Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract The collection contains photographs of the Ilfeld family.
Scope and Content The collection contains records of the Charles Ilfeld Company including correspondence, ledgers, receipts and invoices, inventories, and advertisements. It is divided into three series: correspondence, account books and ledgers, and records of other businesses. The correspondence, 1867-1903, contains letters received and letters sent, both arranged chronologically, and consisting mostly of orders placed with the company. These are followed by copies (Copy Books) of remittance letters and...
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Abstract The majority of this collection is the business, legal, and personal correspondence of E. L. Moulton from 1910-1958.
Dates: 1910-1965; Majority of material found in 1912-1958
Abstract The Gustave Elsberg papers relate to a suit levied by Elsberg against his former business partner Jacob Amberg in 1869.
Identifier: AC 113-P
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of letters received by Charles or Louis Ilfeld from family members and business associates. The letters primarily concern either family matters or the activities of the Charles Ilfeld Company. A few business documents are also in the collection.
Abstract The Raton Grocery Store Records consist of fifteen ledgers and notebooks pertaining to the operations of a grocery and mercantile business in Raton, New Mexico, 1907-1938.
Identifier: MSS -215 -BC
Abstract The collection contains financial records of George H. Smith, Jr., and the Smith Mercantile Company, also known as the Santa Rosa Mercantile Company. The business, located in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, was owned and operated by George H. Smith, Jr.
Dates: 1891-1959; Majority of material found in 1901-1958
Identifier: AC 252
Scope and Content This collection consists mainly of business records of the Spitz Jewelry Store, Santa Fe, NM. The business was founded in 1881 and closed in 1974. The business was started by Solomon Spitz and carried on by his son, Bernard. Initially the business involved manufacture, importation, and sale of jewelry. There is a significant collection of letters from the Fred Harvey company ordering jewelry (1905 - 1921). The family was also involved in financial and real estate ventures throughout the state....
Abstract The collection consists of photocopies of contracts between the U.S. War Department and New Mexico businesses to supply feed to U.S. Army forts in New Mexico and Texas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of individuals associated with the Charles Ilfeld Co., a mercantile company which operated in Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and other parts of northern New Mexico. Series I consists of the business and personal papers of Charles Ilfeld. Business papers include deeds, certificates, licenses, conveyances, blueprints, correspondence, contracts, notebooks, receipts, invoices, and other materials from the Charles Ilfeld Co. Personal papers include correspondence, notebooks, an...
Scope and Content The bulk of the William Jackson Parish collection is made up of research material for Parish's Harvard dissertation and 1961 Harvard University Press publication, The Charles Ilfeld Company: A Study of the Rise and Decline of Mercantile Capitalism in New Mexico. This material consists of correspondence, notes, manuscripts, business reports, an editor's copy of The Charles Ilfeld Company..., as well as the bound dissertation....
Dates: 1700-1964; Majority of material found in 1945-1963
Identifier: AC 048-P
Scope and Content The collection includes bits of this commercial history as well as the history of Las Vegas. A letter from his brother-in-law and partner, Max Nordhaus, describes a flood of the Gallinas River in 1904. Among a number of speeches delivered by Charles Ilfeld is one given before the Las Vegas Woman's Club in 1924 which is of considerable interest for its autobiographical content. This material was originally owned by Louis Ilfeld, son of Charles, who had a deep interest in Las Vegas...
Dates: 1904-1927; 1904-1927
- Names: Charles Ilfeld Company X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 9
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 5
- Merchants -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico--Business--History 3
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Business enterprises--New Mexico--History 2
- Merchants - New Mexico 2
- Merchants--New Mexico 2
- Photographs 2
- Addresses 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Blueprints 1
- Certificates 1
- Contracts 1
- Conveyances 1
- Deeds 1
- Estate records 1
- Floods New Mexico Gallinas River 1
- Grocery trade--New Mexico 1
- Hamburg (Germany) 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Invoices 1
- Jewelry trade -- New Mexico 1
- Jews -- New Mexico 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Legal documents 1
- Licenses 1
- Map 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Merchants New Mexico Las Vegas 1
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 1
- Mora County (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Navajo Indians -- Economic conditions 1
- Navajo Indians -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico -- Business -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- Notebooks 1
- Oil fields - New Mexico - Clovis 1
- Portraits 1
- Programs 1
- Raton (N.M.)--History 1
- Real estate investment - New Mexico 1
- Real property -- New Mexico 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- San Miguel County (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Santa Rosa (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Rosa Mercantile Company records 1
- Sheep -- Herding 1
- Sheep industry -- History 1
- Socorro County (N.M.)--History 1
- Socorro County (N.M.)--Politics and government 1
- Southwest, New -- History -- 1848- 1
- Telegrams 1
- U.S.S. New Mexico 1
- Unfinished works 1
- Wool -- Marketing 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1