Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 85
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Rencher: documents concerning the supplying of New Mexican militia companies during Rencher's administration. These items are the only extant records in official custody.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hockenhull. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, as well as materials relating to the Rio Grande Compact Commission, the Canadian River Commission, the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933, and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Seligman. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor, public lands, natural resource conservation, and mining, with significant materials on the Gallup Coal Strike of 1933 and extension of the Navajo Reservation. Also within the collection is Seligman's pardon of former U.S. Senator A.B. Fall; many special reports from early New Deal programs in New Mexico; letters to...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hannett. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as mining, railroads, and natural resource conservation. Most of the conservation materials relate to reclamation projects involving the Canadian, Cimarron, San Juan, Colorado, Rio Grande, Gila, and Pecos rivers. Also within the collection are materials concerning the impeachment of Judge Reed Holloman; the removal of George...
Dates: 1925-1927, bulk 1925-1926
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Tingley. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor and natural resource conservation, as well as materials relating to New Mexico land grants, extension of the Navajo Reservation, and the celebration of the 400th anniversary of Coronado's arrival in New Mexico. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in New Mexico, and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Meriwether. Includes three letters received and one proclamation by Meriwether, and the papers of William Messervy and William Watts Hart Davis, both of whom were acting Governors in periods when Meriwether was out of the state. Messervy's papers consist of one proclamation and one letter received, both from 1854. Davis's papers include official letters received and one personal account book.
Some materials in Spanish.
Some materials in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Ross. Includes letters sent and received, a letterpress book, appointments, proclamations and circulars, legislative papers, reports to the Governor, reports from the Governor to the U.S. Secretary of the Interior, expense reports, and penal papers. Materials relating to public lands in New Mexico, taxation of Pueblo Indian lands, conflicts between cattle and sheep interests in Rio Arriba County, construction of a new state...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor C De Baca. Official papers date from 1916-1917 and consist of letters sent and received, his oath of office, resignations, speeches, and a message to the legislature. Private papers date from 1906-1932 and consist of letters sent and received by C De Baca, as well as letters and telegrams received on this death in 1917 and his wife Margarita's death in 1932.
Dates: 1906-1932 (1916-1917)
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 68
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 16
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 53
- Annual reports 38
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 35
- Territorial records 33
- State government records 32
- Proclamations 27
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 26
- Extradition -- New Mexico 23
- Reports 22
- Governors --New Mexico 21
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 21
- Addresses 20
- Minutes (Records) 15
- Clippings 12
- Governors -- New Mexico 12
- Publications 12
- Pardon --New Mexico 11
- Account books 9
- Financial records 9
- Scrapbooks 9
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 7
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 6
- Pardon -- New Mexico 6
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Family papers 5
- Legal documents 5
- Letterpress copybooks 5
- Navajo Indian Reservation 5
- Pardon--New Mexico 5
- Wills 5
- Certificates 4
- Governors--New Mexico 4
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 4
- Legal files 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 4
- Public lands --New Mexico 4
- Bounties --New Mexico 3
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 3
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 3
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 3
- Deeds 3
- Diaries 3
- Education -- New Mexico 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Elections -- New Mexico 3
- Eulogies 3
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 3
- Newsletters 3
- Photographs 3
- Public lands -- New Mexico 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Statehood (American politics) 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- New Mexico -- Gallup 3
- Abstracts 2
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Audits 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Case files 2
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 2
- Conveyances 2
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 2
- Directories 2
- Estate records 2
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2
- Genealogy 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Inventories 2
- Labor -- New Mexico 2
- Labor--New Mexico 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Laws 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Manuals 2
- Map 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939 -- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- New Mexico -- Militia 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- New Mexico --Capital and capitol 2
- New Mexico --Economic conditions 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Petitions 2
- Public lands--New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2 ∧ less
- English 80
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 6
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 4
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 4
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 4
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 3
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 3
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 2
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Tingley, Clyde 2
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- C. de Baca, Margarita 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1 ∧ less