Las Vegas - Designs and plans 1
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1 ∧ less
- English 55
- Undetermined 8
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Historic American Buildings Survey 4
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 2
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 2
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 2
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 2
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- James, George Wharton, 1858-1923 1
- KiMo Theatre (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Maude, F. H. (Frederic Hamer) 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1 ∧ less