Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 50
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Abstract The collection contains David Kammer’s accumulated research, notes, and writing pertaining to his work as a cultural and architectural historian. Most of the work relates to State and National Register nominations for properties and districts in New Mexico, and Route 66.
Dates: 1934-2009; Majority of material found within 1990-2008
Abstract The collection focuses on Wolfe’s writings- his LA diary, drafts of screen plays and scripts, film treatments, production proposals, critiques, and material relating to production of the television comedy program, "Laugh-In." The collection also includes clippings, reviews, photos, musical lyrics, and teaching materials.
Dates: 1945-2011; Majority of material found within 1965-2004
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Abstract The VT Fuze is the variable timing fuse developed during World War II and is one of the most significant technological advancements in twentieth-century weaponry. This collection consists of reports, clippings, a DVD containing three videos, and an oral history detailing the testing of the VT Fuze.
Dates: 1944-1998; Majority of material found within 1944-1945
Identifier: AC 568-p
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence of Edna McClellan of New York City to collect money through chain letters to build a home in Washington D. C. for Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, commander of the USS Brooklyn and the “Hero of Santiago” of the Spanish-American War. Collection also contains correspondence between the Admiral and McClellan, legal documents concerning Schley, and a number of newspaper clippings about McClellan and the “Endless Chain” letters. Also part of the collection are...
Dates: 1867-1918; Majority of material found in 1900-1903
Abstract This collection contains the papers of community activists and educators Eduardo Hernández-Chávez and Ysaura Bernal-Enríquez, formerly of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The correspondence, notes, news clippings, flyers, photographs, and other materials papers document their community organizing efforts in New Mexico, as leaders of the Recuerda a César Chávez Committee and the New Mexicans Against Proposition 187, as well as their work on other issues of concern to the greater Chicano/Mexicano...
Abstract Papers and photographs from former Republican New Mexico governor and federal judge Edwin L. Mechem.
Dates: ca. 1950-2004
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Abstract The University of New Mexico's Electrical and Computer Engineering Department was founded in 1906. Throughout the years, the department has grown and inculdes research labs for such things as robotics, hearing aid research and artificial intelligence, as well as the Centennial Science and Engineering library. The bulk of the collection includes meetings and reports from the 1980s, and many photogrphs from the 1960s.
Dates: 1954 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1989
Abstract This collection contains papers from the files of UNM Dance Program founder Elizabeth Hannah Waters. It includes photographs, correspondence, news clippings, material from an exhibit about her life, dance event programs and posters, and a sketchbook.
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Abstract The Emma Moya collection documents the history and people of Old Town Albuquerque and the communities of Atrisco, Barelas, Los Duranes, Martineztown, and related neighborhoods. It also contains her study of Jewish traditions in New Mexico as well as some sketches of local people and places by Joel T. Ramirez.
Dates: 1854-2013; Majority of material found within 1970-1999
Abstract The majority of the photograph album is dedicated to interior and exterior views of the Stedman house at 646 E. Garcia St., Santa Fe (NM), including architectural features, furnishings, and views.
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Gloria Montoya Chavez, a student, administrator, writer, and advocate for Chicano/a and other minority issues. These papers deal with professional, personal, and political struggle within the University of New Mexico’s Chicano Studies and Chicano Student Services, also known as Hispanic Student Services, and in the surrounding community.
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Abstract This collection contains the papers of writer, journalist, literary performer and tarot card reader Georgelle Hirliman, with emphasis on her time in New Mexico. The papers relate to Hirliman’s writing, including The Hate Factory and Dear Writer in the Window, as well as unpublished short stories and manuscripts.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 28
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 9
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- UNM School of Law Library 1
- Taos County Historical Society 1 ∧ less
- Clippings 49
- Photographs 41
- Letters 15
- Scrapbooks 15
- Black-and-white photographs 8
- Correspondence 8
- Ephemera 7
- Mural painting and decoration 6
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- Reports 5
- Sound recordings 5
- Diaries 4
- Genealogy 4
- Map 4
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Family papers 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- Oral histories 3
- Addresses 2
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Annual reports 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Historic preservation – New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Menus 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Newsletters 2
- Newspapers 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Photographic postcards 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Postcards 2
- Programs 2
- Publications 2
- Spanish-American War, 1898 2
- Student movements -- New Mexico 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- Abstracts of title --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Account books 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- American wit and humor 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects and patrons -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists--California 1
- Astrology 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Atrisco (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Barelas (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Baseball -- United States 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Bill drafting - New Mexico 1
- Bills 1
- Bridges – New Mexico 1
- Buildings -- Maintenance 1
- Buildings--Adobe 1
- By-laws 1
- California -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy -- Public opinion 1
- Celebrities--New Mexico 1
- Certificates 1
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Church work with refugees -- New Mexico 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 49
- Undetermined 15
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- American Railway Express Agency 1
- Americans for Indian Opportunity 1
- Arizona Sanctuary Defense Fund 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bernal-Enriquez, Ysaura 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Chavez, Cesar, 1927-1993 1
- Córdova, Nadine 1
- Córdova, Patsy 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- D’Andrea, Patricia 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hernández-Chávez, Eduardo 1
- Kammer, David, Ph. D. 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Martínez, Demetria, 1960- 1
- Meem & McCormick (firm) 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Montoya Chavez, Gloria 1
- Moya, Emma, 1931- 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Rogers, Albert T. 1
- Rogers, Albert T., Jr. 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- San Felipe Neri Church (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- University of New Mexico. Police Department 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1
- Waters, Elizabeth, 1910-1993 1
- Wolfe, Digby 1
- Workman, E. J. (Everly John), 1899- 1 ∧ less