Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 31
Abstract Papers of Albert Curry which contains photographs of New Mexico Agricultural College, now New Mexico State University, and information of the Mesilla Valley Audubon Society.
Dates: 1916 - 1980
Abstract The collection documents people and events relevant to the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico. and by extension, the American G.I. Forum of the United States.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Identifier: UNMA 099
Abstract David Spence Hill served as the president of the University of New Mexico from 1919-1927. The collection contains correspondence with faculty and students, information on campus lands, writings, and scrapbooks.
Identifier: AC 386-p
Scope and Content Collection contains one scrapbook documenting former students of the Melrose, New Mexico School (who were registered between August 31, 1931 and May 20, 1943). The scrapbook was created in 1993 for a class reunion on August 14, 1993. Included in the collection is a short biography and a photograph of Dolores Durnell with New Mexico State Senator Nancy Rodriguez during the 2nd session of the 45th New Mexico legislature, 2002, in which the Senate adopted a resolution honoring Dolores Durnell for...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 105
Scope and Content Collection contains Edgar L. Hewett's personal and business papers and covers the years 1905 to 1947. The folders are mostly in chronological order until Hewett's death in 1946, although the letters are not strictly in order by date. Folders in the later boxes are in alphabetical order by subject matter, and sometimes these are in reverse chronological order. Undated and incomplete letters for any particular period are normally at the end of a folder. Correspondence is arranged...
Abstract Papers and photographs from former Republican New Mexico governor and federal judge Edwin L. Mechem.
Dates: ca. 1950-2004
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Abstract The collection consists of photographs, postcards, photomechanical prints, and a scrapbook, ranging in date from 1910 to circa 1970s. The bulk of the collection is related to France V. Scholes, his family, and his time in Mexico.
Abstract Pamphlets and directories of Las Cruces organizations and a scrapbook of Guy Morris’ time at Ft. Bayard, NM from 1918-1919.
Identifier: PAC 055
Scope and Content The collection was acquired in 1992 (HP.1992.54) and 1993 (HP.1993.11) as gifts from the estate of Harold D. Walter's wife, Mae Walter. It includes several hundred black and white prints and negatives and 35mm color slides of New Mexico and Colorado landscapes and buildings, governors of New Mexico and other individuals. Also includes a scrap book contaning 8x10 b and w silver gelatin prints, all taken in New Mexico, Arizona and Mexico during the January, 1940 re-creation of the Coronado...
Dates: 1936 - 1958; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Personal and professional papers dating from the 1930s of Howard S. Beacham, Otero County sheriff, federal prohibition agent and restauranteur from Alamogordo, NM.
Dates: 1932 - 2001
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, administrative materials and scrapbooks relating to Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc. It documents the organization's participation in civic beautification and environmental education.
Abstract Manuscript and photographs from twelve-year-old Lois Stone Allen from Boston who took a trip with her grandfather to California in 1912.
Scope and Contents note This collection comprises mainly photographs and newspaper clippings as well as some ephemera and correspondence relating to the life and work of the American artist Merina Lujan Hopkins (Pop Chalee). The photographs and newspaper clippings primarily relate to publicity surrounding the "Annie Get Your Gun" tour she participated in with Ed "Natay" Lee in 1950 as well as promotional events the two did on behalf of the Santa Fe Railway in the late 1940s and early to mid-1950s. Additionally, there...
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
Abstract Collection comprises materials relating to Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Abstract Records of the state executive board and individual state chapters for the women's philanthropic association.
Abstract The records document the activities of the UNM New Mexico Alpha Chapter of the Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity in scrapbooks, photographs, slides, newspaper clippings, film, photographic negatives, and event programs.
Abstract Collection consists of a scrapbook which was awarded first prize at the National Federation of Music Clubs convention in 1933.
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 13
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Photographs 28
- Clippings 15
- Letters 5
- Correspondence 3
- Ephemera 3
- Pamphlets 3
- Postcards 3
- Publications 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Diaries 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Yearbooks 2
- (Buffalo, N.Y.) -- Travel 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Account books 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Allen, Lois Stone--Archives. 1
- Allen, Lois Stone. Ismailia or a Young Girl’s Trip to California with Ismailia--Manuscripts. 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Ismailia Temple 1
- Annual reports 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists--California 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--History--Sources. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Directories. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Baseball -- United States 1
- Beacham, Howard S., 1883-1963 --Archives. 1
- Black-and-white negatives 1
- Buildings--Adobe 1
- By-laws 1
- California -- Photographs 1
- Certificates 1
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Children's writings. 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Zuni 1
- City planning--New Mexico--Santa Rosa 1
- Civic improvements -- New Mexico -- Citizen participation 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- Collectibles 1
- College presidents -- New Mexico 1
- College presidents -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- College sports -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Societies, etc 1
- College students –Political activity -- New Mexico – History – 20th century 1
- Color slides 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutions 1
- Contracts 1
- Crime--New Mexico--History--20th century--Sources. 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 1
- Curry, Albert--Archives. 1
- Dance Companies--New Mexico 1
- Dance Costume 1
- Drawing 1
- Dusty Roadrunner (Fictitious character) 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- El Morro National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Eulogies 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Guatemala -- Izabal (Dept.) 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Executive Orders 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Fiction 1
- Folk Dancing, Mexican 1
- Fort Bayard (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Gardening -- New Mexico -- Societies, etc. 1
- Gelatin silver prints 1
- Genealogy 1
- Governors -- Election 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Governors--New Mexico--Biography--Sources. 1
- Governors--New Mexico--History--Sources. 1
- Greek letter societies -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of -- Photographs 1
- Hispanic American veterans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century - Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 30
- Undetermined 8
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1 ∧ less