Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Abstract The Albuquerque Booksellers Coalition worked with the UNM Campus Community Coalition to oppose the building of the proposed University of New Mexico bookstore on Central Avenue. This collection includes student and community generated meeting agendas, minutes, flyers, announcements and clippings.
Abstract This collection contains board minutes, correspondence and program information for the Albuquerque Historical Society.
Dates: 1940-2008; Majority of material found within 1982-2002
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Abstract Collection consists of photographs documenting the life of Hispanic Americans living in the Barelas community in Albuquerque, N.M. in the years 1973-1974. Collection also contains other photos of Barelas neighborhood taken between 1880 and 1974.
Abstract This collection contains writings from and materials relating to the Chicano activist, Carlos Cansino. Cansino was active with the Los Duranes Community Improvement Association in Albuquerque and La Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, as well as Chicano organizing in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas.
Dates: 1966-2011 (bulk 1966-1970)
Abstract Collection consists of photographs of Cary Blair and others associated with the Heights Community Center in Albuquerque, N.M.
Scope and Content These papers relate to the University of New Mexico, education in New Mexico, and Hodgin's writings. Boxes 1 and 2 contain his addresses and talks, 1880-1930, including some of his essays for the Ten Dons. In box 3 there are songs, poems and articles by Hodgin including his book, Rhymes from New Mexico, published in 1933. A large portion of this collection concerning education in New Mexico includes class books (grades, attendance, etc.), 1887-1924; University...
Abstract The Cobb Memorial Photography Collection is consists of photographic prints made, for the most part, by The Cobbs Studio of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Abstract The Emma Moya collection documents the history and people of Old Town Albuquerque and the communities of Atrisco, Barelas, Los Duranes, Martineztown, and related neighborhoods. It also contains her study of Jewish traditions in New Mexico as well as some sketches of local people and places by Joel T. Ramirez.
Dates: 1854-2013; Majority of material found within 1970-1999
Scope and Content The Erna Fergusson Papers consist of personal papers, including journals, notebooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, and business and family records; literary and professional correspondence (correspondence is also found with related manuscript materials); lectures and travel notes; manuscript and published materials; research materials; and scrapbooks. Of particular interest are the research materials relevant to Albuquerque and New Mexico, particularly concerning individuals and families as well...
Abstract Partial hand written contemporaneous copy originals (10 leaves) of communications by Francisco Cuerbo y Valdes, Governor of New Mexico to Viceroy of New Spain in Mexico City related to affairs in New Mexico and particularly in Albuquerque.
Abstract This collection contains former Albuquerque mayor Harry Kinney's personal, family and political papers as well as some of his memorabilia. It also includes records for the organization Americans for Rational Energy Alternatives.
Identifier: MSS 194 BC
Scope and Content The Huning-Fergusson family papers primarily pertain to Clara Huning Fergusson (Box 1), Harvey Butler Fergusson (Box 2), and Franz Huning (Box 3). Correspondence, diaries, manuscripts, news clippings, legal documents, tax receipts, genealogical information, and memorabilia make up the bulk of this collection. Clara Huning Fergusson's materials include 2 editions of her memoirs relating to her family and Albuquerque history; a small amount of personal correspondence; and varied items...
Dates: 1812-1950; Majority of material found in 1861-1911
Abstract This collection contains the diary and miscellaneous personal telegrams of James S. Wroth, Albuquerque mining engineer.
Scope and Content In addition to a number of small pocket sketchbooks, the collection includes three folders of original watercolor drawings for Mr. Balcomb's "Schetsboek," a humorous memoir of a 1954 trip through Europe. Katherine J. Balcomb, wife of Kenneth C., contributed the handwritten receipts for sales of slaves, the cotton inventories, a South Carolina Railroad Company receipt and a handbill advertising the "Fair of the Carolinas." The Balcomb collection consists of one box. The...
Identifier: AC 135-P
Scope and Content Receipts and legal documents involving various members of the Lobato Family of Albuquerque.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Identifier: MSS -225 -BC
Abstract The Margaret Kent Medler collection contains a scrapbook of newspaper clippings and other items pertaining to Medler's social life in Albuquerque, New Mexico, between 1894-1918. Two almanacs inserted in the scrapbook are dated 1881-1882.
Identifier: MSS -263-BC
Abstract The Michael J. McGuinness scrapbook contains newspaper clippings and various materials related to the McGuinness family and St. Mary's School in Albuquerque, N.M., where Michael McGuinness went to High School.
Abstract The Michael Welsh collection contains unpublished chapters from his unfinished history of the University of New Mexico.
Abstract The collection contains research materials compiled by William E. Davis for Miracle on the Mesa, a book about the history of the University of New Mexico.
Scope and Content This is an ongoing collection of materials assembled by the University of New Mexico, University Libraries. The collection represents a merger between the Albuquerque History and the New Mexico History collections. New Mexico history is the only unifying theme between the discrete items in this eclectic collection. Subjects include documentation of businesses, politics and government, civic groups, events, and individuals including Roy Stamm and William Smith Burke. Directories, news clippings,...
Abstract This collection contains photographs for the book by Robert Kern titled Labor in New Mexico.
Abstract The Italians in Albuquerque Pictorial Collection is made up of reproductions of photographs, posters and postcards pertaining to the lives of Italian immigrants and their families residing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Items cover the time period from the late 1880s to the 1970s, focusing on Italian-American businesses, family life, and community in Albuquerque. The items in this collection were included in the 2002 book, Italians in Albuquerque, by Nicholas P....
- Subject: Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 38
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 23
- Clippings 7
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 6
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 5
- Photographs 5
- Oral histories 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 3
- Correspondence 3
- Deeds 3
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Atrisco (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation 2
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Case studies 2
- Estate records 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 2
- Housing policy -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation 2
- Housing rehabilitation -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Los Duranes (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Map 2
- Martineztown (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- Nob Hill District (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Old Town (Albuquerque, N.M.) 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Posters 2
- Urban renewal -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation 2
- Urban renewal -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque --Case studies 2
- Advertising -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- African Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Agendas (administrative records) 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Church history 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Directories 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Anecdotes 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Arizona--History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Atlantic and Pacific Railway papers 1
- Atrisco Albuquerque, N.M. -- Social life and customs 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bands (Music) -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- History 1
- Banks and banking New Mexico Albuquerque 1
- Barelas (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Barelas (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Bookstores -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Business -- New Mexico 1
- Business and politics Chihuahua (Mexico) 1
- Business and politics New Mexico Albuquerque 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico – Albuquerque 1
- Business--New Mexico 1
- Calendar reform 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Castle Huning (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Certificates 1
- Chicano movement--New Mexico 1
- Chile--Description and travel 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Cityscapes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- College campuses--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Community centers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Community life -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- History -- 20th century 1
- Continental Divide Wilderness (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Contracts 1
- Conveyances 1
- Cookery, American 1
- Cuba--Description and travel 1
- Dance parties -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Demonstrations -- New Mexico -- 1989 1
- Diary of Ernestine Huning 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Draft -- United States 1
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education, Higher - - New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 40
- Undetermined 10
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 1
- Andrés, Benny J., Jr. (Benny Joseph) 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Birdsong, Ormand J., 1919-1999 1
- Cobb Studio 1
- Davis, William E. (William Eugene), 1929- 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- KiMo Theatre (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- University of New Mexico. Police Department 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Wroth, James S (James Stewart), 1885- 1 ∧ less