Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Abstract The collection consists primarily of reports written by Augustine B. Stoll detailing her work as a public health nurse for the American Red Cross at Santo Domingo Pueblo and on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation in New Mexico.
Dates: 1921-1953; Majority of material found in 1922-1929
Abstract This collection contains records regarding the status of the various missions in northern New Mexico in 1794 as communicated to the Province of the Holy Evangel of Our Holy Father San Francisco of Mexico City.
Abstract This collection consists of archaeological and ethnographic photographs of Cochiti Pueblo, as well as letters, notes, essays, and reference materials gathered and used in Charles Lange’s research/writing.
Dates: 1897-1990; Majority of material found within 1946-1957
Identifier: PAC 031
Scope and Content Collection of approximately 230 images by D.B. Chase or his “operators”. Includes photographs of Santa Fe, Pueblo Indians and miscellaneous New Mexico scenes dated 1884 - 1892.
Dates: 1884 - 1892
Abstract The collection contains recordings of Navajo, Hopi and Pueblo songs, as well as a few Apache, Ute, and Kiowa songs. A major part deals with the history and use of sand paintings, native medicine and star beliefs. There are also Matachines dances, a Los Pastores program and a concert of songs performed by the University of Chihuahua Folkloric group. The collection includes detailed explanations of the selections.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Albuquerque High students, and facilities, many landscapes, and cityscapes, and other photographs mainly dealing with education and geology.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Scope and Content The materials in the collection document Holm O. Bursum's personal life as well as his business and political careers. Correspondence, documents, and news clippings chronicle Bursum's ranching activities, his tenure as warden at the New Mexico State Penitentiary, various election campaigns, Republican Party involvements, and legislative activities. It includes documents relating to the controversial Indian Lands Bill, commonly known as the Bursum Bill. Albert B. Fall, Bronson Cutting and Elfego...
Identifier: AC 036
Scope and Content The collection includes Cassidy's correspondence, manuscripts, and newspaper clippings dealing with Pueblo Indians. Also included are copies of correspondence by Richard Kern, who was an artist on the Fremont Expedition of 1848-49.
Dates: 1921-1961; 1848-49; 1912; 1935-1939
Abstract Photographs of cowboy author John Sinclair, his wife Evelyn, their friends, and various places in New Mexico where they lived, photographed, or that figured in their writings. There are photos related to Sinclair's family in Scotland and ranching activities in the Southwest.
Identifier: PAC 043
Scope and Content This small collection comes from the personal collection of Kenneth Chapman and includes photographs he had taken as well as those he collected for research purposes. Many of the photos were grouped into envelopes and labeled probably by Kenneth Chapman, which have been retained as a group.
Dates: 1885 - 1965; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Collection includes two loosely bound albums containing excellent photographs of Pueblo Indians of New Mexico taken 1936-38 for the U.S. Soil Conservation Service. Collection also contains an aerial view of the Albuquerque Indian School and the first interstate conference for high schools on soil conservation. Personal photos include portraits of Bolles and family, his home and its gardens.
Identifier: PAC 048
Scope and Content This collection exists today becaue of the stewardhship of his daughter Dr. Phyllis Harroun who carefully preserved both negatives and prints. While his activity as a photographer spanned less than ten years, Philip Harroun's pictures are of more than passing interest. He developed a sound compositional eye for both static views and the fleeting things of everyday life. His views of irrigation work during their first development in New Mexico, his accurate reports of Indian dances in motion,...
Dates: 1890 - 1910; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 296-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of 3 typed manuscripts written by Roy A. Keech. "Pagans Praying," a 54pp. manuscript, is a collection of poems describing the ceremonies of the Pueblo people of New Mexico. Included are 2 other manuscripts entitled "More Pagans Praying" and "Painted Pagans Praying." These are poems reflecting the culture of other Native American tribes.
Abstract Photographs documenting the construction and dedication ceremonies at Santa Maria de Acoma, a catholic church and mission at McCartys, New Mexico designed by John Gaw Meem.
Scope and Content The contents of this collection reflect Dr. Witt's concerns for American Indian issues. Series I contains materials that Witt collected while working as a consultant to the Potawatomie, Ottawa, and Chipewa tribes for their cases before the Indian Claims Commission (ICC). The majority of the material in this series relates to docket numbers 18e (Ottawa and Chippewa of Michigan), 18g (Red Lake Band, Chippewa), 29 (Hannahville Potawatomi), 57 (Saginaw Chippewa), 58 (Ottawa and Chippewa of...
Abstract This photograph depicts members of Troop I, First New Mexico Cavalry which chased Geronimo into the Mogollon area in May or June, 1885.
Abstract This collection contains records collected and produced by the Vargas Project, related to the research, writing and publication of the five volume set of the official correspondence (journals) of Diego de Vargas.
Abstract The Ward Alan Minge Papers contain legal and historical documents (depositions, reports, exhibits, legal opinions, translations and transcriptions of Spanish and Mexican era sources, documents from the territorial and modern era) concerning New Mexico’s Pueblo Indians. Correspondences, reports, maps, and articles pertaining to the Pueblos and to various New Mexico historical associations and commissions are also included.
Identifier: PAC 046
Scope and Content This small yet historically significant collection covers a range of Bradfield's photography over his career. While not comprehensive it does touch on many of his areas research and interest. As this collection was disbursed through the subjects files, retrieval of additional Bradfield material will occur over time.
Dates: 1910 - 1929
Identifier: PAC 030
Scope and Content This small collection consists of portraits of New Mexico notables in various formats, sizes and mounted on card stock and stereo views of New Mexico scenes. Stereos include W.H. Brown, Bennett and Brown, and George C. Bennett with duplicates attributed to both. Photographers image number in parenthesis.
Dates: 1866 - 1884; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content The content of this collection is held within ten (I to X) series. Series I contains personal correspondence from all aspects of Zimmerman's life. Series II is made up of official correspondence from his tenure at the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Bureau of Land Management. Series III contains subject files in chronological order, beginning with files which did not have dates. Series IV has information regarding Tribal and Reservation issues, in alphabetical order. The end of...
- Subject: Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 14
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Photographs 10
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico 6
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 5
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 5
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 2
- Cabinet photographs 2
- Legal documents 2
- Letters 2
- Peyotism 2
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 2
- Account books 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Indians -- History 1
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Addresses 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- American poetry - New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Boundary disputes 1
- Building -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- New Mexico 1
- Cavalry -- United States -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Clippings 1
- Cochiti (N.M.) 1
- Cochiti (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Cochiti Indians -- History 1
- Cochiti Indians -- Social life and customs 1
- Cochiti: A New Mexico Pueblo Past and Present 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Contracts 1
- Conveyances 1
- Dakota Indians 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Electioneering -- New Mexico 1
- Estate records 1
- Fort Hall Indian Reservation (Idaho) 1
- Governors -- New Mexico -- Archives 1
- Historic building -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Historic buildings - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Historic sites - New Mexico 1
- Hopi Indians -- Music 1
- Hopi Indians--Land tenure 1
- Hopi Indians--Relocation 1
- Indian Voices 1
- Indian reservations -- United States 1
- Indian women--North America 1
- Indian youth--North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Cultural assimilation 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1934- 1
- Indians of North America -- Medical care 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- Songs and music. 1
- Indians of North America – Social life and customs 1
- Indians of North America-- FishingLaw and legislation 1
- Indians of North America--Civil rights 1
- Indians of North America--Claims Cases 1
- Indians of North America--Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 1
- Indians of North America--Periodicals 1
- Indians of North America--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Indians of North America--Social life and customs 1
- Indians of North America--Treaties 1
- Indians, Treatment of--North America 1
- Insurance companies--New Mexico 1
- Interviews 1
- Irrigation - New Mexico 1
- Jemez Indians -- History 1
- Jemez Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) -- History 1
- Laguna (New Mexico) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico 1
- Legal documents--New Mexico 1
- Legal files 1
- Legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Legislation -- United States 1
- Manuscripts 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Undetermined 4
- Apache languages 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Navajo; Navaho 1
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bennett & Brown 1
- Bennett, G. C., 1846-1915 1
- Bradfield, Wesley, 1876-1929 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1 ∧ less