Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract This collection contains an album with partially identified snapshots of building construction sites from 1919 to 1923. Most of the images are of the construction of the Santa Fe Railroad Car Repair Shop in Albuquerque. Also included are photos of people, landscape, and pueblos in the area around Albuquerque dating to the early 1920’s.
Identifier: AC 487-s
Scope and Content One ledger of the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Company (ATSF) containing ca. 450 pages of payroll information listing payees' names, locations, departments, and pay. Ledger covers the Rio Grande and Pecos railroad areas including parts in Colorado. Payees are generally separated geographically and by departments such as "Mechanical," "Engineers," "Firemen," "Enginemen," "Signal and Telegraph," etc.
Dates: February 1928
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company collection is compiled of plans for the original railroad buildings in Albuquerque, New Mexico, from 1917 through 1925. The plans are copies of layout plans.
Scope and Content The collection consists of twenty-six letter press books containing about 35,000 copies of typed and handwritten business letters dating 1884-1894 by George L. Brooks. Each volume contains a name index. The letters cover cattle raising and sales of sheep, horses, cattle, and land in New Mexico, Texas, and other western states. Additional subjects include business affairs of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company and other business news of Albuquerque and Socorro during the 1880s and...
Abstract This collection contains mostly documents related to affairs of Pueblo Indian communities and schools.
Abstract Parametrix conducted the cultural resource survey and mitigation of adverse effects for the BNSF's Second Track Project, near Belen, NM as a major component of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 compliance process. Shawn Kelley, a cultural anthropologist and ethnographer interviewed scores of individuals, recording their oral histories related to the railroad, Abo Canyon, and the surrounding area.
Dates: 2007-2009; Majority of material found within 2008
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Buildings and Structures -- History 2
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Account books 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- History 1
- Boarding schools--New Mexico 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Indian agents--New Mexico 1
- Land tenure--New Mexico--Santo Domingo Pueblo 1
- Land tenure--Santa Clara Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Livestock--New Mexico 1
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 1
- Oral histories 1
- Payrolls -- New Mexico 1
- Pueblo Indians--Education--History 1
- Pueblo Indians--Land tenure 1
- Railroads -- Yards -- New Mexico -- Design and construction 1
- Railroads Yards -- New Mexico -- Design and construction 1
- Railroads--New Mexico--History 1
- Railroads--New Mexico--history 1
- Railroads--Right of way--New Mexico 1
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 1
- Ranching--West (U.S.)--History--19th century 1
- Sheep industry -- History 1
- Socorro County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Torrance County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Valencia County (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1