Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Price. Includes one letter from Price to Manuel Vigil giving permission to search for livestock lost during the Taos Revolt of 1847; one letter to Price from Padre Antonio Jose Martinez requesting clemency for participants in the Taos Revolt; and one photograph of a letter sent by Price to an unknown recipient. Only the letter from Price to Vigil was microfilmed in the Territorial Archives of New Mexico; the other documents in this collection...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of business records of the Historical Society of New Mexico and a broad range of historical documents. The business records include annual and biennial reports, and vouchers for the purchase of materials by the Historical Society of New Mexico. Most of the historical documents relate to political, military, and religious matters in New Mexico from the seventeenth to twentieth centuries. Includes an 1822 judgement by Cabildo president Manuel Baca quieting title to...
Dates: 1685-1930 (bulk 1830-1920)
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents, translations, and photostats primarily concerning people and events in New Mexico and Mexico. Documents on New Mexico include a 1681 journal of Antonio de Otermin relating to the Pueblo Revolt of 1680; a photostat of a 1710 royal decree by the Duke of Albuquerque suppressing a bible printed in London; and the report of a 1749 investigation by Governor Tomas Velez de Cachupin regarding French incursions into Taos, New Mexico. English translations...
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Identifier: AC 318-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of six New Mexico documents from the Mexican period: circular from the Secretary of State signed by Jose Pablo Gallegos; roster of persons elected to the General National Congress signed by Juan Bautista Vigil; letter of reprimand signed by Jose Gonzalez; letter signed by Jose Gonzales (Revolutionary Governor); letter from Jose Miguel Sanchez to New New Mexico Governor, Donaciano Vigil; a decree from the President of the United States of America to Mexico with provisions of...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Office of the State Treasurer (1955-1974) and its predecessor the Office of the Territorial Treasurer (1849-1911). State records include ledgers, proceedings of financial and investment boards, and administration files. Territorial records include administrative correspondence, annual reports, journals, and ledgers.
Partial finding aid.
Partial finding aid.
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Auditor and its predecessors the Auditor and Territorial Auditor (1846-1998). Territorial records (1846-1912) include annual reports, administrative correspondence, financial records documenting court expenses and payments for bounties, reports on indigents and orphans, bonds for sheriffs and tax collectors bonds, and records of equalization taxes and rebates. Statehood records (1912-1998) include annual reports, and audit...
Abstract This collection contains papers and memorabilia from various members of the Ortiz y Pino family, including Pedro Bautista Pino, and Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven.
Dates: 1696-1984; Majority of material found in 1975-1984
Scope and Content Collection consists of New Mexico historical documents from the 19th century and the first decade of the twentieth century (1803-1910). Included in the collection are some of Governor Manuel Armjio's papers pertaining to the Texas invasion and political matters (1843-1848); a report by James Maloy concerning the theft of animals by the Mimbres Apaches (1870); an apologia from Culiacan, Sonora (1826); an official Mexican circular concerning education; several receipts and invoices from various...
Identifier: AC 229
Scope and Content Collection consists of typed English translations of selected documents from Series I and II of the Spanish Archives of New Mexico. Series I consists of land records, and Series II consists of government documents. For most of the documents, the W.P.A. translator is not identified.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of historical documents concerning New Mexico history. Series I consists of three documents involving Father Antonio Jose Martinez of Taos, New Mexico: the 1827 will of his father Antonio Severino Martinez; a brief autobiography of Antonio Jose Martinez published in 1838; and an 1859 proclamation by Antonio Jose Martinez documenting conflicts between himself and Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy. Series II consists of papers of the Gonzales family of Taos, New...
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 5
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 10
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 8
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 7
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 6
- Account books 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- Wills 5
- Annual reports 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- Orders (military records) 4
- Reports 4
- Conveyances 3
- Diaries 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History, Military 3
- State government records 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Family papers 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Legal documents 2
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Militia 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Newspapers 2
- Taxation -- New Mexico 2
- Territorial records 2
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Articles 1
- Audits 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Broadsides 1
- Celebrities --New Mexico 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Citizenship papers 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Clippings 1
- Courts -- New Mexico 1
- Cowboys --Poetry 1
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Decrees 1
- Deeds 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Discharges 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Drought relief -- New Mexico 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Ephemera 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Eulogies 1
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 1
- Finance, Public --New Mexico 1
- Financial records 1
- Flood control -- New Mexico 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 1
- Fortification --New Mexico 1
- Fraud --New Mexico 1
- Government records 1
- Governors --New Mexico 1
- Governors --New Mexico. 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of -- Pictorial works 1
- Guanajuato (Mexico) -- History 1
- Indians of North America --New Mexico--Wars 1
- Inquisition -- Mexico 1
- Inventories 1
- Investments --New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Irrigation districts -- New Mexico 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- San Miguel del Vado 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Legal files 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Membership lists 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico 1
- Mexico - History - 1821-1848 1
- Mexico - Politics and government - 1821-1848 1
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- Texas 1
- Mexico -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Mexico -- History 1
- Mexico -- History -- Spanish colony, 1540-1810 1
- Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government 1
- Microfilms 1
- Military registers 1
- Muster rolls 1
- Navajo Indians -- History -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico -- Colonization 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 15
- English 12
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1