Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Identifier: AC 331
Scope and Content Collection consists of Aretas Hyde's memoirs. Memoirs have contemporary reactions to the anti-slavery and abolitionist movement before and during the Civil War. He also comments on the construction of pueblos in New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 076
Scope and Content Collection consists of Chris Emmett's research materials, 1847-1883. Included are typescript excerpts from New Mexican newspapers (primarily from Santa Fe) and from several publications. Excerpts pertain to various New Mexico persons and events in Santa Fe and various other cities. Included is an index to the excerpts created by Emmett.
Scope and Content Collection contains the 18 linear feet of correspondence between Dr. Knowlton, colleagues, students, and publishers. Dr. Knowlton's manuscripts relating to his field of research are included, some of which have been published in professional journals. Professor Knowlton also collected manuscripts written by colleagues and students on subjects relating to Mexican-Americans, Bilingual Education and Native American issues. Also within the collection are 23 linear feet of reports, committee...
Identifier: AC 287
Scope and Content Collection consists of material on AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez. Material includes clippings on his writings; the seminary newsletter Brown and White, which he edited for several years; designs for book title pages; conference and meeting material. Also included in the collection are legal documents relating to the ChÃ¡vez family and the ChÃ¡vez Family Association and two scrapbooks with clippings covering the early career of AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez.
Identifier: MSS -652 -BC
Scope and Content The collection is a collation of research materials on Cundiyo, New Mexico. It contains correspondence among researchers including Paul Kutsche, Joseph E. Weckler, Morris Siegal, and William Skinner, as well as correspondence between researchers and informants. The collection also contains bibliographical citations; typescripts of papers written about Cundiyo; field notes; genealogical information; transcripts of interviews with residents; and a few miscellaneous items. Most of the information...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Identifier: AC 361
Scope and Content Collection consists of nearly all her research materials as well as manuscripts with and without annotations; notes; lecture materials; correspondence; newspaper and journal clippings; book reviews of her books; Federal One, a newsletter of 1930s culture; and other publications. Included are research materials on New Mexico writers, penitentes and religion in New Mexico, materials on many of the Works Project Administration (WPA) projects in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Nathan Howard "Jack" Thorp. The bulk of the collection consists of undated cowboy songs, poems, riddles, and short stories. Included are New Mexican folk songs and documents pertaining to New Mexico saints and feast days. Also within the collection is a letter concerning editing of Thorps manuscripts (1936).
Dates: circa. 1930s
Identifier: AC 163
Scope and Content The New Mexico Federation of Women Clubs [NMFWC] is part of the national organization General Federation of Women's Clubs [GFWC], which supervises state chapters. The regional and local chapters, in turn, reported to the NMFWC. The chapters function under the auspices of the NMFWC, and are largely subject to their constitutions, by-laws and governing principles. In Santa Fe, the club was originally called Woman's Board of Trade and Library Association.
Identifier: AC 393-P
Scope and Content Collection contains letters, some addressed to O.D. Espinoza of Espinoza, Colorado regarding his business and payment of debts; letters to Mrs. O.D. Espinoza regarding family matters and some letters responding to a request she had made asking for monetary donations to build a church. Included are letters from Dr. Bertha C. Day to aMrs. Amanda Garcia regarding medical advice and payment for treatment
Identifier: AC 132
Scope and Content The Le Viness Collection consists of ten scrapbooks containing chromologically arranged works written by or about W. T. Leviness; fifteen binders containing periodicals with articles written by Le Viness arranged chronologically by date of publication; and one copy of a publication written by Le Viness entitled "The Life and Works of William Hayley: 1745-1820."
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Woman's Club of Albuquerque from its founding in 1903 until 2010. Included are financial records, minutes of meetings of the executive board, general club membership, and writers department. A large portion of the collection is the Club's scrapbooks detailing its work and community involvement through the years.
Identifier: AC 363
Scope and Content The Wood Family collection consists of the Owen L. Wood section, the Laura Wood section, and a miscellaneous section. The Owen L. Wood section consists of a very extensive body of correspondence (boxes 1-23; primarily with students and former students from the Allison-James School in Santa Fe), National Guard material, college notes and material, and miscellaneous tax/financial and organization memberships material. Among his papers, were also a set of Spanish-American War letters written by a...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the administrative records, research files, and miscellaneous documents of the Work Projects Administration, the Writers' Program and their predecessors in New Mexico. Administrative records (series I, 1935-1943) include correspondence, typescript drafts of proposed sections for a guidebook and various other records. Research files from the Federal Writers' Project in New Mexico (series II-XII, 1909-1971) were created and collected under the direction of State Director...
Dates: 1909-1971 (bulk 1930-1946); (1935-1943); (1930-1942); (1936-1940); (1936-1939); (1909-1939); (1936-1937); (1934-1939); (1936-1938); (1936-1971); (1935-1939); (1936-1946); (1930-1933); (1938-1942); (1938-1941)
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 15
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 6
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 20
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 5
- Clippings 4
- Diaries 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Account books 3
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 3
- Manuscripts 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Addresses 2
- Broadsides 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 2
- Colorado--Social life and customs 2
- Deeds 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Ephemera 2
- Folklore -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 2
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Women -- New Mexico -- Societies and Clubs 2
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Agriculture - Middle West 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Alabados 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- American poetry 20th century 1
- American poetry West (U.S.) 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sandoval Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Awards 1
- Bartolome Baca Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- By-laws 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Chariot-race from Ben-Hur 1
- Chilili Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Christianity -- New Mexico 1
- Colorado -- Commerce 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Conveyances 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys Poetry 1
- Cowboys Songs and music 1
- Cowboys writings, American 1
- Cundiyo (N.M.) 1
- Cundiyo (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Cundiyo (N.M.) -- Rural conditions 1
- Cundiyo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Decorative Arts, Spanish Colonial--New Mexico 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Education, Bilingual -- New Mexico 1
- Educaton -- New Mexico 1
- Espinosa (Colo.) -- History 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Federal One 1
- Financial records 1
- Folk songs New Mexico 1
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Folklore New Mexico 1
- Folklore-- New Mexico 1
- Fort March (N.M.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - California 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - Illinois 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life West (U.S.) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1 ∧ less
- English 20
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 2
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Woman's Club of Albuquerque (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1 ∧ less