Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 26
Abstract The collection documents the history of the Acequia de Abajo, Precinct 2, Sandoval County, N.M. between 1919 and 1934.
Abstract Records of [La] Acequia de Nuestra Senora de Belen (also referred to as Belen Ditch), Valencia County, from 1912-1963. Includes financial and employment records, correspondence, election ballots, legal papers, minutes, newspaper clippings, journals, ledgers and receipt books.
Abstract Collection of material pertaining to the recreational development and conservation of Albuquerque area open space.
Abstract The collection documents some of Basia Irland’s water-related projects. The bulk of the material relates to A Gathering of Waters: Rio Grande, Source to Sea, focusing on the plight of the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo from its source in the Colorado mountains, through New Mexico, and forming the border between Texas and Mexico.
Dates: 1975-2004; Majority of material found within 1996-2004
Content Description Scrapbook, originally housed in 3-ring binder, containing information on the Big Band on the Rio Grande. The scrapbook was compiled by band member Bill King. Scrapbook contains photographs, news clippings, promotional materials for concerts, band member lists, contracts, schedules, letters, obituaries of band members and a CD of recordings. Materials date from 1990-2018 and retain the chronological arrangement of the original scrapbook.
Dates: 1990 - 2018
Abstract This collection contains testimony from the U.S. Court of Private Land Claims regarding the legitimacy of the Caja del Rio grant involving a legal dispute between the descendants of Nicolas Ortiz, Ni?o Ladr?n de Guebara (the original grantee) and Willi Spiegelberg. It also includes legal documents confirming genealogy of the Ortiz family and records of sales of this land in 1860 from the Ortiz family through various owners, to Thomas B. Catron in 1909.
Dates: 1887-1914 (bulk 1904-1914)
Abstract The Eduardo Fuss Photograph Collection consists of images of New Mexico towns, pueblos, National Monuments and Parks, and the cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos.
Abstract Organized in 1918 after the Elephant Butte Dam was built, EBID replaced the Elephant Butte Water Users Association as a means to manage water rights and pay off the debt of the dam's construction to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation. The records here come from the district's executive operations as well as its main functions, in forms ranging from small cards to large maps.
Dates: 1880 - 1981; Majority of material found within 1904 - 1970
Abstract The collection features sound recordings and background information on Juan B. Rael, interviews and photos from the 1995 Farmers’ Markets Project in Colorado Springs, and folk music recordings (corridos, inditas, alabados and other traditional songs) and photographs with Native Americans and Hispanics of New Mexico, Cajuns in Texas, and Mexicans on the U.S. Mexican border. Topics covered range from life along the Rio Grande, the Penitentes, Matachines, the blessing of the acequias, tributes to...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Miles. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, natural resource conservation, enforcement of the Hatch Act, establishment of the Four Corners Monument, establishment of a Mormon Battalion Monument, and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within this collection are reports and other materials concerning the Pecos River Commission, Rio Grande Compact...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Mechem. Correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including conveyances of federal public lands, the fence controversy at Tesuque Pueblo, the possible creation of a national park on the Mescalero Indian Reservation, and Japanese immigration. Proclamations involve quarantines in response to several types of weevils. Special reports and investigations include the failure of the Santa Fe Bank, discrimination against Spanish-Americans at the...
Dates: 1908-1925 ( bulk 1921-1922)
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor McDonald. The bulk of the collection consists of McDonalds official papers (1912-1916). Legislative papers contain vetoes, messages, and documentation of the Governors Contingent Fund. Petitions involve the use of convict labor, construction of a dike on the Rio Grande, a right-of-way for the El Paso and Southwestern Railroad, and conditions at the Sugarite Mining Camp in Colfax County. Reports are from various state agencies and...
Dates: 1880-1968 (bulk, 1912-1916)
Abstract The Howard Clinton Tibbitts Pictorial Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives of New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, and Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, and Piedras Negras, Coahuila in Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of John J. Dempsey as a United States representative. Includes correspondence (official and private), speeches, statements, remarks, congressional bills, reports, and newsletters. Some of the subjects covered are agriculture, education, mining, water uses, flood control, dams, land titles, and roads. Items of note include a complete list of bills introduced by Dempsey (74th-85th Congress), papers of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy, remarks on the...
Dates: 1936-1958 (bulk, 1951-1958)
Identifier: AC 390
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Cable's books and essays, correspondence, and research materials associated with her publications.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract Photographs and negatives from the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District from the 1930s-1940s.
Dates: ca. 1930-1940 and 1980s
Abstract Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District serves portions of Sandoval, Bernalillo, Valencia, and Socorro Counties. Records include official minutes from 1925 to1952, a 1940 economic survey, photographs from the 1930s-1940s and a videotaped documentary from the 1980s.
Dates: 1925-ca. 1985; 1925-ca. 1985; Majority of material found in 1925-1952
Scope and Content The collection includes minutes, publications, and reports. It contains the minutes of the first annual meeting of the New Mexico Reclamation Association, held in Albuquerque on December 10, 1943. The President was Oscar M. Love. Mayor Clyde Tingley gave the opening address. The minutes were published in brochure format, most likely to encourage new members. Two documents published by the Middle Rio Grande Flood Control Association in the collection are: ...
Dates: 1943-1950 (bulk 1949-1950)
Scope and Content The collection consists of petitions signed by citizens and merchants, concerned with flooding and drainage of the Rio Grande, who supported the McNary-Smith Reclamation Bill. Also included are a telegram to F.S. O' Donnell from H.O. Bursum supporting the bill, a copy of a draft of District Irrigation Laws of New Mexico, letters to and from Senator McNary and F.S. O' Donnell, and from Morris Bien, then Secretary of the Interior, and a copy of the Congressional Record, June 9, 1922, (p....
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Abstract This collection contains oral histories, slides and research materials relating to the Rio Grande, Rio Bravo project conducted by Patricia D'Andrea in 1988. The research materials include information about the river, places along the river from the headwaters in Southern Colorado to the Gulf of Mexico, environmental issues and border/immigration issues.
Dates: 1912-2007; Majority of material found in 1988-2000
Abstract Attorney for the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (MRGCD), 1925-1936. Rodey passed the New Mexico Bar in 1915 and started his practice in Albuquerque with Rodey and Rodey, 1915-1927; Rodey and Dailey, 1927-1934; Rodey and Dickason, 1934-1941. Collection includes general correspondence, memoranda and legal papers regarding District bond issues, court cases, national and state legislation, taxes, levies and assessments, and other topics. Also includes some MRGCD board minutes and...
Dates: 1923 - 1939
Abstract Commercially reproduced and distributed postcards. Some are black & white photographs, others are tinted or printed from color film.
Abstract Photographs of R. W. D. Bryan, teachers, and students of the Albuquerque Indian School and the University of New Mexico as well as buildings and mining operations in New Mexico.
Abstract The collection contains land documents, photographs of New Mexico, maps, plats, blueprints, McMurdo Estate papers and other documents from the law firm of Rodey, Dickason, Sloan, Akin & Robb.
Dates: 1862-1983; Majority of material found within 1917-1975
- Subject: Rio Grande X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 14
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Photographs 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 5
- Addresses 4
- Land grants -- New Mexico 4
- Rio Grande -- Water rights 4
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 3
- Annual reports 3
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Extradition -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (N.M.) 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Oral histories 3
- Proclamations 3
- Sound recordings 3
- State government records 3
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico 2
- Flood control -- New Mexico 2
- Flood control -- Rio Grande Watershed -- Citizen participation 2
- Glorieta (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Lamy (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Letters 2
- Madrid (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Map 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 2
- Pardon -- New Mexico 2
- Pilar (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblo of Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblo of Santa Clara, New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Raton (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Rio Grande 2
- Rio Grande -- Pictorial works 2
- San Ildefonso Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Sandia Mountains (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial Works 2
- Slides (Photography) 2
- Springer (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Truchas (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Tucumcari (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Water -- Law and legislation 2
- A gathering of waters: Rio Grande, source to the sea 1
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Acapulco (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Account books 1
- Acequia de Abajo (Sandoval County, N.M.) 1
- Agricultural pests -- New Mexico 1
- Alabados 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Land use -- Environmental aspects 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Negatives (Photographs) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Open spaces 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Amusement parks -- Pictorial works 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Ortiz Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Apache Trail (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Astronautical museums -- New Mexico -- Alamogordo -- Pictorial works 1
- Austria--Pictorial works 1
- Aztecs -- Pictorial works 1
- Balloons -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial Works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Big Band on the Rio Grande 1
- Big band music 1
- Big bands 1
- Bishop John Lamy Grant (N.M.) 1
- Bisti (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Boxing matches--New Mexico--East Las Vegas 1
- Bureau of Reclamation--History. 1
- Caja del Rio Grande Collection 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Campaign paraphernalia--United States 1
- Canada -- Pictorial works 1
- Cancun (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Canyon Road (Santa Fe, N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Cañada de Los Alamos Grant (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- English 25
- Undetermined 8
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Acequia de Nuestra Señora de Belén 1
- Albright Art Parlors (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Corrales Acequia Association 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less