Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 144
Identifier: MSS 192 SC
Scope and Content The bulk of the collection includes receipts for goods purchased by A. Trossello during the period 1906-1916. It also includes limited correspondence concerning the business, particularly letters seeking payment on past due accounts. The collection also contains 15 poems found at Trossello's address in a trunk that belonged to C. O. Young. The poems are both typewritten and holographic and both signed and unsigned; the signed poems are only signed "Barney". One of the poems has a...
Abstract Material collected for Vogel's publication, Barelas, Arenal, and Los Lunas: a photographic essay on poverty in New Mexico, 1967.
Scope and Content This collection of portraits (on cabinet, boudoir and some larger card stock) of local dignitaries, politicians and people of note were all produced in the Albright Art Parlors studio in Santa Fe and Albuquerque between 1880 and 1912 by resident operators. These portraits offer a glimpse into the people and styles current in Albuquerque during this period of time.
Dates: 1880 - 1912
Abstract Two large-scale aerial views of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Abstract Collection of material pertaining to the recreational development and conservation of Albuquerque area open space.
Abstract This collection pertains to Albuquerque's observance of the Diamond Jubilee (75th anniversary) of New Mexico Statehood, and the Bicentennial of the signing of the United States Constitution, both which occurred in 1987. Materials in this collection include municipal, state, and federal bills, correspondence, meeting minutes and agendas for the Albuquerque Bicentennial/Diamond Jubilee Committee, reports, handbills, press releases, news clippings, ephemera, and other documents.
Abstract The Albuquerque Booksellers Coalition worked with the UNM Campus Community Coalition to oppose the building of the proposed University of New Mexico bookstore on Central Avenue. This collection includes student and community generated meeting agendas, minutes, flyers, announcements and clippings.
Abstract This collection contains an album with partially identified snapshots of building construction sites from 1919 to 1923. Most of the images are of the construction of the Santa Fe Railroad Car Repair Shop in Albuquerque. Also included are photos of people, landscape, and pueblos in the area around Albuquerque dating to the early 1920’s.
Scope and Content The collection is comprised of three ledger books dated, 1882-1903, 1901-1908, and 1908-1911. The first known gas manufacturing franchise issued to a private citizen in New Mexico was obtained in 1882 by Mr. A.A. Grant, a local civic leader and businessman. These ledgers begin as the Albuquerque Gas Company was incorporated on May 11, 1882. The company's operations were quite successful during it's early years, in producing not only manufactured gas but also pitch, tar and coke. These...
Abstract Photograph of Central School in Albuquerque and three portraits.
Dates: circa 1900
Abstract This collection contains board minutes, correspondence and program information for the Albuquerque Historical Society.
Dates: 1940-2008; Majority of material found within 1982-2002
Abstract Includes two black & white mounted aerial photographs showing the Interstate highway interchange in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract The Albuquerque Photograph Collection is comprised of photographic prints, negatives, and postcards, depicting Albuquerque locations, landmarks, persons, and events.
Dates: 1881-1986; Majority of material found within 1900s, 1920s, 1950s, 1960s
Abstract This collection is comprised of contemporary digital photographs of Route 66 buildings and roadscapes in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains interior views of the Alvarado Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1900-1968
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Identifier: PICT 000-954
Abstract The collection documents the activism and unrest of the 1960s-early 1970s in New Mexico, which largely reflects the national climate at the time.
Dates: 1967-2016; Majority of material found within 1967-1973
Identifier: AC 004
Scope and Content Antonio Armijo's ledger contains the dry goods accounts for various people, 1899-1902. Each entry gives the person's name, items purchased, amount owed, and when the account was paid. Also inlcuded is an alphabetical index by surname. The ledger book is in Spanish.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photographs (cyanotype prints) documenting the construction in 1881-1883 of the Atlantic and Pacific Railway, from Albuquerque, through Arizona, to Needles, Calif. In addition to scenes of railroad construction that include bridges, tracks, and campsites, there are many photographs shot in Albuquerque and the surrounding mountains, a number of these include picnics and outings.
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Scope and Content Aerial View of Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico. Part of the Bainbridge Bunting Papers Pictorial Collection PICT 000-385-0312-0316 (Box 1, Folder 23). This collection focuses on historic buildings and architecture in New Mexico. There is a significant component of the collection that relates to the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and nominations of buildings to the National Register of Historic Places. Student research and research papers, class...
Dates: 1849-1981; Majority of material found in 1964-1979
Abstract This collection contains photographs of various locales, primarily in New Mexico. Most images are of buildings and architectural details of buildings in small towns, cities, and the pueblos of New Mexico.
Abstract Collection consists of photographs documenting the life of Hispanic Americans living in the Barelas community in Albuquerque, N.M. in the years 1973-1974. Collection also contains other photos of Barelas neighborhood taken between 1880 and 1974.
Scope and Content Family in Barelas. Part of the Barelas Community Project Pictorial Collection PICT 000-315 (Box 1, Folder 7). This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
- Subject: Albuquerque (N.M.) X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 126
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 4
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 3
- New Mexico Highlands University 1 ∧ less
- Photographs 38
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 23
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 23
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 19
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 12
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 11
- Clippings 10
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 8
- Photograph albums 8
- Postcards 8
- Oral histories 7
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 6
- Correspondence 6
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 5
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 5
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 5
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Architecture 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 4
- Architecture -- New Mexico 4
- Deeds 4
- Land grants -- New Mexico 4
- Letters 4
- Map 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- Negatives (Photographs) 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- Photographic prints 4
- Pictorial works 4
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Account books 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Aerial photographs -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Albumen prints 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Commerce 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 3
- Architects 3
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Cabinet photographs 3
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- Newsletters 3
- Old Town (Albuquerque, N.M.) 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Schools -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Aerial photographs 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Business 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 2
- Architectural drawings 2
- Architecture--Designs and plans 2
- Atrisco (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Barelas (Albuquerque, N.M.) 2
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 2
- Building, Adobe -- New Mexico 2
- Building, Adobe -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation 2
- Cityscapes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Commercial buildings -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 2
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Community development, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Case studies 2
- Community organization -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Contracts 2
- Digital images 2
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Estate records 2
- Ethnic neighborhoods 2
- Family papers 2
- Farmington (N.M.) 2
- Ganado (Ariz.) 2
- Hispanic Americans -- Dwellings 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 2
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico 2
- Hotels -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 2
- Housing policy -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Citizen participation 2
- Housing rehabilitation -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Isleta Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Italian Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Jemez Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Landscapes (Representations) 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 2
- Los Alamos (N.M.) 2
- Los Duranes (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Los Padillas (N.M.) 2
- Madrid (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Martineztown (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2 ∧ less
- English 137
- Undetermined 28
- Spanish; Castilian 13
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Historic American Buildings Survey 3
- Tingley, Clyde 3
- University of New Mexico. Students 3
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Wroth, James S (James Stewart), 1885- 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990 1
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Adler, Eleanor Lydia, 1909-1993 1
- Adler, Stuart Welsh, 1892-1987 1
- Albright Art Parlors (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Anderson, Robert O., 1917-2007 1
- Andrés, Benny J., Jr. (Benny Joseph) 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bataan Memorial Methodist Hospital (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Birdsong, Ormand J., 1919-1999 1
- Brown, W. Calvin 1
- Caplin, Harvey, 1914-1984 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Cobb Studio 1
- Davis, William E. (William Eugene), 1929- 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Derbyshire, Robert C. (Robert Cushing), 1910- 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- KiMo Theatre (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lovelace, W. Randolph, II (William Randolph), 1907-1965 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Slawson, Alfred Charles , 1920-1987 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- University of New Mexico. Police Department 1
- Woman's Club of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1 ∧ less