Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Identifier: AC 074-P
Scope and Content One 1870 book of rules and ordinances of Elizabethtown, New Mexico. Includes rules for city government, descriptions of city ordinances, and a listing of city officials.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content The Frank Sanchez Papers contain 13 alphabetically-arranged subject series, plus 4 series based on format of materials (newspapers, oversize, etc.). Researchers should check the format-based series for material relating to the various subject series. The largest series in the papers is "Community Organizing, Strategic Planning" which includes files for numerous organizations and foundations. "Political Activism" is also a significant series, containing most of the political...
Dates: 1951-2008 (bulk 1970-1996)
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Cargo. Includes proclamations; appointments; executive orders; executive budgets; address to legislature and files relating to legislative issues such as education; judicial reports and reports of elected officials; reports of administrative agencies, boards and commissions; reports of state institutions and records of the Four Corners Regional Commission and other regional commissions. Federal records include correspondence with and news clips...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Mechem. Correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including conveyances of federal public lands, the fence controversy at Tesuque Pueblo, the possible creation of a national park on the Mescalero Indian Reservation, and Japanese immigration. Proclamations involve quarantines in response to several types of weevils. Special reports and investigations include the failure of the Santa Fe Bank, discrimination against Spanish-Americans at the...
Dates: 1908-1925 ( bulk 1921-1922)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Guadalupe County, New Mexico (1893-1942). Included are records of the county clerk (1893-1930), assessor (1893-1923), sheriff (1912-1931), county commissioners (1893-1928), justice of the peace (1902-1946), probate court (1893-1928), superintendent of schools and board of education (1910-1925), and miscellaneous records (1911-1942). Clerk's records include license registers, oaths and bonds, poll books, articles of incorporation, chattel mortgages, and...
Dates: 1893-1942 (Bulk, 1893-1923)
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Mora County, New Mexico (1850-1922). The bulk of the material covers the dates 1870 to 1911. Included are records of the county clerk (1850-1918), assessor (1871-1912), sheriff (1879-1884), treasurer (1924), county commissioners (1880-1921), justice of the peace (1856-1910), probate court (1871-1890), superintendent of schools/board of education (1915-1922), and miscellaneous tax records (1903, 1917). Clerks records include registers of licenses, brands,...
Dates: 1850-1930 (Bulk 1870-1911)
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Attorney General and the New Mexico Solicitor General (1892-1995). Includes case files, administrative correspondence, annual reports, legal opinions, letterpress copybooks, financial documents, extraditions, and various legal documents. Materials in the collection concern both general issues such as civil rights and consumer protection, and specific matters such as the 1980 riot at the state penitentiary, and the activities of Alianza...
Scope and Content As of 1997, collection consists of records of the Secretary of the Territory (1851-1912), and the Secretary of State (1912- 1995). Includes executive record books and indexes, records of notaries public, legislative journals, enrolled and engrossed bills, laws of New Mexico, records of Constitutional Conventions (1850, 1866, 1872, 1889, 1906, 1910-1912), records of the Territorial Assembly (1859-1909), and correspondence of the Territorial Secretary (1851-1912). Collection also includes oaths...
Identifier: AC 063
Scope and Content Collection consists of the correspondence and miscellaneous materials of Richard C. Dillon, 1927-1935. The bulk of the collection consists of Dillon's official correspondence as Governor of New Mexico, 1927-1930. Subjects discussed are appointments, Republican State politics and various other political issues. Some of these issues are: Bronson M. Cutting's re-election as U.S. Senator, 1934; the political influence of the Ku Klux Klan; David L. Geyer's proposed Homestead Law; W.C. Davidson's and...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Rio Arriba County, New Mexico (1847-1957). The bulk of the materials cover the years 1847 to 1900. Included are records of the county clerk (1847-1938), assessor (1870-1912), sheriff (1849-1927), county commission (1882-1927), justice of the peace (1852-1938, 1957), probate court (1848-1918), and coroner's inquests (1883-1937). County Clerk records include registers of deeds, oaths and bonds, marriages, licenses, mines, and partido contracts; poll and tally...
Dates: 1847-1957 ( Bulk 1870-1900)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Socorro County, New Mexico. Included are records of the county clerk (1862-1935), assessor (1870-1932), treasurer (1867-1876), sheriff (1903-1917), county commission (1876-1932), justice of the peace (1867-1931), probate court (1867-1924), and county school superintendent and board of education (1909-1919). Also included are miscellaneous records which include a city of Socorro audit (1924-1930) and a Magdalena census enumeration (1912?). Clerks records...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Valencia County, New Mexico (1847-1979). The bulk of the records cover the dates 1846 to 1964. Included are records of the county clerk (1849-1864), assessor (1870-1920), treasurer (1847-1912), sheriff (1885-1927), county commission (1881-1928, 1979), justice of the peace (1844-1946), probate court (1846-1937), county school superintendent (1939-1942), and miscellaneous records (1916-ca. 1930). Clerks records include correspondence; registers of oaths and...
Dates: 1847-1979 (bulk 1846-1964)
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of land grant and land conveyance documents (Seriesi I and II) from the Albuquerque-Bernalillo area and surrounding communities in New Mexico (1697-1929). Included are deeds and records concerning the Alameda and Joseph Telles Jiron land grants, homestead lands, and the San Mateo Ranch. Series III (persons) includes the estate papers, estate inventories, and wills of various members of the related Perea family. Miscellaneous documents include Jacobo Yrisarri's...
- Subject: Law --New Mexico X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 14
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Wills 8
- Legal files 7
- Bonds (legal records) 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Notarial documents 6
- Judicial records 5
- Licenses 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- Tax records 5
- Voting registers 5
- Census records 4
- Deed books 4
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 4
- Local government -- Records 4
- Marriage records 4
- State government records 4
- Water rights -- New Mexico 4
- Addresses 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 3
- Annual reports 3
- Articles of incorporation 3
- Contracts 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Account books 2
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Apportionment (Election law) -- New Mexico 2
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Clippings 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 2
- Conveyances 2
- Deeds 2
- Estate records 2
- Extradition -- New Mexico 2
- Laws 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Legal documents 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Mortgages 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- Pardon -- New Mexico 2
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Proclamations 2
- Reports 2
- Abstracts 1
- Affidavits 1
- Agricultural laborers -- New Mexico 1
- Agricultural laborers -- Southwest, New 1
- Agricultural pests -- New Mexico 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Attorneys general --New Mexico 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Census -- 1918 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Business cards 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Case files 1
- Civil rights --New Mexico 1
- Community development -- New Mexico 1
- Community health services -- New Mexico 1
- Community organization -- New Mexico 1
- Community organization -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Conejos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Consumer protection --New Mexico 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Guadalupe County 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Valencia County 1
- Coroners -- Rio Arriba County (N.M.) 1
- Corporations --New Mexico 1
- Diaries 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Ditches--New Mexico 1
- Education, Bilingual -- Southwest, New 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Educational equalization -- New Mexico 1
- Educational law and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Election districts -- New Mexico 1
- Electioneering -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Officials and employees 1
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Emigration and Immigration Law New Mexico 1
- Endowments -- United States 1
- Estate inventories 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 16
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1