Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 32
Abstract This collection contains an album with partially identified snapshots of building construction sites from 1919 to 1923. Most of the images are of the construction of the Santa Fe Railroad Car Repair Shop in Albuquerque. Also included are photos of people, landscape, and pueblos in the area around Albuquerque dating to the early 1920’s.
Identifier: AC 487-s
Scope and Content One ledger of the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Company (ATSF) containing ca. 450 pages of payroll information listing payees' names, locations, departments, and pay. Ledger covers the Rio Grande and Pecos railroad areas including parts in Colorado. Payees are generally separated geographically and by departments such as "Mechanical," "Engineers," "Firemen," "Enginemen," "Signal and Telegraph," etc.
Dates: February 1928
Abstract The Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company collection is compiled of plans for the original railroad buildings in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from 1917 through 1925. The plans are copies of layout plans.
Identifier: AC 140
Scope and Content One scrapbook kept by Lutz containing letters, bills, circulars, and other materials. Most of the scrapbook items concern Lutz's work for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad, and the U.S. Census Office. There are also materials on mining in the area of Cerrillos, New Mexico.
Dates: 1890 - 1894
Identifier: AC 025-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning railroad mail service.
Identifier: AC 557-p
Scope and Content Two letters from E. G. Raffety concerning passenger service on the Southern Pacific Lines and oil drilling near Oscuro, NM Letter requesting continuing passenger service for Oscuro, NM from the El Paso Passenger Agent, 1926 Letter requesting assistance in securing oil drilling leases near Oscuro, NM, 1930
Dates: 1926; 1930
Identifier: AC 077
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials from the Estancia News Herald. Material in this collection covers the late 1930s and 1940s and includes financial and legal documents, correspondence, ledger books, news releases (i.e. World War II), handbills, circulars, and advertising material (mostly dealing with the newspaper business and agriculture). Some material concern railroads in New Mexico. Collection contains Torrance County, New Mexico, school papers. There is no...
Finding aid of the Oral History Interviews of the New Mexico Department of Transportation Oral History Mitigation Projects
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Shawn Kelley for Paramatrix, under contract with the New Mexico Department of Transportation. The interviews were designed to mitigate adverse effects of various projects, including US 82 (Riley Homestead) Data Recovery Project (Eddy County, NM) and Cambray Bridge Replacement Mitigation Project (Luna County, NM).
Abstract The majority of the photographs relate to New Mexico and its history.
Scope and Content The collection consists of twenty-six letter press books containing about 35,000 copies of typed and handwritten business letters dating 1884-1894 by George L. Brooks. Each volume contains a name index. The letters cover cattle raising and sales of sheep, horses, cattle, and land in New Mexico, Texas, and other western states. Additional subjects include business affairs of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company and other business news of Albuquerque and Socorro during the 1880s and...
Scope and Content The collection consists of two boxes containing contracts, patents, deeds, abstracts, and certificates of land titles, with companies such as the Cloudcroft Land & Lumber Co., the American Lumber Co., and the McKinley Land & Lumber Co., plus original contracts with the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and other railway companies. Correspondence and contracts drawn up by W.A. Keleher, the company attorney are also included, as are letters of Hugo & Lottie V. Seaberg, and...
Abstract Portraits of Gertrude Hill, colleagues, and patrons at work inside the History Library of the Museum of New Mexico, in Santa Fe. Also includes photographs of various landscapes and locales of historical interest around New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hannett. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as mining, railroads, and natural resource conservation. Most of the conservation materials relate to reclamation projects involving the Canadian, Cimarron, San Juan, Colorado, Rio Grande, Gila, and Pecos rivers. Also within the collection are materials concerning the impeachment of Judge Reed Holloman; the removal of George...
Dates: 1925-1927, bulk 1925-1926
Abstract This collection contains former Albuquerque mayor Harry Kinney's personal, family and political papers as well as some of his memorabilia. It also includes records for the organization Americans for Rational Energy Alternatives.
Identifier: AC 072
Scope and Content Collection is made up of a scrapbook containing clippings, letters, photographs, maps and general information on Cloudcroft, White Oaks, and other nearby communities. Also included are two short histories, one on the Eddy Brothers and one on the history of the origin of the name Alamogordo.
Abstract The Long Canyon Ranch Collection is focused on the ranch near Taiban, New Mexico owned by the Herlihy family.
Dates: 1860-2018; Majority of material found in 1910-1929
Abstract The Long Canyon Ranch Pictorial Collection is focused on the ranch in Taiban, New Mexico, but includes other locations traveled to by the Herlihy family.
Dates: 1860-1989; Majority of material found within 1910-1929
Abstract Business records for the Magdalena Stock Driveway Association.
Abstract A collection of 19th century photographs of New Mexico and Texas, mounted on cards, consisting of town views, buildings, and street scenes taken in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Kingston, Chloride, and El Paso.
Abstract This collection contains mostly documents related to affairs of Pueblo Indian communities and schools.
Abstract Ledger detailing shipping manifests for cargo and goods to/from San Antonio, NM and Carthage, NM, and points beyond.
Identifier: AC 171-P
Scope and Content One 1895 list of prisoners incarcerated for contempt of court during the New Mexico railroad stike of 1894. The list contains the names of 17 prisoners transferred from Raton, New Mexico to the Territorial Penitentiary near Santa Fe, and records their period of imprisonment.
Abstract Parametrix conducted the cultural resource survey and mitigation of adverse effects for the BNSF's Second Track Project, near Belen, NM as a major component of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 compliance process. Shawn Kelley, a cultural anthropologist and ethnographer interviewed scores of individuals, recording their oral histories related to the railroad, Abo Canyon, and the surrounding area.
Dates: 2007-2009; Majority of material found within 2008
Abstract The Railroad Photograph Collection contains photographs of trains and train cars, several taken in New Mexico and Los Angeles, California. The images date back to 1904 and include several photographs and information cards about steam engines developed by Baldwin Locomotive Works. The collection also features photographs of many individual passenger cars. The majority of the collection relates to the Atchison, Topeka. and Santa Fe Railway.
Abstract The Robert G. Marmon Papers consist of correspondence, military documents, assorted documents related to the Pueblo of Laguna and surveying books. These materials relate primarily to the life and career of Robert G. Marmon of Laguna, New Mexico.
- Subject: Railroads -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 22
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 8
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Railroads -- New Mexico 9
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- History 5
- Albumen prints 3
- Correspondence 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Photographs 3
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Account books 2
- Cattle trade--New Mexico 2
- Circulars 2
- Letters 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Oral histories 2
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Buildings and Structures -- History 2
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Railroads--New Mexico 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Stereographs 2
- Timber -- New Mexico 2
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Allison, T. L. 1
- Annual reports 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Ballooning -- Hungary 1
- Ballooning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Bandelier National Monument N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Boarding schools--New Mexico 1
- Bridges -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Bridges -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Businesses- New Mexico 1
- Cabinet photographs 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Camping -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Canada -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Carthage (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Cattle brands --- New Mexico -- Bernalillo County 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico--Pictorial works 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico--Pictorial works 1
- Cattle--Transportation--History--Sources. 1
- Chase Ranch (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Chloride (N.M.) 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Clippings 1
- Cloudcroft (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cloudman photograph collection 1
- Coal Strike, Gallup, N.M., 1933 1
- Coal mines and mining -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo County 1
- Coal mines and mining – New Mexico – Socorro County – History 1
- Coal – Transportation 1
- Commercial buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 1
- Dams -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- De Baca County (N.M.) -- History 1
- De Baca County (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Diaries 1
- Diesel locomotives 1
- Eddy County (N.M.) -- History 1
- El Capitan (Express train) 1
- El Morro National Monument (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- El Paso (Tex.) 1
- Electric locomotives 1
- Electric power -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Embudo (N.M.) 1
- Environmental policy -- United States -- Citizen Participation 1
- Estancia (N.M.) -- History 1
- Extradition -- New Mexico 1
- Field notes 1
- Financial records 1
- Fire fighters -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Foot-and-mouth disease--New Mexico 1
- Fort Apache Indian Reservation (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Fort Sumner (N.M.) -- History 1
- Fort Sumner (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Fortification -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Eddy County 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-- New Mexico 1
- Gila River Watershed (N.M. and Ariz.) 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Handbills 1
- Historians -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Historic bridges -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 31
- Undetermined 9
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 6
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 5
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 2
- Andrews, William H. (William Henry), 1842-1919 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1