Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters and memorandum to the National Park Service and the New Mexico Cuarto Centennial Commission soliciting funding for the bronze casting of John Terkin's, "Arrowed Death" sculpture, discussing placing the bronze statue in the patio at Bandelier National Monument. Six photographs accompany the letters. Whether or not the piece was ever cast in and placed at Bandelier National Monument is not answered in the correspondence.
Scope and Content The collection consists of one letter from James Jones, author, to Keen Rafferty, University of New Mexico Journalism Professor, dated January 10, 1951, Ft. Myers Beach, Florida. The letter contains review quotes by John Dos Passos and Norman Mailer regarding Jones' novel, From Here To Eternity. The collection also contains a copy of Jones' obituary, Albuquerque Tribune, 1977.
United States Army Corps of Engineers. Records of the Geographical Surveys West of the 100th Meridian,
Scope and Content This collection contains data for all of the states within the survey area, with the exception of Idaho and Montana. There are 53 items in the collection, all of them bound volumes of survey observations. Included are books on triangulation, sextant astronomical observations, meteorological records, odometer readings, geodetic data, and observations for time. The bulk of data in the collection pertains to New Mexico and Colorado. Some observation books are undated.
- Language: English, Old (ca.450-1100) X
- Art, American -- New Mexico 1
- Astronomy -- Observations 1
- Authors, American 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Discoveries in geography 1
- From Here To Eternity 1
- Literature -- History and criticism 1
- Meteorology -- Observations 1
- New Mexico -- Discovery and exploration 1
- New Mexico -- Surveys 1
- Photographs 1
- Sculpture -- New Mexico 1
- Southwest, New -- Discovery and exploration 1
- United States -- Discovery and exploration 1
- United States -- Surveys 1 ∧ less