Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Abstract 19th century photographs made in Brazil by some of the best- known photographers working there during that period: Marc Ferrez, George Leuzinger, and Albert Frisch (who took the first known photographs of Amazonian Indians).
Abstract Papers of the Amador family, entrepreneurs and community leaders of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Included in the collection are the personal papers of Martin Amador, Refugio Ruiz de Amador, their children, Emilia Amador de Garcia, Juan Amador, Francisco Amador, Martin A. Amador, Jr., Maria Amador de Daguerre, Clotilde Amador de Terrazas, Julieta Amador de Garcia, and Corina Amador de Campbell, and sons in law, Jesus Garcia and Antonio Terrazas. The papers include correspondence, financial, and legal...
Abstract Postcard album of the American Students of the Ecole des Beaux Arts.
Abstract Swiss immigrant; Roswell, New Mexico, farmer and rancher, and commander of the New Mexico National Guard's Battery A. Comprised of business and personal and family papers, consisting of correspondence, diaries and journals, financial records, and other materials related to his sheep ranching and farming interests and his military service, including his unit's service on the border during the Mexican Revolution (1916) and in France during World War I (1917-1918).
Dates: 1866-1934; 1896-1930s
Abstract The collection contains selected Spanish documents copied from the Archivo General de Indias and other archives in Spain, the Vatican Library, and U.S. Libraries, with related transcriptions and notes. Mainly focused on the colonial history of New Mexico and New Spain, with some materials for the Caribbean, Latin America, Philippines, and the U.S. Borderlands.
Dates: 1508-1821; Majority of material found within 1521-1780
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, interviews, personal history, newspaper clippings and movie scripts, and materials related to developing a motion picture.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Identifier: AC 042
Scope and Content Reports, proposals, and correspondence in French Archives related to the French interest in northern Spain. Photocopied transcripts and microfilm printouts from the Public Archives of Canada, Ottawa.
Dates: c. 1682 - 1742
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The French Revolutionary Pamphlets collection contains nineteen original published documents written by leading French Republican Revolutionaries during the second through eighth years of the First French Republic (1793-1801). There are twelve additional documents published during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries relating to leading figures and events of the French Revolution.
Identifier: AC 096-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of three passports (1821-1824) issued to Robert Cunningham Graham, an Englishman, by French authorities under Louis XVIII. Two of the passports grant Graham permission to travel from London to France, the third passport grants Graham permission to travel from France to other European countries.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content Archive 319 contains an immense wealth of research notes, photocopies of documents, and important and rare interviews pertaining to all aspects of the period of the Third Reich. Besides book reviews of Fraenkel/Manvell works, Box 1 contains old as well as contemporary international newspaper clippings representing all aspects of political and civil life in Nazi Germany. The transcripts of interviews and conversations located in the second half of this box not only show interesting information...
Abstract Folio contains 14 woodcuts depicting the Stations of the Cross. This is no. 13/30 of the second edition. Charlot cut the planks in 1918, printed the first edition in 1920 and this second edition in 1977.
Dates: 1918-1920, 1977
Abstract John Nichols' papers document a wide range of history and culture and personal connections in New Mexico (and elsewhere) over the last 55 years. The collection contains manuscripts, screenplays, correspondence, speeches, artwork, journals, photographs, slides, and videos.
Abstract The Bourrienne letter is written from Bourrienne to Talleyrand, French Minister of Foreign Relations, concerning a letter from an English government official.
Dates: 1806 July 16
Scope and Content The Areu Collection, which represents the major composers and librettists of the late 19th century, contains 131 zarzuelas, miscellaneous music, plays, playbills, and personal papers. Of the zarzuelas, about 100 originated in Spain, and a small number from Cuba and Mexico. There are also several translations and arrangements of French, Italian and Viennese operettas. Almost half of the zarzuelas are one-act works, about one-third contain two or more acts, and the remainder are of undetermined...
Scope and Content The Mexican Bookplate Collection consists of 170 Mexican bookplates, plus four French examples. The collection represents the styles of heraldry and of ornamentation in vogue at various times in the 20th century. Many of the illustrations are rare examples including those of more modern design. No attempt has been made to chronologize the collection or to attribute dates, artists, or the owners who commissioned the plates. Variations of iconography for a single moniker or logo are...
Abstract This collection contains one photo album of snapshots taken in Mexico in 1909 and 1910. The subjects of the photos include political parades, the children and home of Porfirio Díaz, posed pictures of "natives," picnics in the park, and snapshots of friends. There are also photos of haciendas, agriculture and industry, monuments and churches, and recreational facilities at the tourist "Club Suisse."
Abstract This is a collection of papers of French novelist Michel Butor from his two years as a visiting professor at the University of New Mexico, 1969-1970 and 1973-1974.
Abstract The Nancy Tucker Pictorial Collection of Southwest Materials is comprised of photographs, postcards, and artwork of New Mexico.
Scope and Content The Spanish Civil War Collection consists of materials relating to the Spanish Civil War of 1936-1939, particularly to the participation of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade and other international brigades. The material was gathered by David Gordon, who resided in New York City at the time of his death. Gordon was a member of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (originally the Abraham Lincoln Batallion), which was composed of American volunteers fighting for Republican Spain against the fascist forces of...
Dates: 1927-1973; Majority of material found in 1936-1939
Abstract This album contains well-composed and preserved platinum prints. The first photo is a montage of individual portraits of Brazilian President Nilo Peçanha and his cabinet members. This is followed by a series of photographs of governmental and public buildings, city views, parks, gardens, and lastly the surrounding forest park of Tijuca.
- Language: French X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 17
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- Photographs 3
- Cityscape photographs 2
- Clippings 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Letters 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Waterfalls -- Brazil -- Pictorial works 2
- 20,000 leagues under the sea (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- Adolf Hitler. 1973 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico 1
- Alaska -- Exploration and discovery -- Russian 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Amador family 1
- Amazon River Region -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Amazonas (Brazil) -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- America -- Discovery and exploration -- French. 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- American Students’ Committee of the École des Beaux-Arts (France)--Archives. 1
- Americans -- Spain -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Architecture -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, French -- 20th century 1
- Aztecs -- History 1
- Beaches -- Brazil -- Pictorial works 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Blacks -- Mexico -- History 1
- Bookplates 1
- Bookplates -- Mexico 1
- Bookplates, French 1
- Botanical gardens -- Brazil -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Botanical gardens -- Brazil -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Brazil -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- California--History -- to 1846 1
- Canaris conspiracy. 1969 1
- Cannibalism -- Brazil -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Christianity -- Conversion 1
- Church buildings -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- Mexico 1
- Coahuila (Mexico: State) -- History 1
- Collotypes 1
- Colorado -- Fiction 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Conchas Lake (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Correspondence 1
- Curiosities and wonders -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- DVDs 1
- Ecole des Beaux - Paris, France 1
- El Paso (Tex.) -- History 1
- Encomiendas (Latin America) 1
- Ephemera 1
- Espionage -- Great Britain --Biography. 1
- Espionage -- United States --Biography. 1
- Espionage --Great Britain --History --20th century. 1
- Espionage --United States--History --20th century. 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Family-owned business enterprises--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 1
- Florida--History--to 1821 1
- France--History--1789-1815 1
- France--History--Consulate and First Empire, 1799-1815 1
- France--History--Revolution, 1789-1799 1
- France--Pictorial works 1
- France--Politics and government--1789-1815 1
- French -- North America -- History -- Sources 1
- Germany--History--1933-1945 1
- Germany--History--1945-1955 1
- Good Scout 1
- Guatemala--History--To 1821 1
- Hamilton Spectator 1
- Harbors -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- Pictorial works 1
- Heraldic bookplates 1
- Herman Goring. 1962 1
- High Noon (Motion picture) 1
- Hillerman, Tony 1
- Hispanic American artists -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American women--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 1
- Hispanic Americans in literature 1
- Hopi Indians 1
- Hospitals -- New Spain -- History 1
- Hotels -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Human ecology -- West (U.S.) 1
- Hundred days to Hitler. 1974 1
- Indian artists -- New Mexico 1
- Indian mythology -- North America 1
- Indians of Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of South America -- Amazon River Region -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians, Treatment of 1
- Inquisition -- Mexico 1
- Interviews 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 1 ∧ less
- English 12
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 4
- Italian 3
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- Areu, Manuel, 1845-1942 1
- Arrieta, Emilio, 1823-1894 1
- Barbieri, Francisco Asenjo, 1823-1894 1
- Barère, B. (Bertrand), 1755-1841 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1