Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

Charles M. O'Donel Papers

 Collection
Identifier: MSS-495-BC
Scope and Content The collection contains correspondence relating to the personal and business affairs of Charles O'Donel. It also contains genealogical and biographical information about the O'Donel, Kearny and Harral families. There are also some samples of Mexican pesos and Confederate dollars (1861-1914). Photographs have been transferred to CSWR Photoarchives.
Dates: 1860-1978; Majority of material found in 1919-1935

David A. Remley Papers

 Collection
Identifier: MSS-763-BC
Abstract Collection consists of research material used for the book: Bell Ranch: Cattle Ranching in the Southwest, 1824-1947.
Dates: 1790-1991; Majority of material found within 1821-1947

Red River Valley Company Photograph Collection

 Collection
Identifier: PICT-000-086
Abstract Collection consists of one album, formerly the property of C. M. O'Donel, of mounted prints related to life on the Bell Ranch, New Mexico.
Dates: 1889-1933

Red River Valley Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: MSS-86-BC
Scope and Content The Red River Valley Company collection contains the records of the daily activities of the Bell Ranch. It contains the legal records of the Pablo Montoya Grant, and the correspondence of Bell Ranch managers Arthur J. Tisdall, Charles M. O'Donel, and Albert K. Mitchell, covering the years 1894 to 1943. There are monthly employee lists, payrolls, business books and annual reports, tax records, receipts for equipment and supplies, maps, surveys, cattle and horse breeding records, marketing and...
Dates: 1865-1947

Red River Valley Company Records,

 Collection
Identifier: Ms 5
Abstract Closed corporation founded to buy the Bell Ranch, a ranch of more than 700,000 acres in eastern San Miguel County about 50 miles northwest of Tucumcari, New Mexico. Records consist of four large ledgers which contain cattle, sheep, horse and mule tallies, and an abstract of title for the property.
Dates: 1898-1947