Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 29
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photographs (cyanotype prints) documenting the construction in 1881-1883 of the Atlantic and Pacific Railway, from Albuquerque, through Arizona, to Needles, Calif. In addition to scenes of railroad construction that include bridges, tracks, and campsites, there are many photographs shot in Albuquerque and the surrounding mountains, a number of these include picnics and outings.
Identifier: PAC 031
Scope and Content Collection of approximately 230 images by D.B. Chase or his “operators”. Includes photographs of Santa Fe, Pueblo Indians and miscellaneous New Mexico scenes dated 1884 - 1892.
Dates: 1884 - 1892
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Albuquerque High students, and facilities, many landscapes, and cityscapes, and other photographs mainly dealing with education and geology.
Abstract This collection primarily contains photographs of church construction, church interiors, church models, religious processions and ceremonies in New Mexico. Video includes images of the 1929 plane crash on Mt. Taylor, New Mexico, California missions, priests and school children in Gallup, New Mexico. Also included are zinc halftone blocks.
Dates: 1917-1983; Majority of material found within 1928-1942
Abstract Collection contains photographic and print portraits of Frank C. Churchill, a group of civil engineers, and unidentified others, including Pueblo Indians. The majority of the photographs are of various pueblos in New Mexico, focusing on views and structures, including the mission churches.
Abstract Portraits of Frank Waters, his family, friends and home; as well as prints of Native Americans, landscapes, and ruins.
Abstract Photographs from the collection of California writer and promoter of the West, George Wharton James. Among these photographs of Native American subjects are views of Southwestern pueblos (Isleta, Laguna, Zuni, Hopi), feasts (St. Stephen's Day at Acoma) and ceremonies (Hopi Snake Dance), and various Navajo subjects (weaving, baskets, dwellings, death). Several photographs show interactions between Native American and Hispanic American or Anglo American peoples on feast days, at ceremonies, and...
Abstract The Harmon Percy Marble Photograph Collection is comprised of photographs primarily of Native American individuals and groups. Photographs focus on Navajo, Hopi, Pueblo, Sioux, and Menominee tribes.
Abstract Photographs of cowboy author John Sinclair, his wife Evelyn, their friends, and various places in New Mexico where they lived, photographed, or that figured in their writings. There are photos related to Sinclair's family in Scotland and ranching activities in the Southwest.
Identifier: PAC 043
Scope and Content This small collection comes from the personal collection of Kenneth Chapman and includes photographs he had taken as well as those he collected for research purposes. Many of the photos were grouped into envelopes and labeled probably by Kenneth Chapman, which have been retained as a group.
Dates: 1885 - 1965; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Collection includes two loosely bound albums containing excellent photographs of Pueblo Indians of New Mexico taken 1936-38 for the U.S. Soil Conservation Service. Collection also contains an aerial view of the Albuquerque Indian School and the first interstate conference for high schools on soil conservation. Personal photos include portraits of Bolles and family, his home and its gardens.
Abstract The collection consists of archaeologist Linda Cordell's research files and data, excavation site plans, correspondence, papers, and conference materials.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1971-2013; 1927-2013
Abstract The collection contains grant proposals, reports, and photographic material relating to needs, training, and projects to improve libraries and library services in indigenous communities, particularly New Mexico Pueblos.
Dates: 1973-1999; Majority of material found within 1975-1977
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Mary Hunter Austin and Native Americans.
Abstract Album contains photographs made in Mexico by A. Briquet and in the Southwestern U.S. by William Henry Jackson. Subjects include: city and village views; railroads in landscapes; dwellings; civic, religious, and commercial buildings; historical sites; occupations (some cartes de visite of street vendors); markets; Precolumbian art; trees and plants.
Abstract The Nancy C. Wood Photograph Collection consists of negatives, contact sheets, slides, loose black-and-white and color photographs of Taos Pueblo, the Ute tribe, small towns in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado. Images of Nancy Wood’s travels to European countries and to Japan are also included. The collection also consists of a small number of personal photographs as well as a small number of photographs taken by Nancy Wood’s husband, Myron Wood.
Dates: 1937-2003; Majority of material found within 1958, 1969, 1976-1979, 1985-1988, 1996-1999, 2003
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
Scope and Content The Frank Waters oral history interviews consist of one master set of thirty-nine (39) professional quality Beta videotapes. The contents of the original tapes are recorded on two sets of thirteen (13) videocassettes for patron use. The set of videocassettes labeled, "Window burn from Beta, camera originals," can be used for editing. Additionally, there are two sets of seven (7) audio cassette tapes of the interviews (one set for patron use), a transcript log, plus a summary log of the contents...
Dates: 1989, September 14-17
Abstract The collection consists of photographs taken at the time of the "Courthouse Raid" incident in Tierra Amarilla, NM. As well as photographs taken in 1977 of Reies Lopez Tijerina, Ubaldo Velasquez, Emilio Naranjo, Moises Morales, Pedro Archuleta, and Tony Anaya. A 2018 addition contains photographs and slides primarily related to the Hunt family and Acoma Pueblo.
Identifier: PAC 048
Scope and Content This collection exists today becaue of the stewardhship of his daughter Dr. Phyllis Harroun who carefully preserved both negatives and prints. While his activity as a photographer spanned less than ten years, Philip Harroun's pictures are of more than passing interest. He developed a sound compositional eye for both static views and the fleeting things of everyday life. His views of irrigation work during their first development in New Mexico, his accurate reports of Indian dances in motion,...
Dates: 1890 - 1910; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The bulk of the collection is made up of material related to the Navajo Indians. It documents Navajo people, reservations, and various projects and programs related to education, health, industrial and resource development, and construction.
Abstract The majority of the collection consists of photographs taken by Roy Rosen during his travels in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. There are also still life compositional studies by Rosen.
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract Photographs documenting the construction and dedication ceremonies at Santa Maria de Acoma, a catholic church and mission at McCartys, New Mexico designed by John Gaw Meem.
Abstract Six (6) photograph albums with captioned or identified photographs by Simeon Schwemberger of Native Americans in New Mexico and Arizona, including views of people, places and events, particularly around St. Michaels, Arizona and Gallup, New Mexico, in the years 1905-1910.
Dates: 1902-1911; Majority of material found within 1905-1910
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 22
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Photographs 24
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 11
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 8
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Photograph albums 5
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 5
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 4
- Slides 4
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 3
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Albumen prints 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 2
- Cabinet photographs 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Colorado -- Pictorial works 2
- Cyanotypes 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Map 2
- Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Navajo Indians -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Photographs 2
- Rodeos -- Pictorial works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Acoma Indians -- History 1
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Acoma Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Aircraft accidents -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors -- Portraits 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Interviews 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Boundary disputes 1
- Building -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Cathedrals -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- California -- Pictorial works 1
- Cattle -- Marking -- Pictorial works 1
- Cavalry -- United States -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) -- Antiquities 1
- Church architecture -- New Mexico - Acoma -- Pictorial works 1
- Church architecture -- New Mexico -- Laguna -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings--New Mexico--Conservation and restoration -- Pictorial works 1
- City and town life -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Cityscape photographs -- Mexico 1
- Clinics -- Arizona -- Many Farms -- Pictorial works 1
- Clippings 1
- Cochiti (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Cochiti (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Collodion printing-out paper prints 1
- Color separation negatives 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cultural property-- Repatriation -- United States 1
- Curriculum Development 1
- Dakota Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Drawing 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Education--Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico--Cirricula 1
- Elections -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Ephemera 1
- Europe -- Pictorial works 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Southwest, New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Excavations (Archaeology)--Southwest, New 1
- Film negatives 1
- Financial 1
- Franciscans -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Pictorial works 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado -- Pictorial works 1
- Grant Writing 1
- Guatemala -- Pictorial works 1
- Hantavirus 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Undetermined 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Adair, John, 1913-1997 1
- Bennett & Brown 1
- Bennett, G. C., 1846-1915 1
- Bradfield, Wesley, 1876-1929 1
- Briquet, Abel 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- James, George Wharton, 1858-1923 1
- Maude, F. H. (Frederic Hamer) 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- Wroth, James S (James Stewart), 1885- 1 ∧ less