Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Abstract This collection contains records regarding the status of the various missions in northern New Mexico in 1794 as communicated to the Province of the Holy Evangel of Our Holy Father San Francisco of Mexico City.
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Identifier: MSS -607 -BC
Scope and Content This oral history collection consists of thirty-six (36) interviews recorded on thirty-three (33), ninety-minute cassette tapes. There are no transcripts although interview summaries written by Rev. Wargelin are included.Included in the collection is a tape in which Rev. Wargelin recalls an interview that was done in 1985 with artist and illustrator, Hella Shattuck. The collection also contains biographical materials about Hella Shattuck, including photocopies of news clippings from...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: NMU CSWR WPA
Abstract Most of the New Mexico WPA stories were collected among Hispanic and Anglo Americans across the state. They contain folk tales, songs, customs, town histories and biographies of pioneer leaders. Some stories relate to Native American topics; a few materials pertain to African Americans and Chinese immigrants.
Abstract Itinerant photographer throughout the Sacramento Mountain area. The collection contains 345 glass negatives in 4x5, 5x7, and 5x8 formats, 36 mounted prints in 4x6, 5x7, 5x8 and 8x10 formats, and about 700 4x5 copy negatives. Subjects include family and individual portraits, scenes of ranching, farming, logging, railroading, church, school and holiday gatherings. Locations depicted include Agua Chiquita Canyon, Alamogordo, Cloudcroft, Cox Canyon, Curtis Canyon, Elk, Hay Canyon, Lower Peñasco,...
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Abstract The collection consists of three letters written by Louis Sweeny, describing his overland journey from Philadelphia to Silver City, NM, with stops in Denver and Santa Fe.
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Abstract This collection contains the land deed for Sandia Pueblo reflecting its sale to that Pueblo from Pablo Salasar, a typed translation of this deed, and a document from 1830 detailing the assets and debts of Lorenzo Gonzales.
Abstract Collection consists of photographs copied from the Luna Family album.
Identifier: AC 132
Scope and Content The Le Viness Collection consists of ten scrapbooks containing chromologically arranged works written by or about W. T. Leviness; fifteen binders containing periodicals with articles written by Le Viness arranged chronologically by date of publication; and one copy of a publication written by Le Viness entitled "The Life and Works of William Hayley: 1745-1820."
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Woman's Club of Albuquerque from its founding in 1903 until 2010. Included are financial records, minutes of meetings of the executive board, general club membership, and writers department. A large portion of the collection is the Club's scrapbooks detailing its work and community involvement through the years.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the administrative records, research files, and miscellaneous documents of the Work Projects Administration, the Writers' Program and their predecessors in New Mexico. Administrative records (series I, 1935-1943) include correspondence, typescript drafts of proposed sections for a guidebook and various other records. Research files from the Federal Writers' Project in New Mexico (series II-XII, 1909-1971) were created and collected under the direction of State Director...
Dates: 1909-1971 (bulk 1930-1946); (1935-1943); (1930-1942); (1936-1940); (1936-1939); (1909-1939); (1936-1937); (1934-1939); (1936-1938); (1936-1971); (1935-1939); (1936-1946); (1930-1933); (1938-1942); (1938-1941)
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 9
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 11
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 6
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 4
- Photographs 4
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- Oral histories 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Broadsides 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 2
- Diaries 2
- Ephemera 2
- Folklore -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Addresses 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Alabados 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture, Victorian -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Automobiles -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Awards 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- New Mexico 1
- Cattle herding -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 1
- Clippings 1
- Contact prints 1
- Conveyances 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cowboys New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Curiosities and wonders -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Deeds 1
- Deeds -- New Mexico -- Sandia Pueblo 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Espionage -- Great Britain --Biography. 1
- Espionage -- United States --Biography. 1
- Espionage --Great Britain --History --20th century. 1
- Espionage --United States--History --20th century. 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Finnish Americans -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Finnish Americans -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- Finns -- New Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Haciendas -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hillerman, Tony 1
- Hispanic American artists -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American pioneers -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social life and customs 1
- Horses -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian artists -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Interviews 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- Southwest, New 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico -- Sandia Pueblo 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Landscape -- New Mexico 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legends -- West (U.S.) 1
- Letters 1 ∧ less
- English 14
- Undetermined 9
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- French 1
- German 1
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1