Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 106
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Abstract The collection consists of 1 roll of tracings of Indian ruins made evidently in 1882 by Adolph Bandelier, and about 34 sheets of varying sizes with 158 individual sketches from his journals, as well as 11 laminated reprints.
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Abstract The American Indian Oral History collection contains recorded interviews with and about Native Americans. There were 904 recordings collected by the University of New Mexico between 1967-1972. The bulk of the interviews contain oral traditions and recollections from Navajos and Pueblos. Transcripts are available for most of the recordings.
Scope and Content This collection is limited to the research notes for Fray Angélico Chavez' work entitled, New Mexico Roots Ltd, 1678-1869 (11 Volumes), 1982 which consist of biographical information gathered from the Diligencias Matrimoniales (DM's) 1678-1869 (Pre-Nuptial Investigations) required by the Catholic Church. Most of the DM's are housed within the Archives of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. The collection consists of twenty-six (26) notebooks of research...
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents and photocopies involving Acoma and Laguna Indian Pueblos in New Mexico. Includes letters and various legal documents. Much of the collection concerns legal disputes between Acoma and Laguna Pueblos over land tenure, boundaries, and water rights. Also within the collection is a 1904 letter to officials at Acoma Pueblo from officials at New Mexico's eight northern Pueblos requesting united opposition among all Pueblos to the New Mexico Supreme Court's...
Dates: 1689-1904 (bulk 1829-1904).
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photographs (cyanotype prints) documenting the construction in 1881-1883 of the Atlantic and Pacific Railway, from Albuquerque, through Arizona, to Needles, Calif. In addition to scenes of railroad construction that include bridges, tracks, and campsites, there are many photographs shot in Albuquerque and the surrounding mountains, a number of these include picnics and outings.
Abstract The collection consists primarily of reports written by Augustine B. Stoll detailing her work as a public health nurse for the American Red Cross at Santo Domingo Pueblo and on the Jicarilla Apache Reservation in New Mexico.
Dates: 1921-1953; Majority of material found in 1922-1929
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Abstract This collection contains records regarding the status of the various missions in northern New Mexico in 1794 as communicated to the Province of the Holy Evangel of Our Holy Father San Francisco of Mexico City.
Abstract The Curtis collection contains a wide variety of recordings including music, programs and interviews. They range from Navajo, Pueblo, Keresan, Laguna and Mescalero Apache and songs and dances, Spanish alabados, Christmas plays, and wedding dances and popular music, to Anglo American fiddle and cowboy tunes and African American gospel music. Also included are some songs from the Cheyenne and Plains Indians, the Tarahumara of Chihuahua, the Indians of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Peru, and a...
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Abstract Cyanotypes by Charles Fletcher Lummis, mostly of N.M. pueblos (especially Isleta), ruins and landscapes. Others were made in Peru, Mexico, and Guatemala.
Dates: 1890-1906, circa 1990s; Majority of material found within 1890-1906
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Abstract This collection consists of archaeological and ethnographic photographs of Cochiti Pueblo, as well as letters, notes, essays, and reference materials gathered and used in Charles Lange’s research/writing.
Dates: 1897-1990; Majority of material found within 1946-1957
Identifier: PAC 031
Scope and Content Collection of approximately 230 images by D.B. Chase or his “operators”. Includes photographs of Santa Fe, Pueblo Indians and miscellaneous New Mexico scenes dated 1884 - 1892.
Dates: 1884 - 1892
Abstract The collection contains selected Spanish documents copied from the Archivo General de Indias and other archives in Spain, the Vatican Library, and U.S. Libraries, with related transcriptions and notes. Mainly focused on the colonial history of New Mexico and New Spain, with some materials for the Caribbean, Latin America, Philippines, and the U.S. Borderlands.
Dates: 1508-1821; Majority of material found within 1521-1780
Abstract The collection contains selected Spanish documents copied from the Archivo General de La Nación and other archives in Mexico City, with related transcriptions and notes. The collection is mainly focused on the colonial history of New Mexico and New Spain, with some materials for the Caribbean, Latin America and the U.S. Borderlands.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Abstract The collection contains recordings of Navajo, Hopi and Pueblo songs, as well as a few Apache, Ute, and Kiowa songs. A major part deals with the history and use of sand paintings, native medicine and star beliefs. There are also Matachines dances, a Los Pastores program and a concert of songs performed by the University of Chihuahua Folkloric group. The collection includes detailed explanations of the selections.
Abstract Collection contains portraits of Dorothy Pillsbury.
Abstract This family photograph album documents a 1903 journey taken by Edgar Forrest Wolfe, his wife, and infant daughter from New Mexico to California.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Albuquerque High students, and facilities, many landscapes, and cityscapes, and other photographs mainly dealing with education and geology.
Abstract This collection contains items written by and about teacher Eldred R. Harrington of Albuquerque, New Mexico, as well as other memorabilia from E. R. Harrington's library and collections.
- Subject: Pueblo Indians X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 72
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 14
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 11
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 5
- Institute of American Indian Arts 2
- UNM Maxwell Museum of Anthropology 2 ∧ less
- Photographs 26
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 15
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 15
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 9
- Pueblo Indians 9
- Photograph albums 8
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 8
- Clippings 7
- Diaries 6
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico 6
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Pueblo Indians--Land tenure 6
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Sound recordings 6
- Conveyances 5
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 5
- Manuscripts 5
- Oral histories 5
- Slides 5
- Water rights -- New Mexico 5
- Account books 4
- Addresses 4
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 4
- Legal documents 4
- Letters 4
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- Navajo Indians 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- History 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 4
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 4
- Provincias Internas (New Spain) -- History 4
- Publications 4
- Reports 4
- Wills 4
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Albumen prints 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Annual reports 3
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 3
- Cyanotypes 3
- Education--New Mexico 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 3
- Indians of North America -- Social life and customs 3
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Land grants--New Mexico 3
- Legal files 3
- Map 3
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- Navajo Indians--Land tenure 3
- New Mexico -- Commerce 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 3
- Postcards 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Antiquities 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Government relations 3
- Pueblo Indians -- History 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Transparencies 3
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma Indians -- History 2
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Administrative reports 2
- Advertising -- New Mexico 2
- Anthropology -- New Mexico 2
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 2
- Articles 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Aztecs -- History 2
- Cabinet photographs 2
- California--History -- to 1846 2
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Church and state -- New Mexico 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Coahuila (Mexico: State) -- History 2
- Colorado -- Pictorial works 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 2
- Contracts 2
- Correspondence 2
- Decrees 2
- El Paso (Tex.) -- History 2
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 2
- Extradition -- New Mexico 2
- Florida--History--to 1821 2
- Forest management--Social aspects--Southwest, New 2
- Franciscans --Missions--New Mexico 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Governors --New Mexico 2
- Guatemala -- Pictorial works 2 ∧ less
- English 102
- Undetermined 23
- Spanish; Castilian 13
- North American Indian languages 3
- Navajo; Navaho 3
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 5
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 4
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 4
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 4
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 4
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 3
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 3
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 3
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 2
- Albuquerque Public Schools 2
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 2
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 2
- Martínez, María Montoya 2
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 2
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 2
- Wood, Nancy C. 2
- Adair, John, 1913-1997 1
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres (U.S.) 1
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Arrowsmith, Rex 1
- Atlantic and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Barnes & Caplin 1
- Bennett & Brown 1
- Bennett, G. C., 1846-1915 1
- Bradfield, Wesley, 1876-1929 1
- Briquet, Abel 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Catron & Catron 1
- Catron, C. C. 1
- Catron, Julia A., 1857-1909 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- College of Santa Fe 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Doris Duke Foundation 1
- Edmister, Grace Thompson, 1890-1984 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Friends of the Pueblo Indians 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Hillers, John K., 1843-1925 1
- Imhof, Joseph, 1871-1955 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- James, George Wharton, 1858-1923 1
- Jenkins, Myra Ellen 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Martinez, Maria 1
- Matthews, Kay 1
- Maude, F. H. (Frederic Hamer) 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Minge, Ward Alan 1
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 1
- Nabokov, Peter 1
- Nabokov, Peter (Title of work: Origin Myth of Acoma Pueblo.) 1
- Nabokov, Peter. (Title of work: Indian Running.) 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Noe, Sally, 1926- 1
- Peter Nabokov. How the world moves: the odyssey of an American Indian family 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs. United Pueblos Agency 1
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Pueblo Agency 1
- University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research 1
- University of New Mexico. University Libraries 1
- Western Writers of America 1
- Witt, Shirley Hill, 1934- 1
- Wolfe, Edgar Forrest 1
- Wroth, James S (James Stewart), 1885- 1 ∧ less