Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Identifier: AC 070-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of material related to Dyer's involvement in the Taos Revolt.
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 574
Scope and Content Collection contains material associated with a 1976 trail ride commemorating the original 1776 Dominguez y Escalante Expedition trail through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. This material documents the preliminaries and life on the trail through diaries, journals, and newspapers.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Abstract This collection is comprised of two leather-bound ledgers of Dr. Finis Ewing Kavanaugh, merchant, sutler and physician attached to military posts at Fort Fauntleroy/Fort Lyon and Cubero, New Mexico.
Abstract This collection documents the life and career of anthropologist, Frances Léon Quintana, in the Southwest, mainly between 1960 and 1999. The collection consists of published and unpublished works, field notes, lecture notes, project proposals and reports, general and project correspondence, biographical and job-related materials, political petitions, statements, testimonies, and some news clippings.
Dates: 1705-2012; Majority of material found within 1960-1999
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of business records of the Historical Society of New Mexico and a broad range of historical documents. The business records include annual and biennial reports, and vouchers for the purchase of materials by the Historical Society of New Mexico. Most of the historical documents relate to political, military, and religious matters in New Mexico from the seventeenth to twentieth centuries. Includes an 1822 judgement by Cabildo president Manuel Baca quieting title to...
Dates: 1685-1930 (bulk 1830-1920)
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Alvarez's business, consular, and personal correspondence. Correspondents include numerous officials, customers, merchants, and suppliers in New Mexico, St. Louis, New Orleans, New York, and London. Subjects discussed include the Santa Fe Trail, trade relations between the United States and New Mexico, and New Mexico politics and statehood. Items of note are five Alvarez ledgers (1834-1855), a journal of campsites along the Santa Fe Trail, a partial English copy...
Abstract The collection primarily contains scrapbooks, journals, and writings of a more personal and non-academic nature. Correspondence relates to personal as well as academic topics.
Abstract This collection contains primarily teacher diaries from the 1935-1942 Nambe community school and San Jose Demonstration School projects. Most diaries contain student rosters, lesson plans, assignments, exams, grades, student projects (texts & drawings), flyers from contemporary organizations, as well as occasional photos, personal correspondence, notes on student behavior ("character sketches"), and student living conditions within the communities of Nambe village (not Nambe the Native...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Office of the State Treasurer (1955-1974) and its predecessor the Office of the Territorial Treasurer (1849-1911). State records include ledgers, proceedings of financial and investment boards, and administration files. Territorial records include administrative correspondence, annual reports, journals, and ledgers.
Partial finding aid.
Partial finding aid.
Scope and Content Collection consists of civil land records of the Spanish and Mexican period governments of New Mexico, and materials created by the Surveyor General and Court of Private Land Claims during the process of adjudication. Includes petitions for land grants, land conveyances, wills, mine registers, records books, journals, dockets, reports, minutes, letters, and a variety of legal documents. Also within the collection is the Vigil Index, an inventory of the documents in the custody of Donaciano...
Abstract The collection contains military journals and account ledgers, maps, letters and other correspondence, photographs, an engraving and personal papers related to the military career and personal life of United States Army Major General William Denison Whipple.
Dates: 1853-1865; Majority of material found in 1853-1865
Identifier: AC 059
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten manuscripts of "El Gringo" and "The Spanish Conquest of New Mexico," a handwritten transcript of Don Antonio de OtermÃn's journal of 1681 to 1692, and three 1904 letters from Davis to L. Bradford Prince concerning the donation of these materials to the Historical Society of New Mexico. The OtermÃn journal was copied from the original during Davis's tenure as Secretary of New Mexico, and includes descriptions of the Pueblo revolt of 1680 and attempts by the...
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 5
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 9
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Account books 4
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 3
- Clippings 3
- Letters 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Map 3
- Publications 3
- Reports 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Alabados 2
- Americans --Mexico 2
- Annual reports 2
- Correspondence 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Petitions 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Translations 2
- Wills 2
- Apache Indians--History--19th century 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Bilingualism 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Broadsides 1
- Certificates 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Community and school 1
- Community schools -- New Mexico -- Nambe 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Conveyances 1
- Cubero (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Cubero (N.M.)--History 1
- Decrees 1
- Dockets 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Experimental methods -- History 1
- Education, Bilingual -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Education, rural -- Social aspects -- New Mexico 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Ethnohistory -- Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology -- Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology --Andes Region 1
- Ethnology --Southwest, New 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) --New Mexico 1
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 1
- Feminism 1
- Finance, Public --New Mexico 1
- Fort Clark (Tex.)--History 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) -- History 1
- Fort Duncan (Tex.)--History 1
- Fort Fillmore (N.M.)--History 1
- Fort Wingate (N.M.) 1
- Franciscans --Missions--New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1
- General stores--New Mexico--Cubero 1
- Gila River (N.M. and Ariz.)--History 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian agents--Colorado 1
- Indianola (Tex.)--History 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Inquisition -- Mexico 1
- Investments --New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- San Miguel del Vado 1
- Land titles --Registration and transfer--New Mexico 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Legal documents 1
- Merchants --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Merchants--New Mexico 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 --New Mexico 1
- Mexico -- History -- 19th century 1
- Mexico --History--To 1810 1
- Military history 1
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources --Peru 1
- Multicultural education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Multiculturalism 1
- Nationalism and education 1
- Navajo Indians -- History -- 19th century 1
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 10
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1