Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 98
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Identifier: AC 466-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters regarding historical preservation in Santa Fe. The correspondence, for the most part, addresses the preservation of the Fort Marcy Officers' Residence (also known as the "Hewett House"). There is one broachure, "The Ceremonial Way" in the collection. Also, there is a letter and description of the Girard Foundation Collection from Alexander Girard.
Dates: 1972-1977; Majority of material found in 1975
Identifier: AC 240
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Alfred C. Wiley, 1821-1978. Included are: Alfred C. Wiley's correspondence, 1914-1951; papers relating to his childhood friend Frank Hazen, 1908-1931; Cash and Carry Groceteria documents, 1937-1978; papers relating to the Kiwanis Club; and miscellaneous papers, 1821-1946. Miscellaneous papers consist of postcards addressed to Alfred's father F.F. Wiley (1894-1896), envelopes from the First National Bank of Santa Fe, a statement of condition from the Mutual...
Dates: 1821-1978 (bulk, 1908-1951)
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Identifier: AC 495
Scope and Content The collection contains financial records for two archbishops (Pitaval and Daeger) and includes local, national and international samples of receipts, invoices, tax records, etc. Collection also includes a series of form letters from the Vatican.
Dates: 1897-1947; Majority of material found in 1916-1932
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of the military papers of Manuel Delgado (a captain in the Spanish Army), 1778-1794. Most of the documents concern administrative matters related to several presidios in northern New Spain. Other topics include military desertions, military benefits, financial accounts, a land conveyance in Santa Fe, and judicial proceedings.
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records of the New Mexico Horticultural Society, including its 1886 charter and bylaws, and minutes of meetings from 1895-1896. Also within the collection is an 1883 letter appointing G. Pitman Smith as Missouri's delegate to the Santa Fe Tertio-Millenial Celebration.
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 112-P
Scope and Content One journal kept by Hull on a 1908 trip he made to New Mexico from Georgia to visit his daughter May and her husband Judge William Pope. Pope became the first Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court under statehood in 1912. The trip lasted two months and included visits to Roswell, Santa Fe, Cloudcroft, the Slaughter Ranch, the Diamond A Ranch, the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and Tesuque Pueblo. Various parts of the journey were made by train, automobile, and horse and wagon. The...
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 281
Scope and Content Collection contains material related to the League of Women Voters (Santa Fe County), ethics issues concerning City of Santa Fe Councilors, and material related to the Urban Planning Board of Santa Fe. The collection consists of material obtained during the political activities in support of passage of the Code of Ethics for the Santa Fe City Council during the period 1979-1984.
The material has been organized in twelve folders and one loose-leaf notebook.
The material has been organized in twelve folders and one loose-leaf notebook.
Identifier: AC 136
Scope and Content The Boaz Walton Long Collection consists of private and professional correspondence, financial records, and personal papers dating almost entirely from the 1940s.
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet...
Identifier: AC 076
Scope and Content Collection consists of Chris Emmett's research materials, 1847-1883. Included are typescript excerpts from New Mexican newspapers (primarily from Santa Fe) and from several publications. Excerpts pertain to various New Mexico persons and events in Santa Fe and various other cities. Included is an index to the excerpts created by Emmett.
Identifier: AC 050
Scope and Content One daybook of the Cook and Shaw Co. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes daily entries of transactions such as sales, bills, and credits with customers identified by name.
Abstract This collection is composed of Dalton C. Bergan's research notebooks, photocopied material and note cards on Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell and François Xavier Aubry. Bergan used some of this material to write a book on Aubry.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials on churches and watersheds in northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence, minutes, reports and clippings on the restoration of the San Jose de la Gracia Church in Las Trampas; reports and notes on Valle Grande Church in Villanueva; and reports on tree-ring dating the Santa Cruz Church in Santa Cruz and two houses in Santa Fe. Also within the collection are reports and correspondence concerning the Rio Penasco Watershed, an article about the Rio...
Identifier: AC 326-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a letter dated February 10, 1913, describing the use of the various rooms of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, prior to 1895. Also describes events in Santa Fe about 1844, under the administration of Governor Mariano Martinez de Lejanze.
Identifier: AC 414
Scope and Content Collection contains personal family correspondence, correspondence with friends, documents/certificates pertaining to her parents and herself, and manuscripts and notes of her published and unpublished creative works. Collection also contains court material (Pittman shorthand and not transcribed) from her mother who was a court stenographer at the Santa Fe District Court
Dates: 1913-1997; Majority of material found in 1940-1970
Identifier: AC 116
Scope and Content This collection is composed of Johnson's correspondence, but also includes: business papers, poetry, newspaper columns, and other documents pertaining to life in New Mexico. Johnson, a politician and newspaper man, was an ardent advocate of preservation of New Mexico's early civilization.
Abstract This collection contains photographs and slides documenting the renovation and resulting archaeology of the Santuario de Guadalupe, an historic Catholic church in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 76
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 19
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 19
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 17
- Minutes (Records) 16
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 14
- Financial records 12
- Clippings 11
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 10
- Account books 9
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 9
- Photographs 9
- Diaries 8
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 8
- Reports 8
- Conveyances 7
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 7
- Genealogy 6
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 6
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 6
- By-laws 5
- Family papers 5
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Wills 5
- Addresses 4
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- Legal documents 4
- Map 4
- Membership lists 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Social life and customs 4
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Arizona--Description and travel 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Estate records 3
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Letters 3
- Poems 3
- Postcards 3
- Programs 3
- Publications 3
- Real property -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Social life and customs 3
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 3
- Santa Fe Trail 3
- Tax records 3
- Urban Renewal -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Visitors' books 3
- Advertisements 2
- Americans --Mexico 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Brochures 2
- Certificates 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Contracts 2
- Decrees 2
- Deeds 2
- Franciscans --Missions--New Mexico 2
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Invoices 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land Titles -- Registration and Transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Land titles --Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Nonprofit organizations --New Mexico--Santa Fe 2
- Obituaries 2
- Presidio de Santa Fe (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Provincias Internas (New Spain) -- History 2
- Pueblo Indians --History 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Reviews 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce. 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs. 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Commerce 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Spain --Colonies--America--Administration 2
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe. 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Water rights -- New Mexico 2
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Address books 1
- Administrative records 1
- Adobe houses—New Mexico 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Ambassadors--United States 1 ∧ less
- English 86
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- German 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 3
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 3
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 2
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Ahlborn, Richard E., 1933-2015 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Boyd, E. (Elizabeth), 1903-1974 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- C. de Baca, Elba 1
- Candelario, J.S. (Jesus Sito), 1864-1938 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Fairview Cemetery (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Garrett, Elizabeth, 1885?-1947 1
- Girard, Alexander, 1907-1993 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. War Relocation Authority 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less