Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 126
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Abstract This collection contains one scrapbook and three folders consisting mainly of newspaper clippings pertaining to the formation of the Progressive Party in New Mexico and the controversy created by a purposed survey to determine the level of racism among high school students, both events occurring in the early 1930s. Also included are some speeches and correspondence of attorney Antonio A. Sedillo who was a member of the Progressive Party.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Abstract This collection is made up of various written materials collected by Dr. Bruce Trigg, M.D., while a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The subject areas include, but are not limited to: WIPP, environmental issues, local and national Green Party political activities and candidates, and Central America.
Abstract This collection contains writings from and materials relating to the Chicano activist, Carlos Cansino. Cansino was active with the Los Duranes Community Improvement Association in Albuquerque and La Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, as well as Chicano organizing in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas.
Dates: 1966-2011 (bulk 1966-1970)
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Abstract This collection contains correspondence and personal papers of George F. Ellis, manager of the Bell Ranch from 1947-1970, general and subject correspondence files (1944-1945) of former manager Albert K. Mitchell, and records from the Bell Ranch, 1929-1970.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 84
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 31
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 9
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- New Mexico Tech Joseph R. Skeen Library 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 88
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 71
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 46
- Annual reports 44
- State government records 42
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 37
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 36
- Territorial records 36
- Proclamations 35
- Reports 29
- Extradition -- New Mexico 27
- Addresses 24
- Governors --New Mexico 24
- Minutes (Records) 20
- Clippings 18
- Governors -- New Mexico 16
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 15
- Publications 15
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 13
- Pardon --New Mexico 12
- Account books 11
- Financial records 11
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 11
- Scrapbooks 11
- Pardon -- New Mexico 9
- Photographs 9
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 9
- Wills 8
- Legal documents 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Diaries 6
- Family papers 6
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 6
- Certificates 5
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Elections -- New Mexico 5
- Letterpress copybooks 5
- Navajo Indian Reservation 5
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 5
- Pardon--New Mexico 5
- Broadsides 4
- Conveyances 4
- Deeds 4
- Governors--New Mexico 4
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 4
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 4
- Legal files 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History, Military 4
- New Mexico -- Militia 4
- Orders (military records) 4
- Press releases 4
- Public lands --New Mexico 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 4
- Anapra (N.M.) 3
- Bounties --New Mexico 3
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 3
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 3
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 3
- Education -- New Mexico 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Eulogies 3
- Inventories 3
- Land titles -- New Mexico 3
- Legislators -- United States 3
- Map 3
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 3
- Natural resources--New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 3
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Newsletters 3
- Newspapers 3
- Public lands -- New Mexico 3
- Statehood (American politics) 3
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- New Mexico -- Gallup 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 3
- World War, 1914-1918 3
- Abstracts 2
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Audits 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Budgets 2
- Case files 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 2
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 2
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 2
- Correspondence 2
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 2
- Decrees 2
- Directories 2
- Ephemera 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Estate records 2
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2 ∧ less
- English 113
- Spanish; Castilian 8
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 8
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 6
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 5
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 4
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 4
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 4
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 4
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 2
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Tingley, Clyde 2
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Ellis, George F. 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lane, Rose Wilder, 1886-1968 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- New Mexico Cattle Growers Association 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1846-1847 : Bent) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less