Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: AC 271-p
Scope and Content One letter describes a trip to Taos, NM, and a visit to Dorothy Brett.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content Letter from Mabel Dodge Lujan to Norman Donaldson, 1938. (Box 1, Folder 2). This is a collection of letters written to Norman V. Donaldson, his wife Hildegarde, and his daughter Virginia "Midge" Donaldson, by Mabel Dodge Luhan, Dorothy Brett, Robinson Jeffers, and "Eileen Q" (Eileen Quinn, who was sales manager for the University of New Mexico Press). Norman Donaldson became secretary of Yale University Press in 1938, was appointed...
Scope and Content This collection consists of Dorothy Eugenie Brett's personal papers from 1939 to 1977, the time of her death. Letters received by John Manchester after Brett's death in 1977 often refer to Brett and have therefore been integrated. John Manchester, himself a painter, had his first meeting with Dorothy Eugenie Brett during the summer of 1949 in Taos. After that he stayed in contact with her until he moved to Taos in 1963 having bought a house and becoming Brett's neighbor, friend and...
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract Collection contains writer and author Joseph Foster's correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Dates: 1920s - 1980s
Abstract Letters, manuscripts, book mock-ups, and original drawings pertaining to author Robert Bright and his family.
Dates: 1830s-1979; Majority of material found within 1888-1970
Abstract Letters written to Warren Roberts from Frieda Lawrence and Dorothy Brett regarding dispensation of D. H. Lawrence material.
Dates: 1954-2003; Majority of material found within 1954-1971
- Names: Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 6
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Correspondence 2
- Art, Modern--20th century--New Mexico 1
- Artists - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Bloomsbury group 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- From Bloomsbury to New Mexico : a biography 1
- Germany--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Great Britain--History--Edward VII, 1901-1910 1
- Illustrated childrens' books -- 20th Century 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Intellectuals -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Lawrence and Brett; a friendship 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Mock-ups 1
- Postcards 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Taos school of art 1
- Taos, N.M. 1
- Tintype 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 3
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1