Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Abstract Papers of the Amador family, entrepreneurs and community leaders of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Included in the collection are the personal papers of Martin Amador, Refugio Ruiz de Amador, their children, Emilia Amador de Garcia, Juan Amador, Francisco Amador, Martin A. Amador, Jr., Maria Amador de Daguerre, Clotilde Amador de Terrazas, Julieta Amador de Garcia, and Corina Amador de Campbell, and sons in law, Jesus Garcia and Antonio Terrazas. The papers include correspondence, financial, and legal...
Abstract The family papers include personal, business and legal documents primarily concerning Nestor Armijo’s involvement in mercantile and ranching interests during the mid-1800s in southern New Mexico. The bulk of the papers document how the Armijo family used their social and cultural experiences to their advantage, in which they became a well-known family of territorial New Mexico. In addition, a vast amount of material pertains to the Armijo house, which is on the National Register of Historic...
Abstract The records of the Blue Bell Square Dance Club document the activities of a Las Cruces square dance and social club, which was active from 1951 to 2016. Consisting of organizational records, scrapbooks, and photographs, the records cover the period 1973-2013 and provide a window on social organizations and leisure activities in the Las Cruces area. The Blue Bell Square Dance Club was established January 3, 1951 by a group of Mountain Bell telephone company employees. The club met on Wednesday...
Dates: 1973 - 2013
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials from the Bowmans Bank of Las Cruces, New Mexico (1896-1928). The bulk of the materials cover the years, 1896-1904. There are seven letterbooks of letters sent and 23 ledgers as well as journals and cash books that document some of the banks financial transactions. The balance of the material consists of the correspondence of Henry D. Bowman. This correspondence pertains to banking matters, real estate, and mining in New Mexico. Includes letters related to Henrys...
Dates: 1896-1928 (bulk 1896-1904)
Abstract Alice Branigan left Las Cruces funds to establish a public library in the name of her husband, Captain Thomas Branigan. This collection includes administrative information related to the Library’s history but primarily consists of scatter issues of newspapers and magazines, scrapbooks, topographic maps and miscellaneous items from the library.
Dates: ca. 1792-1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Maud Casad, the third child of Thomas and Sarah Casad, was born in 1866 and married William Mandell in 1890. Their fourth child, Humboldt Casad Mandell, married Mary Evangeline Smith in 1930. These papers were assembled by the two children of Humboldt and Evangeline Mandell. They contain family history and memorabilia concerning the Casad and Mandell families, as well as some documentation of Madeline Mandell, the daughter of Humboldt and Evangeline Mandell.
Dates: ca. 1850-2002; Majority of material found in 1920-2000
Abstract The Daughters of the American Revolution, Doña Ana Chapter records document the activities of the local chapter of the national organization. The collection consists of organizational records, scrapbooks and photographs. The records cover the period 1942 - 2018 and depict the function of a social organization within the Las Cruces area. The Duaghters of the American Revolution is a non-profit organization that promotes historic preservation, education and patriotism. The organzation was founded...
Dates: 1929 - 2018
Abstract Las Cruces architectural and commercial photographer. Contains images of architecture, businesses, individuals, scenes, and activities made for clients primarily in Southwest United States. Includes photographs of the first Whole Enchilada Fiesta held at Las Cruces, October 2-4, 1981. Contains color and black & white negatives, prints and proof sheets made in 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, 4 x 5, and 8 x 10-inch formats.
Dates: 1968-1986; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Society focused on promoting and preserving the history of Doña Ana County of southern New Mexico. Contains administrative files on meetings and banquets, historical files on people and locations, financial records, oral histories and photographs.
Dates: 1950 - 2016
Abstract Donald David Stern served in the United States Air Force during World War II and was a prisoner of war who was held captive by Germans. The papers includes letters from Donald to his family members while serving in the military, which date from the 1940s. Bulk of the material consist of correspondence, personal and military material.
Dates: 1940 - 1950
Dates: 1963 - 1970
Abstract Collection contains a photocopy of a letter written by Day in 1893 to his fiancée, Grace Center, of Gloucester, Massachusetts.
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten autobiographical essays by Phoebus Freudenthal and his sister Anna Soloman; a 1971 obituary of Phoebus' son Louis E. Freudenthal; and one photograph of the Weisl family (apparently related to the Freudenthals). Phoebus Freudenthal's two page essay describes his birth in Poland and subsequent arrival and career in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Anna Soloman's 21 page essay describes her life in southern New Mexico from 1904 to 1912. Collection also includes...
Dates: 1880-1971 (bulk, 1880-1912)
Abstract Pictures and postcards of Santa Fe and Las Cruces, New Mexico, Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico and Gila cliff dwellings from Irving Thomas Alvord around 1913-1915.
Dates: 1913 - 1915
Abstract Professional and personal papers of John L. Gregg, a longtime Elephant Butte Irrigation District employee.
Abstract Four postcards to Albert Melton in Clayton, New Mexico from his brother in Mesilla, New Mexico in 1909 and one unidentified postcard. Scenes on postcard depict the Las Cruces area.
Abstract Katherine D. Stoes was a well-known authority on New Mexico history. The collection includes her manuscripts, research files and photographs pertaining to the Mesilla Valley history. The bulk of the collection includes subject research files such as notes, newspaper clippings, photographs and other related materials pertaining to the region.
Dates: 1940 - 1990
Abstract The Las Cruces Community Theatre records include 35mm slides, scrapbooks containing photos, newspaper articles and programs of various productions dating from the 1960s-1990s. The bulk of the materials consist of production images in 35mm format dating from the 1960s-1970s.
Abstract The records of the Las Cruces Country Club Women's Golf Association document the activities of a Las Cruces golf club which was a social club type of organization. The club was active from 1940s to 2016 and the club's objective was to further interest in golf and all other activities of the Association. The exact date of its origation is unknown, but it was approximately established in the mid 1940s. The records consists of orgnaizational records and scrapbooks, the records provide a glimpse on...
Dates: 1963 - 2016
Abstract The Report of the Engineering Committee on Arroyo Flood Control Conditions and Methods of Control for the city of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Contains photographs of the damage caused by the 1926 flood, suggestions for flood control, blueprints and graphs.
Abstract This promotional pamphlet was produced by J. T. Miller and Co. of El Paso, Texas, who acted as the land agent for the sale of land in what was known as the Millers addition in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The Collection also contains a letter to the Preferred Bond Company, Kansas City, Missouri written by Thomas W. Ditty, a Kansas City attorney about J. T. Miller’s water rights to the property.
Abstract These records include correspondence, player rosters, and rule booklets relating to the formation of an organized soccer league in Las Cruces by the Police Athletic League.
Abstract Personal and business papers of a prominent pioneer Jewish family who first settled in the Mesilla Valley around 1850. Records include farm and property management records, insurance records from Louis Freudenthal’s insurance agency, correspondence between family members, personal memorabilia, and social and civic activities files of Carmen Freudenthal.
Abstract The New Mexico Garden Clubs, Inc. began in 1950 and is part of the National Federation of Garden Clubs. There are currently 25 clubs within the state of New Mexico, organized within five districts. Club officers appraised the records in February 2009, discarded materials that did not fit in with the club’s archives policy, and organized what they kept into series they designed in consultation with the archivist.
Abstract Collection of Pendleton R. Fuller, New Mexico farmer and sheep rancher including water related materials from the Elephant Butte Water Users Association, La Union Irrigation Co., Inc., and the U.S. Reclamation Service.
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 32
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 34
- Photographs 5
- Family-owned business enterprises--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 4
- Merchants 3
- Societies and clubs - History - Sources 3
- Jews--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Social life 2
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces -- History 2
- Women—New Mexico—Las Cruces—History—Sources 2
- Adair family 1
- Agriculture - New Mexico - Las Cruces - History - Sources. 1
- Agriculture--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Alvord, Irving Thomas--Archives. 1
- Amador family 1
- Architectural photography 1
- Armijo family--Archives 1
- Armijo, Nestor, 1831-1911 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Blue Bell Square Dancing Club 1
- Cabbage industry - New Mexico - Las Cruces - History - Sources. 1
- Cabbage industry--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Center, Grace--Correspondence. 1
- Children – Institutional care. 1
- Civic leaders--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Biography--Sources 1
- Clippings 1
- Commercial photography 1
- Dance--Social aspects 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Day, Elias E.--Correspondence. 1
- Diaries 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) 1
- Doña Ana County Historical Society 1
- Drawing 1
- Ecology-New Mexico-Las Cruces-History-Sources. 1
- El Paso (Tex.) -- History 1
- Electric engineering--Study and teaching--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 1
- Engineering--Societies, etc.--History--Sources 1
- Faithists--Research. 1
- Family papers 1
- Fiction 1
- Flood control--Las Cruces (N.M.) 1
- Freudenthal family--Archives. 1
- Freudenthal, Carmen K., 1898-1991--Archives. 1
- Freudenthal, Louis E., 1895-1971--Archives. 1
- Freudenthal, Phoebus--Archives. 1
- Fuller, Pendleton R.--Archives. 1
- Gallagher family--Archives 1
- Genealogy 1
- Genealogy--Societies, etc. 1
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Golf clubs - Las Cruces (NM) 1
- Golfing 1
- Hispanic American women--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 1
- History societies, etc--New Mexico 1
- Jewish women--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Biography--Sources. 1
- Johnson family--Archives. 1
- Judaism 1
- Juárez (Chihuahua, Mexico) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Land development. 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Las Cruces Country Club Women's Golf Association 1
- Las Cruces Police Athletic League 1
- Las Cruces School District No. 2 (Las Cruces, N.M.)--History--Sources. 1
- Lawyers - New Mexico - Las Cruces - History - Sources. 1
- Lawyers - Texas - History - Sources. 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Lawyers--Texas--History--Sources. 1
- Letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Melton, Albert. 1
- Memoirs and biographies 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.) -- History 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.)--History--Sources 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.)—History—Sources. 1
- Mexico--Politics and government--1867-1910--Sources 1
- Mexico--Politics and government--1910-1946--Sources 1
- Military 1
- Mining corporations -- New Mexico 1
- Montezuma Rural High School Tribal Record 1
- New Mexico - History 1
- Newcomb family--Archives. 1
- Newcomb, Simon Bolivar--Archives. 1
- Non-profit organizations -- New Mexico 1
- Obituaries 1
- Photography 1
- Poems 1
- Postcards 1
- Prisoners of war - United States 1
- Ranching 1
- Real property -- New Mexico 1
- Religion and sociology 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Soccer--Las Cruces (N.M.) 1
- Societies and clubs-History-Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- French 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1