Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Abstract The Charles and Jacqueline Meketa papers primarily contain working papers and research files collected and produced during the research for their books and articles related to the Civil War and 20th century New Mexico and Arizona history.
Dates: 1792-1994; Majority of material found within 1860-1990
Abstract Photographs related to Senator Anderson's political career. Also contains some 19th century New Mexican scenes and portraits collected by Anderson.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1946-1975; 1848-1975
Abstract The collection primarily consists of photographs of Clyde Tingley by himself and with others. Photographs document Tingley's personal life and professional role as Governor of New Mexico and Albuquerque City Commissioner. There are also photographs of Carrie Tingley.
Dates: 18??-1953; Majority of material found within 1933-1953
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Abstract Papers and photographs from former Republican New Mexico governor and federal judge Edwin L. Mechem.
Dates: ca. 1950-2004
Abstract The El Hispano News Pictorial Collection is comprised of photographs, halftone images, postcards, negatives, and other pictorial materials from the Albuquerque Spanish-language newspaper, El Hispano News.
Dates: 1938, 1958-2003; Majority of material found within 1958-2003
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Scope and Content The Frank Sanchez Papers contain 13 alphabetically-arranged subject series, plus 4 series based on format of materials (newspapers, oversize, etc.). Researchers should check the format-based series for material relating to the various subject series. The largest series in the papers is "Community Organizing, Strategic Planning" which includes files for numerous organizations and foundations. "Political Activism" is also a significant series, containing most of the political...
Dates: 1951-2008 (bulk 1970-1996)
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Abstract The collection documents Harrison H. Schmitt’s career as NASA astronaut in the Apollo Program and as United States Senator from New Mexico (1976-1982). Correspondence, reports, maps, photographs, research files, press releases, speeches, and photographs comprise the bulk of the collection.
Dates: 1937-1986; Majority of material found in 1964-1982
Abstract The Toulouse Papers contain local, state and national campaign literature from the1970s-2001 includings materials from Democratic National Conventions in 1988, 1992 and 1996. The personal papers cover James R. Toulouse's legal career and Charlotte J. Toulouse's interest in children's rights, rights of the disabled and the elderly as well as environmental issues.
Dates: 1939-2001; Majority of material found within 1969-2001
Abstract The collection contains administrative files, campaign documents, special projects files, photographs, press and media files, scheduling documents, speeches and statements, oral histories, correspondence, legislative research files, and state office files generated in association with Jeff Bingaman’s 30 year tenure as U. S. Senator from New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1982-2012
Abstract Ken Kamerman was the State Senator from the 20th District of New Mexico from 1987 to 1992. A local business administrator heavily involved in civic affairs and Republic Party politics, Senator Kamerman was a principled legislator who advocated against excessive taxation. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and business papers derived from Kamerman’s legislative and professional life.
Dates: 1956-1997; Majority of material found within 1989-1992
Abstract The administrative records of the United Nations Association of the United States of America, Albuquerque Chapter, comprise the core of Margaret Prince's Papers. The collection also documents Prince's involvement of the League of Women Voters and the League of Women Voters' involvement with water issues. The collection also contains material relating to New Mexico Democratic Party politics, anti-Vietnam War activities, and New Mexico soil and water conservation districts.
Dates: 1961-2005; Majority of material found within 1966-1994
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Penitentiary, the Corrections Department, and its predecessors (1884-1990). Some penitentiary records pertain to county and federal inmates. Include are registers of prisoners, visitors, and parolees; annual reports; correspondence; case files; conduct records; medical records; account books; and intake records that usually include an image of the inmate. Intake records are files by inmate number. Includes annual and other reports,...
Scope and Content The collection consists of Ambassador Ortiz’s personal photographs and photographs from his years with the foreign service, including family photos, diplomatic travel and events, publicity photos for political events, embassy interiors, and images of people he met and worked with.
Dates: 1930s - 2005
Abstract Steve Schiff was the US Representative from the First Congressional District of New Mexico from 1989-1998. A member of the Republican Party, he worked to toughen criminal penalties, supported the interests of capital, and advocated for public investment in New Mexico's national laboratories and military installations. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and audio and video derived from the work of Schiff's congressional office.
Dates: 1977-1998; Majority of material found within 1989-1998
Identifier: AC 201
Scope and Content Collection of papers on a wide variety of historical and current topics such as art, architecture, medicine, politices, social programs, and business matters presented by members of the Chili Club at their monthly meetings from 1938 to the present. Also included are a constitution, members’ correspondence, obituaries and memorials, photographs, and other miscellaneous papers.
Abstract The Tom Rutherford Papers contain material relating to his involvement with ballooning, community activism, legal career, political career in the New Mexico Senate (1972-1996) and Bernalillo County Commission (1997-2004).
Dates: 1823-2006; Majority of material found within 1972-2004
Identifier: AC 029
Scope and Content Mexican and Territorial records spanning ca. 1810-1890. Later records and family memorabilia and correspondence. Collection consists of the family papers of the C de Baca, Rudolph, and Sanchez families of Mora County, New Mexico (1875-1949), Mora County documents (1809-1935), and miscellaneous papers. Bulk of the collection covers the years, 1809-1935. Mora County documents consist of: records for land grants, conveyances, and deeds (1809-67); unofficial bound volumes of...
Dates: 1809-1983 (bulk, 1809-1935)
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 15
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- UNM School of Law Library 1 ∧ less
- Photographs 24
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 9
- Clippings 8
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 7
- Letters 5
- Mural painting and decoration 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Elections -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 4
- Reports 4
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 3
- Annual reports 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- Sound recordings 3
- State government records 3
- Women in politics -- New Mexico 3
- Addresses 2
- Correspondence 2
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 2
- Family papers 2
- Juvenile justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 2
- Press releases 2
- Prison riots -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Publications 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Territorial records 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Abstracts 1
- Account books 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico 1
- Agricultural laborers -- New Mexico 1
- Agricultural laborers -- Southwest, New 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Apportionment (Election law) -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Architecture, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Art, Modern 1
- Astronauts -- United States 1
- Atomic bomb -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Ballooning -- Hungary 1
- Ballooning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Bill drafting - New Mexico 1
- Bills 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico – Albuquerque -- Photographs 1
- Case files 1
- Celebrities -- Photographs 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Child welfare -- New Mexico 1
- Community development -- New Mexico 1
- Community health services -- New Mexico 1
- Community organization -- New Mexico 1
- Community organization -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Conchas Lake (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Constitutional conventions -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Contracts 1
- Conveyances 1
- Correctional institutions -- New Mexico 1
- Crinoidea, Fossil 1
- Deeds 1
- Demonstrations -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Diaries 1
- Discharges 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Education, Bilingual -- Southwest, New 1
- Educational equalization -- New Mexico 1
- Educational law and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Educators -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Election districts -- New Mexico 1
- Electioneering -- New Mexico 1
- Emigration and Immigration Law New Mexico 1
- Endowments -- United States 1
- Entertainers -- Photographs 1
- Ephemera 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Ethnic Press -- New Mexico 1
- Eulogies 1
- Executive Orders 1
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Finance, Public - New Mexico 1
- Financial records 1
- Foreign Service of United States 1
- Fortification --New Mexico 1
- Free Trade -- North America 1
- Genealogy 1
- Glass negatives 1 ∧ less
- English 23
- Undetermined 7
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 3
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 2
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres (U.S.) 1
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Bingaman, Jeff 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Chacón, Rafael, 1833-1925 1
- Chaves County Primary Health Care Planning Committee 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Felsenthal, Louis, 1832-1909 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- League of Women Voters of New Mexico 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Meketa, Charles 1
- Meketa, Jacqueline 1
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund 1
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 1
- National Network of Grantmakers (U.S.) 1
- Needmor Fund 1
- New Mexico Community Foundation 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Pfeiffer, Albert H. (Albert Hinrich), 1822-1881 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Sanchez, Frank I., 1950- 1
- Schmidt, Caroline, 1897- 1
- Schmidt, Margaret, 1894-1996 1
- Schmitt, Harrison H. 1
- SouthWest Organizing Project 1
- Southern New Mexico Legal Services 1
- Southwest Voter Registration Education Project (U.S.) 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Tonantzin Land Institute 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- University of New Mexico 1 ∧ less