Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Alfred Vincent (A.V.) Kidder (1885-1963) was a well-known archaeologist working in the American Southwest. Kidder was active in the establishment of the Laboratory of Anthropology, Inc. and served as chairman of the board until 1935. The collection contains correspondence of A.V. Kidder during 1926-1935, covering a range of his activities and archaeological interests in the Southwest.
Identifier: AC 06
Abstract Papers include correspondence re the Laboratory of Anthropology, Inc., 1927-1949.
Dates: 1927-1962; 1927-1949; Majority of material found in 1927-1949
Abstract The papers of J. O. Seth (1883-1963) and his son Oliver Seth (1915-1996), both of whom served on the Managing Board and the Executive Committee of the School of American Research.
Scope and Content The Mary Bryan Forsyth Collection includes correspondence with and about Mari Sandoz, materials concerning Forsyth’s interests and concerns about American Indian history and culture, her unpublished book, "Gift from the American Indian," and her sculpture.
Abstract Parker Wilson (1905-1984) was the son of Francis C. Wilson (attorney for Martha and Elizabeth White). Parker Wilson was a board member of the School of American Research (SAR) and his papers include correspondence regarding the School from 1952-1971. Also included is a report on the Navajo Dam project by the National Park Service. There is also a folder of materials pertaining to the Laboratory of Anthropology, Inc., 1961-1963, especially financial accounts.
Dates: 1952-1984; Majority of material found in 1952-1971
- Repository: School for Advanced Research X
- Navajo Dam archeaological project 1
- English 4
- Undetermined 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 4
- Albright, Horace M. (Horace Marden), 1890-1987 3
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 3
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- White, Elizabeth, 1878-1972 3
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 2
- Zimmerman, James Fulton, 1887-1944 2
- Amsden, Charles Avery, 1899-1941 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Appleget, Thomas B. (Thomas Baird), 1893-1982 1
- Archaeological Society of New Mexico 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Dutton, Bertha P. (Bertha Pauline), 1903-1994 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Van Soelen, Theodore, 1890-1964 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1 ∧ less