Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 26
Scope and Contents note IAIA-MS-023, The Charles Dailey Papers consists of correspondence, printed matter, meeting minutes, budgets, reports, and other materials [7 cu. ft] related to the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) Museum and Museum Studies academic program, 1973-2008 [1973-1995, bulk]. As the director of the museum and the head of the museum studies department, Dailey's collection covers the day-to-day activities of his work, including detailed monthy and annual reports for the museum, planning...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1973-1995; 1973-2008
Abstract The Dave Warren Papers consist of four manuscript cases (2 cu. ft) of records related to his professional career as a historian, anthropologist, educator, education administrator, and expert on cultural affairs of American Indians, 1965-2002 [1968-1996, Bulk].
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1968-1996; 1962-2002
Abstract The George A. Boyce Papers, donated by George A. Boyce Jr., consist of photocopies of correspondence, notes, and a manuscript related to Dr. George A. Boyce and his role in the founding of the Institute of American Indian Arts by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Dates: 1961-2008; Majority of material found in 1961-c. 1976
Scope and Content Note The IAIA 40th Anniversary VHS Collection consists of 28 VHS tapes. The tapes are related to MS 018, and are VHS dubs of the original material held in that collection. The subject matter is related to the history of IAIA, told through personal interviews and events.
Abstract RG-04, IAIA Banners consists of 63 vinyl exhibit banners used by the IAIA Museum.
Dates: 1992-2007; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract IAIA Images, Series I-Prints, consists of prints related to the history of the Institute of American Indian Arts between the years of 1961 to Present.
Dates: 1961-Present; Majority of material found in 1962-Present
Abstract Sub Group 10, 1970 of RG-01, IAIA Records consists of materials originating from the Institute of American Indian Arts during the year of 1970.
Dates: 1970; Majority of material found in 1970
Abstract IAIA Records, 1961 consists of reports and public relations materials related to the activities of IAIA during the year 1961.
Dates: 1961; Majority of material found in 1961
Abstract The Institute of American Indian Arts Oral History collection consists of digital audio recordings, digital video recordings, transcripts, and associated documents related to interviews conducted since 2007. The content of the interviews is related to the history and background of the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Dates: 1962-Present; Majority of material found in 1962-Present
Abstract IAIA-MS-25, The James Luna Archive consists of 50 manuscript cases (25 cu. ft) of correspondence, printed matter, scripts, notes, journals, datebooks, audio-visual materials, ephemera, photographs, and oversize items related to the art career of performance and installation artist James Luna, 1969-2010 (1982-2010, Bulk).
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1982-2010; 1969-2013
Abstract The Juanita Barry Papers consist of correspondence, postcards, a poster, an audio recording, and photographs related to her time at IAIA as Instructor of Dance.
Dates: 1992-2002; Majority of material found in 1992-2000
Abstract The Laura Gilpin Photograph Collection consists of various prints and postcards of southwestern and American Indian themes, Southwestern pottery, and IAIA student artwork.
Dates: 1925-1964; Majority of material found in 1946-1964
Scope and Contents note The Melanie Cesspooch Digital Photography and Moving Image colletion consists of 37 DVDs and CDs containing digital still and moving images from IAIA events, programs, day-to-day operations, and graduations, 2004-2008. The strength of the collection lie in the immense amount of digital photography--nearly 20,000 images--that document IAIA during the time. IAIA graduations are well documented, as is the 2004 IAIA Summer Film and TV workhops and hte 2004 AIHEC Convention.
Scope and Contents note This collection comprises mainly photographs and newspaper clippings as well as some ephemera and correspondence relating to the life and work of the American artist Merina Lujan Hopkins (Pop Chalee). The photographs and newspaper clippings primarily relate to publicity surrounding the "Annie Get Your Gun" tour she participated in with Ed "Natay" Lee in 1950 as well as promotional events the two did on behalf of the Santa Fe Railway in the late 1940s and early to mid-1950s. Additionally, there...
Abstract The Museum Studies Resource Files were assembled by Chuck Dailey during the years 1960-2010. These files are housed in eight metal file cabinets. Subjects cover everything from AAM to Zoos.
Dates: 1960-2010; Majority of material found in 1960-2010
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Abstract IAIA-RG07, Board of Trustee Records, consist of minutes, reports, correspondence, and other administrative records related to the activities of the IAIA Board of Trustees. The board was established in 1986 by a Congressional charter to oversee IAIA, granted federal 501c3 status by the Higher Education Amendment of 1986.
Dates: 1986-Present; Majority of material found in 1988-Present
Abstract Series I of RG-08, Subject Files of the Office of the President, consists of 24 manuscript cases covering the years 1986-2000. The subject files were maintained by the office of the president and span several IAIA presidents including Perry Horse, Beatrice Rivas Sanchez, and Della Warrior.
Dates: 1986-2000; Majority of material found in 1992-2000
Abstract The Robert Best Papers consist of correspondence, financial records, administrative records, meeting minutes, and other materials related to Best’s involvement in the IAIA Foundation.
Dates: 1986-1998; Majority of material found in 1986-1998
Abstract The Robert Harcourt Papers consist of newsclippings, institutional publications, administrative records, correspondence, exhibit catalogs, press articles, photographs, and other materials related to Harcourt’s employment and involvement with IAIA as well as his collecting activities. The first series, Alumni Files, are organized by year and contain data on IAIA alumni, 1963-2008.
Dates: 1962-Present 1990-Present
Collection — Box: 1-60
Identifier: IAIAMS15 LLoyd H New Papers
Abstract Lloyd H. New, professionally known as Lloyd “Kiva” New, was hired by the Bureau of Indian Affairs in 1961 as the first Art Director of the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA). In 1967, he became the Institute’s second President until his retirement in 1978. The Lloyd H. New Papers collection consists of a generous portion of the personal and professional documents belonging to Lloyd Henri “Kiva” New from his diploma from the Art Institute of Chicago in 1938 to his obituary in 2002.
Scope and Contents note IAIA MS 27, the Seymour Tubis Papers (1941-1993 [1947-1993, Bulk]) consists of correspondence, publications, photographs, manuscripts, audio-visual, and other documentary materials related to the life and career of artist Seymour Tubis (1919-1993) and is preserved in 14 manuscript cases (7 cu. ft). The focus of this collection is not only on Tubis's professional career as an artist, but also on his time as a member of the faculty at the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) from 1964-1981....
Abstract The William Johnson Papers consists of IAIA Board of Trustee records, IAIA Foundation records, correspondence, manuscripts, slides, photographs, videos, and ephemera related to his terms as Chairman of the IAIA Board of Trustees the the IAIA Foundation.
Dates: 1973-1999; Majority of material found in 1988-1999
Abstract The Winona Garmhausen Papers consists of the published dissertation, drafts, other academic writings, research photocopies, budgets, evaluations, reports, surveys, letters, memoranda, brochures, pamphlets, posters, newspaper clippings, magazines, journals, booklets, pamphlets, personal correspondence, photographs, and slides that were created and collected during the period from 1975 to 1983 while she researched and wrote her doctoral dissertation for the American Studies Department at the...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1976-1983; 1891-1990 1962-1983
- Repository: Institute of American Indian Arts X
- Indian arts -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe. 7
- Indian arts -- United States -- 20th century. 7
- Indian art -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 6
- Indian art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 5
- Indian art -- Southwest, New. 4
- Indian arts -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 4
- Institute of American Indian Arts.; Museum. 4
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Exhibitions. 3
- Art -- Southwest, New. 2
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 2
- Indian Art--Southwest--New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Periodicals. 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts. 2
- Native American--Women--New Mexico 2
- Photographs 2
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Cliff-dwellings -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Curriculum Development 1
- Drawing 1
- Education--Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico--Cirricula 1
- Financial 1
- Garcia, Bob 1
- Grant Writing 1
- Hantavirus 1
- Indian Art 1
- Indians of North America -- Canada, Eastern. 1
- Indians of North America -- East (U.S.) 1
- Indians of North America -- Education. 1
- Indians of North America -- Great Plains. 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific -- Pictorial works. 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific. 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New. 1
- Indians of North America--Education--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America--Southwest--New 1
- Indians of North America. 1
- Indians, North American -- education -- United States. 1
- Indigenous peoples--Education 1
- Interviews 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Multicultural education--New Mexico 1
- Multicultural education--New Mexico--Aims and objectives 1
- Native American--Education--New Mexico 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- New Mexico -- Maps 1
- New Mexico Life Long Learning 1
- New Mexico. Adult Learning 1
- New Mexico. Division of Indian Education 1
- New Mexico. Elementary Education 1
- New Mexico. State Department of Education 1
- Newspapers 1
- Oral History--New Mexico 1
- Oral History--New Mexico--Native American 1
- Permission Requests 1
- Photo Releases 1
- Publications 1
- Pueblo Indians -- Antiquities -- Pictorial works. 1
- Pueblo Indians--Education 1
- Pueblo Indians--History 1
- Pueblo Indians--Photographs 1
- Pueblos--New Mexico--History 1
- Rancho Viejo de Santa Fe 1
- Research 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Periodicals. 1
- Santa Fe Indian School (Santa Fe, NM) -- History 1
- Santa Fe Indian School -- History. 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student Guide 1
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Taos art 1
- Taos women 1
- Teacher's Guide 1
- Textbooks 1
- Textbooks--History 1
- Textbooks--History--Hispanic 1
- Textbooks--History--Indian 1
- Textbooks--Mexico 1
- Textbooks--New Mexico 1
- Textbooks--Publication and distribution 1
- Textbooks--United States--History 1
- White House Conference on Indian Education 1 ∧ less
- English 16
- Undetermined 10
- Institute of American Indian Arts 9
- Institute of American Indian Arts. Museum 3
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 3
- Arnheim, Rudolf, 1904-2007 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1