Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 39
Abstract Collection consists primarily of administrative records and program materials of the Alliance for Innovation in Science and Technology Information (AISTI).
Abstract Records of a Las Cruces ladies service club. Includes correspondence, financial records, minutes, newsletters, scrapbooks and clippings and organizational material which contains by-laws, binders, mailing lists, membership card, seals and lists, President's reports, manuals and workshops, yearbook and information from Altrusa International and District Ten.
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, business records, and other assorted items pertaining to Dr. Charles A. Brown and family, who resided in Colorado and New Mexico in the late 1800s.
Identifier: AC 612-P
Scope and Content The collection contains paperwork pertaining to Reinecke's service in the Civilian Conservation Corps during 1937, including correspondence, reports, orders, supply inventories and memos.
Dates: 1926 - 1937; Majority of material found in 1936 - 1937
Abstract Papers, images and audio-visual material relating to New Mexico and its history, as well as the book in New Mexico.
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence and other papers pertaining to Charles Francis Clarke, British immigrant-turned-pioneer on the Western frontier. Most correspondence in this collection pertains to Clarke, his wife Mary, and his parents in England. This correspondence details pioneer life and newsworthy events of the early- and mid-1800s from the perspective of an immigrant family and enlisted man.
Dates: 1847-1914 (bulk 1848-1971)
Abstract Clarence Herrick was the second president of the University of New Mexico from 1897-1901. The collection consists primarily of correspondence from Herrick's time at UNM.
Abstract The collection includes correspondence of Clyde and Carrie Tingley, as well as material related to the City of Albuquerque, Carrie Tingley Hospital, and the New Mexico State Fair. Materials focus on Tingley’s time as Mayor/Chairman of the City of Albuquerque and Governor of New Mexico.
Dates: 1856-1959; Majority of material found within 1935-1955
Abstract The collection contains the research and manuscript of Dan D. Chavez for his book on Soledad Chacon. Included are documents related to her and her family, letters to her, and an interview with her daughter, Lena Ward. There are also materials by and about the writer, Felipe M. Chacon, a relative of Soledad. Further, it has annotated lists of New Mexico political and judicial officials researched by Chavez. In addition, the collection has some of Chavez's preliminary work on Octaviano Larrazolo...
Dates: 1872-2016; Majority of material found within 1970-1999
Abstract David Ross Boyd served as the president of University of New Mexico from 1912-1919. This collection consists mostly of letters between Boyd and UNM faculty members.
Identifier: UNMA 099
Abstract David Spence Hill served as the president of the University of New Mexico from 1919-1927. The collection contains correspondence with faculty and students, information on campus lands, writings, and scrapbooks.
Abstract This collection contains the archives of the Desert Review Press, publisher of Desert Review, Penny Poetry Sheet, A Poetry News Letter, and AHORA. Included are manuscripts, correspondence, publications, and broadsides.
Dates: 1962-1982; Majority of material found in 1963-1975
Identifier: AC 574
Scope and Content Collection contains material associated with a 1976 trail ride commemorating the original 1776 Dominguez y Escalante Expedition trail through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. This material documents the preliminaries and life on the trail through diaries, journals, and newspapers.
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence from E. A. Graves, Indian Agent, to Governor and Superintendent of Indian Affairs for New Mexico Territory, David Meriwether. Most letters inform Meriwether of situations with the Utahs, Navajos, and Apaches, and seek advice or action on the part of the Governor.
Abstract Edward Gray became president of the University of New Mexico in April 1909. His collection contains primarily correspondence between Gray and UNM faculty members.
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
HABS Photographs and Documentation of St. Anthony’s Orphanage Classroom-Dormitory, Auditorium, and Chapel
Abstract The collection consists of 36 black and white photographs of St. Anthony’s Orphanage in Albuquerque, NM. Photos document the classroom-dormitory, auditorium, and chapel additions to the original structure. Also included is an index to the photos, an historical narrative, and correspondence regarding HABS documentation.
Dates: 1930-1989; Majority of material found within 1988-1989
Abstract This collection is comprised of the typed transcription of a series of letters written by James Gillespie Hamilton to his wife, Cornelia Bernard Hamilton during an overland trip from Westport, Missouri to California; August 26, 1857-April 15, 1858. Letters are copied and typed by his granddaughter, Katherine Jones Moore, and prefaced with a brief family history.
Dates: 1857 August 26-1858 April 15
Abstract This collection contains papers of Jane C. Sanchez, a historian and playwright in New Mexico. The materials relate to her research primarily regarding land grants, colonial history, Spanish and Mexican law, and storylines for theatrical and movie productions.
Dates: 1663-2004; Majority of material found within 1966-2004
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Father Julius Hartman, a Catholic priest in New Mexico. The materials relate to his work and life during his service at various New Mexican parishes and Catholic institutions.
Dates: 1879-1985; Majority of material found within 1910-1969
Letters to Wells Brothers (Coffeyville, Kan.) regarding the purchase and shipment of butter and eggs
Abstract Collection consists of incoming letters to Wells Brothers, wholesale purveyors of butter and eggs, in Coffeyville Kansas from a variety of businesses in New Mexico, Arizona, Indian Territory, and Texas. A few letters are from businesses in Louisiana, Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Montana, and Washington. Letters relate to orders for goods.
Abstract Correspondence of a mercantile company, Loewenstein, Strousse and Co. from Mora, New Mexico.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 29
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Correspondence 27
- Letters 9
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 9
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 8
- Clippings 7
- Photographs 6
- School lands -- New Mexico 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- New Mexico -- Education -- 20th century 4
- New Mexico -- History 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 4
- Diaries 3
- Oral histories 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--West (U.S.) 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- Sources 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Education -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 2
- Periodicals 2
- Pioneers--West (U.S.)--Correspondence 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Academic libraries 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Ahora 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- Altrusa Club of Las Cruces--Records and correspondence. 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- American literature 1
- Apache Indians--History--19th century 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Associations, institution, etc.—New Mexico—History—Sources. 1
- Authors and Publishers -- United States -- History -- 20th Century -- Sources 1
- Boarding schools -- New Mexico 1
- Books - New Mexico - History 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Butter trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- By-laws 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- California -- Social conditions -- 19th century 1
- Card files 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico 1
- Cattle trade--New Mexico 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Church and state -- New Mexico 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Civil law – America -- Sources. 1
- College presidents -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- College students –Political activity -- New Mexico – History – 20th century 1
- Contracts 1
- Criticism 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- History 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- Periodicals 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- De Baca County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Desert review 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Education in New Mexico 1
- Egg trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Elections -- New Mexico -- History. 1
- Ephemera 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Field notes 1
- Financial records 1
- Folk music--New Mexico 1
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 1
- Food industry and trade -- Arizona 1
- Food industry and trade -- New Mexico 1
- Food industry and trade -- Texas 1
- Fort Clark (Tex.)--History 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) -- History 1
- Fort Duncan (Tex.)--History 1
- Fort Fillmore (N.M.)--History 1
- Fort Sumner (N.M.) -- History 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Colorado -- Bonanza 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Doña Ana County 1
- Frontier and pioneer life-- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--California 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1
- Fur trade 1 ∧ less
- English 37
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Undetermined 3
- German 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 2
- Abbott, Ward T., 1945-2008 1
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Boyd, David Ross, 1853-1936 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Chavez, Dan 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clarke, Charles Francis, 1827-1862 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Egri, Ted, 1913- 1
- Gray, Edward Dundas McQueen, 1854-1932 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Mandelman, Beatrice 1
- Mandelman-Ribak Foundation 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Nichols, John Treadwell, 1940- 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Ribak, Louis, 1902-1979 1
- Rynerson, William Logan 1
- Sanchez, Jane C. 1
- Stover, Elias Sleeper, 1836-1927 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Pueblo Agency 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1 ∧ less