Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 66
Abstract This collection contains early records of the Art League of New Mexico, founded in 1929. The papers relate mainly to exhibitions the Art League of New Mexico sponsored, correspondence with respect to exhibitions and some files on fundraising events in the 1940s and 1950s.
Dates: 1936-1970; Majority of material found within 1941-1953
Identifier: AC 371-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typed publication titled "Art Takes a Hand in Education" written in 1945 by Robert Slate, Head Teacher of Vocational and Industrial Arts. It discusses the establishment and experiences of Canal High School at the Japanese American Internment Camp in Rivers, Az. The focus is on teaching art.
Identifier: AC 239
Scope and Content The Robert R. White Collection consists of original records of the Santa Fe Railroad passenger ticket office in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
ARRANGEMENT: The various file units are ordered alphabetically by subject matter.
ARRANGEMENT: The various file units are ordered alphabetically by subject matter.
Abstract The collection consists of five World War II army draft cards and one ration stamp book belonging to August Kirk Brown, who lived at Estancia and Mountainair, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Cary Blair. Part of the Cary Blair Pictorial Collection PICT 000-542 SC (Folder 1). The Cary Blair papers contain information on committees, membership, minutes of meetings, bulletins, and reports pertaining to the Heights Community Center. There is also information on military recreation during World War II. Individual items of interest include Food Ration Slips from the WW II era in the miscellaneous folder and a letter from Jack Benny in the fund...
Abstract Collection consists of photographs of Cary Blair and others associated with the Heights Community Center in Albuquerque, N.M.
Abstract Contains primarily correspondence between members of the Charles E. Dawson family. The majority of the letters are from family members to the two sons, Charles E. "Ed" Dawson, Jr., and William M. "Buddy" Dawson, who served in the military during World War II.
Identifier: AC 097
Scope and Content Collection comprises national, state (N.Y.), and municipal (New York City) directives, handbooks, and pamphlets to the citizenry dealing with methods to be adopted for individual protection and safety, and steps to be taken to aid in the war effort (viz. Second World War).
The material is in excellent condition.
The material is in excellent condition.
Abstract Contains personal papers and family history from David Wilde's life in England and others related to his life and writings in Albuquerque.
Abstract The David Wilde Photograph Collection contains a variety of formats, including slides, photographs, proofs, negatives, postcards and some art work, as well as color and black and white xeroxed images. The material is related to his early life in England and later years in Albuquerque. It also includes images of art work by Arthur Charles Slawson and photographs gathered for his biography of Zeke Cortez.
Abstract This is a small collection containing newspaper clippings, World War II memorabilia and a few business records. Documents concerning Albuquerque funeral director, Chester T. French, are also housed in the collection.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Scope and Content The Erna Fergusson Papers consist of personal papers, including journals, notebooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, and business and family records; literary and professional correspondence (correspondence is also found with related manuscript materials); lectures and travel notes; manuscript and published materials; research materials; and scrapbooks. Of particular interest are the research materials relevant to Albuquerque and New Mexico, particularly concerning individuals and families as well...
Abstract This collection contains materials written by and about Ernie Pyle, an American journalist who was most famous for his World War II columns from the 1940s. The collection also covers his early days as the “Roving Reporter,” his life in Albuquerque and overseas, and his eventual death in Ie Shima, Japan in 1948. There is also much information on various tributes and memorials which occurred after his death, including the opening of the Ernie Pyle Memorial Library in Albuquerque, NM.
Dates: 1928-2009; Majority of material found within 1935-2004
Scope and Content The collection consists of air mail correspondence and telegrams from Pyle's assignment in Okinawa and from an aircraft cruiser in the Pacific Ocean. The cruiser is not named, probably because the name and location would have been classified during the war. A letter from Scripps-Howard informs Dean G.B. Hammond of the UNM Graduate School that the newspaper agency had no more material to contribute to the collection other than the correspondence which was sent. Dr. Marie Pope Wallis donated...
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract This collection documents the lives of three generations of one family, grandmother, Eva Scott Muse Fényes, mother, Leonora S.M. Curtin, and daughter, Leonora Curtin Paloheimo. The personal papers of the women contain extensive correspondence, diaries, thousands of photographs, business and financial documents, travel records, scrapbooks, clippings, and ephemera.
Found in: Acequia Madre House
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, meeting minutes, booklets and newsletters relating to Fort Wingate and the community of Fort Wingate. Much of the material relates to Paul and Patti Merrill. Paul Merrill ran the Fort Wingate Trading Post and Patti Merrill served as Postmaster for Fort Wingate.
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: HHC 89
Abstract This collection documents the professional career of Dr. George E. Omer, Jr. (1922-). Included in the collection is the forty-two page final transcript of an oral history interview, a corrected proof of the transcript, four audio tapes and two diskettes from the interview. Also included are collected news clippings concerning Dr. Omer from 1970 to 1990 as well as reprints of four articles authored by Dr. Omer and a copy of the 1989-1990 annual report of the Department of Orthopaedics written by...
Abstract This collection contains correspondence and personal papers of George F. Ellis, manager of the Bell Ranch from 1947-1970, general and subject correspondence files (1944-1945) of former manager Albert K. Mitchell, and records from the Bell Ranch, 1929-1970.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of two handwritten German POW letters written from Roswell, NM and Silver City, NM respectively.
Identifier: AC 547
Scope and Content The collection contains three sets of materials: five censored letters written by Tetsuji Hanzawa to his mother Shin and his sister-in-law Koto in Hawaii from the Santa Fe Detention Station between 1944 and 1945; letters and cards written by Taichiro Hanzawa to his wife Koto, his mother Shin and his daughter Mrs. E. Omuro in Hawaii from the Lordsburg and Santa Fe, NM Detention Camps between October, 1942 and September, 1945. Additional materials include a copy of Taichiro Hanzawa's Application...
Identifier: AC 370
Scope and Content The Collection includes nineteen original drawings of the guards at the Japanese American Internment Camp in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and of a prisoner of war camp in Seagoville, Texas done by Harold (Hal) E. West (1902-1968). There is a book entitled "A Local Santa Fe Bystander's View of the War Years and of the Japanese Internment Camp, 1941-1945" catalogued separately. Collection contains original drawings, copy of the book, and photographs, correspondence, and articles on Hal West and Jerry...
Dates: 1941-2002; 1941-1999; 1941-2002
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 37
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 21
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 1
- Acequia Madre House 1
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Special Collections Library 1 ∧ less
- World War, 1939-1945 16
- Photographs 11
- Clippings 7
- Correspondence 6
- Letters 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 6
- Battleships--New Mexico 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Ocean 4
- Account books 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 3
- Artists -- New Mexico 3
- Battleships -- New Mexico 3
- Ephemera 3
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Pamphlets 3
- Sound recordings 3
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 3
- United States--History, Naval--20th century 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 2
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 2
- Community centers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Courts -- New Mexico 2
- Crimes against peace 2
- Diaries 2
- Drawing 2
- Interviews 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 2
- Los Alamos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Map 2
- Menus 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Periodicals 2
- Postcards 2
- Posters 2
- Propaganda -- United States 2
- Ranches -- New Mexico 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe Internment Camp (N.M.) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- United States Highway 66 2
- Veterans--New Mexico 2
- War correspondents -- United States 2
- War posters 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Social aspects -- New Mexico 2
- World War, 1939-1945-- England 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Japan 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines 2
- World War, 1939-1945--History 2
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Adolf Hitler. 1973 1
- Agricultural engineers -- United States 1
- Agricultural industries -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- Defense measures 1
- Agriculture -- Finance 1
- Agriculture -- International cooperation 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Alcohol -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Aliens -- United States 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- American journalism, 1690-1940 1
- American military bases -- Brazil 1
- Anatomy. 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anti-Nazi movement -- Germany 1
- Anti-fascist movements 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Pictorial works 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Art -- Studying and teaching -- Arizona 1
- Art --New Mexico 1
- Art in education -- Arizona 1
- Art patronage – New Mexico 1
- Art – New Mexico -- Exhibitions 1
- Art, American 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Atomic bomb -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 61
- Undetermined 19
- German 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- French 2
- New Mexico (Battleship) 8
- United States. War Relocation Authority 3
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Göring, Hermann, 1893-1946 2
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 2
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 2
- Acequia Madre House . (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Art League of New Mexico 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Birdsong, Ormand J., 1919-1999 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Dissette, Mary E. 1
- Ellis, George F. 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Kirk, August Brown, 1908-1973 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lane, Rose Wilder, 1886-1968 1
- New Mexico Cattle Growers Association 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Slawson, Alfred Charles , 1920-1987 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Tojo, Hideki, 1884-1948 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Art & Art History 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 1 ∧ less