Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 458
Abstract Business, professional and personal papers of Abelicio Marquez Peña, New Mexico sheep rancher, politician, foreign diplomat, writer and alumnus of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (New Mexico State University).
Dates: 1894-2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Records of [La] Acequia de Nuestra Senora de Belen (also referred to as Belen Ditch), Valencia County, from 1912-1963. Includes financial and employment records, correspondence, election ballots, legal papers, minutes, newspaper clippings, journals, ledgers and receipt books.
Abstract New Mexico author and rancher. The collection includes family correspondence, general correspondence, personal files, literary files, political files, publications, and photographs. Also included are a partial manuscript of No Life for a Lady and a complete manuscript of Satan's Paradise.
Abstract Four pictures which include 3 photographs of Arizona and a photograph of Ben Lilly.
Dates: ca. 1890s
Abstract Photocopies and microfilm of the records of an Otero County, New Mexico, land development company organized in April 1898 by William A. Hawkins, John A. Eddy, and others. Collection includes articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes and related materials through 1996. The photocopies and microfilmed records contain partial duplication
Abstract New Mexico lawyer, rancher, and politician. Political and personal correspondence, papers, reports, press clippings relating to Fall’s public career as a Senator, and United States Secretary of the Interior. This includes his role in United States Naval petroleum reserves (known as the Teapot Dome Scandal), and his subsequent prosecution and trial. Includes material relating to Fall’s Mexican mineral interests, and politics during World War I. Also included are materials created and received...
Abstract Papers of Albert Curry which contains photographs of New Mexico Agricultural College, now New Mexico State University, and information of the Mesilla Valley Audubon Society.
Dates: 1916 - 1980
Abstract Prisoner of War of the Japanese in the Philippines during World War II. Includes Correspondence, Government Bulletins, and Newspaper Clippings relating to Chase’s P.O.W. internment and death aboard a prison ship torpedoed by U.S. forces; also includes Correspondence and Legal Documents settling his estate and military claims.
Abstract Includes correspondence between Colonel Allison F. H. Scott, a retired Las Cruces Army officer, and prominent figures of the time regarding anti-Communist activities. Among the significant correspondents are J. Edgar Hoover, George Bush, Howard Flieger (the editor of the U.S. News and World Report), Senators John Tower and Strom Thurmond and Congressman James M. Collins. The collection also includes a planning folder for a 1976 Rotary Club banquet honoring General Hugh Milton.
Abstract Records of a Las Cruces ladies service club. Includes correspondence, financial records, minutes, newsletters, scrapbooks and clippings and organizational material which contains by-laws, binders, mailing lists, membership card, seals and lists, President's reports, manuals and workshops, yearbook and information from Altrusa International and District Ten.
Abstract Papers of the Amador family, entrepreneurs and community leaders of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Included in the collection are the personal papers of Martin Amador, Refugio Ruiz de Amador, their children, Emilia Amador de Garcia, Juan Amador, Francisco Amador, Martin A. Amador, Jr., Maria Amador de Daguerre, Clotilde Amador de Terrazas, Julieta Amador de Garcia, and Corina Amador de Campbell, and sons in law, Jesus Garcia and Antonio Terrazas. The papers include correspondence, financial, and legal...
Abstract Records from the New Mexico State University chapter of the American Association of University Professors which includes membership lists, constitutions, resolutions, and general information about the organization.
Dates: 1937 - 2019
Abstract Postcard album of the American Students of the Ecole des Beaux Arts.
Abstract Genealogical chart of the Anastasio Apodaca family, compiled by Emilio H. Apodaca of Socorro, New Mexico. The family is directly descended from the Spanish colonizers who founded Socorro, Texas in 1681.
Abstract Rio Hondo Valley cattleman and landowner. Includes personal and business correspondence from 1883-1886, including disputes over land with local businessmen and the New Mexico Public Land Office located in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Correspondents include New Mexico Public Land Office, Bloom Cattle Company, F.G. Bloom, John A. Thatcher, M.D. Thatcher, and G.G. Banbes. John A. Thatcher served as the company’s president, M.D. Thatcher acted as secretary/treasurer, and W.E. Anderson was Vice...
Abstract New Mexico teacher of Native American and Latin American children, and award-winning author. Comprised of the original manuscript, carbon copy, and galley proofs of her adult non-fiction book, Journey to the People (Viking, 1969).
Abstract Daughter of early New Mexico businessman, who became a prominent business woman in El Paso, Texas. Materials include personal and business correspondence and financial records. Collection also contains materials pertaining to Bucher's parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Abstract Minutes of the Arizona, New Mexico, and Southwest synods of the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A., and the United Presbyterian Church, U.S.A., and minutes of the Arizona Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. Microfilm positives.
Abstract The family papers include personal, business and legal documents primarily concerning Nestor Armijo’s involvement in mercantile and ranching interests during the mid-1800s in southern New Mexico. The bulk of the papers document how the Armijo family used their social and cultural experiences to their advantage, in which they became a well-known family of territorial New Mexico. In addition, a vast amount of material pertains to the Armijo house, which is on the National Register of Historic...
Abstract Photographs from a former chemistry professor at New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts who took pictures of Las Cruces and Mescalero Apaches circa 1800s.
Dates: 1892 - 1903
Abstract Manuscripts from a publisher and bookseller whose focus is primarily the American frontier.
Dates: ca. 1820-1977
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad's Agricultural Department in Amarillo Texas, including agricultural research and promotional programs, correspondence, and business records. The collections has been minimally processed and is kept in the file order assigned by the company. Photographs were separated and are filed under the original accession number RG84-114.
Dates: 1916-1950; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Personal and professional papers of August Holver Hilton from 1885-1934.
- Repository: New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections X
- Photographs 37
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 33
- Letters 29
- Business records 9
- Scrapbooks 9
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces -- History 8
- Ranching 6
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Family-owned business enterprises--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 5
- Merchants 5
- Mining 5
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 5
- Women – New Mexico – Las Cruces – History – Sources 5
- Account books 4
- Correspondence 4
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.)—History—Sources. 4
- Military 4
- Otero County, New Mexico 4
- Ranchers--New Mexico 4
- Water use -- New Mexico 4
- Writer 4
- Canutillo (Tex.) -- History 3
- Chloride (N.M.) -- History 3
- Cloudcroft, (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 3
- Diaries 3
- Faithists--Research. 3
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Social life 3
- Leadership in women – New Mexico – History – Sources. 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico Legislature 3
- New Mexico State University--Photographs 3
- New Mexico--History 3
- Religion 3
- Social service – New Mexico – History – Sources. 3
- Societies and clubs - History - Sources 3
- White Sands Missile Range 3
- Women's rights 3
- Women—New Mexico—Las Cruces—History—Sources 3
- American literature 2
- Associations, institution, etc.—New Mexico—History—Sources. 2
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 2
- Astronomy 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 2
- Authors--New Mexico 2
- California -- Photographs 2
- Candelario Mine (N.M.) 2
- Casad family 2
- Cattle and sheep ranching 2
- Civil rights 2
- Cleaveland, Norman. 2
- Clippings 2
- Community activists 2
- Courtship 2
- Cunningham Mine (N.M.) 2
- Dance--Anthropological aspects 2
- Dance--Social aspects 2
- Deeds 2
- El Paso (Tex.) -- History -- Pictorial works 2
- Faithists. 2
- Fall, Albert B. 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 2
- General stores--New Mexico--Roswell--History--Sources 2
- History societies, etc--New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America 2
- Jews--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 2
- Journalism--New Mexico--History--Sources 2
- Land development. 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Maps 2
- Las Cruces Sun-News 2
- Las Cruces--Newspapers 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 2
- Legal documents 2
- Lilly, Ben, 1856-1936. 2
- Love-letters 2
- Magdalena (N.M.) -- History 2
- Mammoth Lode (N.M.) 2
- Matachines (Dance) 2
- Mexican-American border region 2
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 2
- Mexico – History – Pictorial works. 2
- Military camps--New Mexico--Photographs 2
- Mora Grant (N.M.) 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts 2
- New Mexico State University--History--Sources 2
- Newbrough, John Ballou, 1828-1891. Oahspe. 2
- Nonprofit organizations 2
- Oral histories 2
- Ortiz Mine Grant (N.M.) 2
- Photographs--United states--Southwest region 2
- Photography 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 2
- Ranchers New Mexico 2
- Roswell (N.M.) - History 2
- Santa Rita, (N.M.) – History – Sources. 2
- Silver City (N.M.) 2
- Taos (N.M.) 2
- Theater 2 ∧ less
- English 446
- Undetermined 98
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- French 3
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 2
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 2
- Acequia de Nuestra Señora de Belén 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Cleaveland, Agnes Morley, 1874-1958 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Dona Ana County Rockhound Club Inc. 1
- Foster, Bennett 1
- New Mexico Cattle Growers Association 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Thwaits, Irma Nell 1
- Vasquez, Josephine 1
- Wilson, Keith, 1927-2009 1
- Zohn, Hershel 1 ∧ less