Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Scope and Content Boxes 1-3 of this collection contain correspondence. The material is arranged chronologically. There are letters relative to the organization of the committee in New Mexico as well as the national committee, political patronage issues with specific instances, letters of thanks to donors, requests from New Mexico precinct leaders and committee chairman for voters and tax payers lists, letters reporting on voting irregularities, and other issues. Correspondence with New Mexico representatives in...
Dates: 1916-1955 (bulk 1916-1936)
Abstract This is a collection of correspondence, photos, newspaper clippings and articles about Elfego Baca as retained by his family after his death and collected in subsequent years. They provide a view of Baca’s political, business and family life beyond the well-known 1884 gunfight in Socorro County.
Abstract The El Hispano News Pictorial Collection is comprised of photographs, halftone images, postcards, negatives, and other pictorial materials from the Albuquerque Spanish-language newspaper, El Hispano News.
Dates: 1938, 1958-2003; Majority of material found within 1958-2003
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of Governor Vigil. Includes proclamations and letters sent and received. Most of the letters received are from the following Prefects of New Mexico counties: Francisco Sarranco (Bernalillo), Francisco Sandoval (Santa Ana), Manuel Antonio Baca (San Miguel), Salvador Lucero (Rio Arriba), and Vicente Martinez (Taos).
Partial finding aid.
Partial finding aid.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Munroe: one proclamation announcing a constitutional convention in New Mexico. This item is the only extant record in official custody.
Abstract The Joseph M. Montoya Pictorial Collection preserves a set of filmed activities of Senator Montoya's political career.
Dates: 1960s - 1970s
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents, translations, and photostats primarily concerning people and events in New Mexico and Mexico. Documents on New Mexico include a 1681 journal of Antonio de Otermin relating to the Pueblo Revolt of 1680; a photostat of a 1710 royal decree by the Duke of Albuquerque suppressing a bible printed in London; and the report of a 1749 investigation by Governor Tomas Velez de Cachupin regarding French incursions into Taos, New Mexico. English translations...
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Abstract This collection contains papers and memorabilia from various members of the Ortiz y Pino family, including Pedro Bautista Pino, and Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven.
Dates: 1696-1984; Majority of material found in 1975-1984
Scope and Content This collection consists of three topical segments: Katherine Stinson's aviation career, Miguel Otero's political and legal career, and collected papers and manuscripts of his father Governor Miguel A. Otero, all ranging from the mid 1850s to 1985. The core of the collection are the correspondence files of Otero and Stinson and of Gov. Otero (Boxes 1-6). While Gov. Otero's papers are separated from Otero-Stinson's (Box 6), it was too difficult to separate Katherine Stinson's correspondence from...
Scope and Content Collection consists of New Mexico historical documents from the 19th century and the first decade of the twentieth century (1803-1910). Included in the collection are some of Governor Manuel Armjio's papers pertaining to the Texas invasion and political matters (1843-1848); a report by James Maloy concerning the theft of animals by the Mimbres Apaches (1870); an apologia from Culiacan, Sonora (1826); an official Mexican circular concerning education; several receipts and invoices from various...
Abstract Steve Schiff was the US Representative from the First Congressional District of New Mexico from 1989-1998. A member of the Republican Party, he worked to toughen criminal penalties, supported the interests of capital, and advocated for public investment in New Mexico's national laboratories and military installations. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and audio and video derived from the work of Schiff's congressional office.
Dates: 1977-1998; Majority of material found within 1989-1998
Identifier: AC 223
Scope and Content This box contains longhand transcriptions of the original Spanish minutes of the Mexican legislative sessions in Santa Fe for a large part of the Mexican period of New Mexico. One session recorded in the folders was held on August 8, 1846 [Folder 19], and records the body's consternation at the invasion of United States forces numbering 5,000 marching upon the capitol city.
Abstract This collection contains records collected and produced by the Vargas Project, related to the research, writing and publication of the five volume set of the official correspondence (journals) of Diego de Vargas.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 10
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Clippings 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 3
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Broadsides 2
- Governors --New Mexico 2
- Letters 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- Newspapers 2
- Orders (military records) 2
- Photographs 2
- Proclamations 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Territorial records 2
- Translations 2
- Wills 2
- Account books 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico – Albuquerque -- Photographs 1
- Celebrities -- Photographs 1
- Central America--Description and travel 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Conveyances 1
- Correspondence 1
- Courts -- New Mexico 1
- Decrees 1
- Deeds 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.)--History 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Elections--New Mexico--Statistics 1
- Entertainers -- Photographs 1
- Ephemera 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Estate records 1
- Ethnic Press -- New Mexico 1
- Eulogies 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Governors -- New Mexico -- Archives 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of -- Pictorial works 1
- Guanajuato (Mexico) -- History 1
- Hispanic American Newspapers -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans - New Mexico - History 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Land tenure -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Tierra Amarilla -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Tierra Amarilla -- Sources. 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico -- Tierra Amarilla Region -- History. 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Archives 1
- Map 1
- Martinez, Elmer, 1933 - 1
- Medicaid fraud 1
- Medicare fraud 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- Mexican Archives of New Mexico. -- English. -- Selections 1
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- Texas 1
- Mexico -- History 1
- Mexico -- History -- Spanish colony, 1540-1810 1
- Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government 1
- Mexico – History --17th Century -- Sources 1
- Motion pictures -- United States 1
- Murder -- New Mexico -- American Valley 1
- Negatives (Photographs) 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 17th century 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and Government -- 20th Century -- Photographs 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and Government --17th century--Sources 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- New Mexico --Discovery and exploration--Spanish 1
- New Mexico State Fair 1
- New Spain -- Politics and government – 17th century -- Sources 1
- Payo de Nuevo Mexico 1
- Petroglyph National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Photostats (TM) (copies) 1
- Pictorial works 1
- Political activists -- New Mexico. 1
- Political campaigns--New Mexico 1
- Political conventions--New Mexico--History 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Undetermined 8
- Chinese 1
- Japanese 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Dissette, Mary E. 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1