Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 58
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 004
Scope and Content Antonio Armijo's ledger contains the dry goods accounts for various people, 1899-1902. Each entry gives the person's name, items purchased, amount owed, and when the account was paid. Also inlcuded is an alphabetical index by surname. The ledger book is in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 493
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence, expense books, and legal documents of Augusta and Charles Probst. It includes documentation of Augusta (Mecke) Probst's properties in Rüdershausen, Germany, and records of their Santa Fe, New Mexico, businesses. Miscellaneouls items include two 1940s photo negatives of a Santa Fe building
Identifier: AC 629-p
Scope and Content Receipt for purchase of rice and coffee, dated May 31, 1859.
Identifier: AC 022-S
Scope and Content Record book contains invoices from various businesses in the eastern United States, New Mexico, and Texas, 1901-1907. Also included is an alphabetical index of business names.
Dates: 1901 - 1907
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Abstract The collection contains photographs of the Ilfeld family.
Scope and Content The collection contains records of the Charles Ilfeld Company including correspondence, ledgers, receipts and invoices, inventories, and advertisements. It is divided into three series: correspondence, account books and ledgers, and records of other businesses. The correspondence, 1867-1903, contains letters received and letters sent, both arranged chronologically, and consisting mostly of orders placed with the company. These are followed by copies (Copy Books) of remittance letters and...
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Identifier: AC 050
Scope and Content One daybook of the Cook and Shaw Co. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes daily entries of transactions such as sales, bills, and credits with customers identified by name.
Abstract This collection is composed of Dalton C. Bergan's research notebooks, photocopied material and note cards on Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell and François Xavier Aubry. Bergan used some of this material to write a book on Aubry.
Abstract The majority of this collection is the business, legal, and personal correspondence of E. L. Moulton from 1910-1958.
Dates: 1910-1965; Majority of material found in 1912-1958
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Emiterio Rivera. Professional papers include promissory notes, coupons, advertisements, and receipts from several businesses in Santa Fe. Personal papers include deeds and land conveyances for properties in Santa Fe, and three financial documents of Asociacion Confraterny de la Santisima Trenidad recording costs and payments in 1893, 1894, and 1898.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Abstract This collection is comprised of two leather-bound ledgers of Dr. Finis Ewing Kavanaugh, merchant, sutler and physician attached to military posts at Fort Fauntleroy/Fort Lyon and Cubero, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of correspondence, but also includes contracts, account documents, power-of-attorney claims, and other materials. Series I consists primarily of letters to Chavez from various family members and friends. Includes a funeral corrido (ballad), a letter requesting smallpox vaccinations, and a letter from Archbishop Lamy refusing to establish a new religious order in New Mexico. Series II consists of letters to Chavez from business associates, including Miguel A. Otero...
Identifier: AC 084
Scope and Content Collection consists of business and financial records of the Second National Bank of Santa Fe, which was purchased by the First National Bank of Santa Fe. Collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Scope and Content This collection contains the business records of Floersheim Mercantile Company, wholesalers and retailers of general merchandise in Springer and Roy, New Mexico covering the life of the company, 1897-1969. There are account books, 1919-1923; cashbooks, daybooks, 1916-1918; expense book, 1910; journals, 1916-1919; ledger, 1898-1901; minute books, 1898-1947; receipt book, 1921-1922; check stubs, 1969; inventory sheets and deeds. The correspondence covers such topics as a house to be bought by...
Scope and Content This small collection consists primarily of reminiscences of Flora Spiegelberg, including original typewritten manuscripts of brief articles and published articles. Also included is a manuscript about Flora Spiegelberg and the Spiegelberg family written in 1975. The articles by Spiegelberg primarily concern life in the Territory of New Mexico in the late 19th century. Other articles are about New York City where the Spiegelbergs lived after leaving New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 095-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and professional papers of Frank and Catherine C. Gormley, who operated a general store in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the early 20th century. Includes letters, bills, receipts, invoices, and two mortgages. The letters are from various friends and family members, as well as suppliers of merchandise.
Identifier: AC 090-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of materials concerning George Franklin and his family. Includes an unpublished manuscript on George Franklin by Elizabeth Franklin Davis.
Abstract The Gustave Elsberg papers relate to a suit levied by Elsberg against his former business partner Jacob Amberg in 1869.
Abstract Ledger for Henry O'Neill's mercantile in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1854-1860.
Scope and Content This collection of papers partially documents the Hindi Brothers' business enterprises, particularly ranching interests, from 1919-1944. It consists of letters, wool contracts, bills of sale, invoices, receipts, canceled checks, and other documents. Some Arabic writing is present in the documents.
Dates: 1918-1944; Majority of material found within 1929-1937
Abstract This collection consists primarily of ledgers from the Huning Mercantile Company containing accounting transactions of goods sold and bought and lists of debtors and purchasers. It also contains company letter files.
Identifier: AC 113-P
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of letters received by Charles or Louis Ilfeld from family members and business associates. The letters primarily concern either family matters or the activities of the Charles Ilfeld Company. A few business documents are also in the collection.
- Subject: Merchants New Mexico X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 27
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 22
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 13
- Account books 12
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 10
- Merchants -- New Mexico 9
- New Mexico -- Businesses -- History 7
- New Mexico -- Commerce 7
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 5
- Conveyances 4
- Merchants--New Mexico 4
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Commerce 3
- Contracts 3
- Diaries 3
- Estate records 3
- Financial records 3
- Invoices 3
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Photographs 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe Trail 3
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Wool -- Marketing 3
- Addresses 2
- Advertisements 2
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 2
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Business enterprises--New Mexico--History 2
- Daybooks 2
- Deeds 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Family papers 2
- Jews -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Letters 2
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Merchants - New Mexico 2
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Merchants--New Mexico--Lincoln County 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Visitors' books 2
- Wool industry -- New Mexico 2
- Alabados 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Antonio Sedillo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Baird Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Ballads 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Tome 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Blueprints 1
- Bounties, Military -- New Mexico 1
- Business cards 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Los Lunas -- History 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Butter trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Canada (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canada de Cochiti Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Certificates 1
- Checkbooks 1
- Clippings 1
- Construction industry 1
- Correspondence 1
- Coupons 1
- Cubero (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Cubero (N.M.)--History 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Ditches--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Duran (N.M.) 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Egg trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Eulogies 1
- Excerpts 1
- Fairview (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Family histories 1
- Family life 1
- Family-owned business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- Floods New Mexico Gallinas River 1
- Food industry and trade -- Arizona 1 ∧ less
- English 51
- Undetermined 31
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- German 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 11
- Ilfeld, Charles, 1847- 8
- Ilfeld family 5
- Spiegelberg family, 4
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 2
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 2
- Candelario, J.S. (Jesus Sito), 1864-1938 2
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 2
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 2
- Spiegelberg, Flora 2
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Candelario, John, 1916-1993 1
- Catholic Church. New Mexico 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Floersheim Mercantile Company 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Hudspeth, Andrew Hutchins, 1874- 1
- Huning family 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 1
- Parish, William J., 1907-1964 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Stevens, Montague, 1859-1953 1
- Waddingham, Wilson 1 ∧ less