Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 33
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Identifier: AC 325
Scope and Content Collection consists of legal papers and correspondence to and from and about Arthur Rochford Manby and the companies in which he had financial interests, specifically the Taos Valley Land Comapny, the Mutual Trust Company, and the Colonial Bond and Security Company. The collection contains papers dealing with water and mining rights in New Mexico and other interests. There are also tax receipts and land documents pertaining to his properties and various newspaper clippings. In addition, there...
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Abstract Collection contains various legal documents such as leases, options to buy land, quitclaim deeds, warranty deeds, tax receipts, etc. from the Spanish land grant, Sevilleta, located in Socorro County, New Mexico. Also includes minute book, June 15, 1921-September 14, 1938, of meetings held by the Trustees of the land grant community.
Identifier: AC 256
Scope and Content Photocopies of various Spanish and Mexican documents related to Pueblo tribes of New Mexico. Land titles and land grants are the subject of the bulk of these materials, although some relate to intra-tribal affairs. Among the Pueblos mentioned are Laguna, Isleta, Santa Clara, Santo Domingo, Zia, Santa Ana, Jemez and Taos. All documents are in Spanish, some have attached English translations.
Scope and Content Collection contains the 18 linear feet of correspondence between Dr. Knowlton, colleagues, students, and publishers. Dr. Knowlton's manuscripts relating to his field of research are included, some of which have been published in professional journals. Professor Knowlton also collected manuscripts written by colleagues and students on subjects relating to Mexican-Americans, Bilingual Education and Native American issues. Also within the collection are 23 linear feet of reports, committee...
Abstract This collection is composed of Dalton C. Bergan's research notebooks, photocopied material and note cards on Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell and François Xavier Aubry. Bergan used some of this material to write a book on Aubry.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Tingley. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor and natural resource conservation, as well as materials relating to New Mexico land grants, extension of the Navajo Reservation, and the celebration of the 400th anniversary of Coronado's arrival in New Mexico. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 302-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a "Reply to Defendants' Brief," Henry Clark et al., complainants vs. The Maxwell Land Grant, defendant.
Identifier: AC 334-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of the Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) land grant and plat map, signed by Abraham Lincoln.
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents (originals and copies) pertaining to land grants in New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, and Texas. The bulk of the documents pertain to Pueblo Indian and individual land grants in New Mexico (1700-1933). Collection was created by the New Mexico State Records Center and Archives.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1700-1993 (bulk 1765-1933)
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of documents involving members of the Mariano Chavez family and others. Most of the materials concern land grants, wills and estates, land conveyances, and litigation over land and water disputes in New Mexico during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Other materials include inventories of personal property, a license to build a chapel at San Jose de Chama (1844), a geneaology of the Chavez family, a collection of alabados (religious verses), and...
Dates: 1763-1967 (bulk 1763-1873)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Identifier: AC 168-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents involving a broad range of land matters in New Mexico. Includes deeds, mortgages, and other materials.
Identifier: AC 257-p
Scope and Content Petition of City of Santa Fe to the United States in Court of Private Land Claims to receive 4 square leagues in square form with then present plaza or public square.
Abstract This collection contains personal papers and correspondence of Pitt Ross, his son, Edmund, Edmund's wife, Evelyn Everitt Ross and various members of the Everitt family. There are also records from their surveying and engineering business, the Ross Engineering Company. The photographs in the collection are personal as well as company related.
Dates: 1832-1954; Majority of material found within 1880-1940
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 16
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 10
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 7
- Land grants -- New Mexico 13
- Conveyances 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Deeds 6
- Estate records 6
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 6
- Wills 6
- Clippings 5
- Land grants--New Mexico 5
- Legal documents 5
- Legal files 5
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 5
- Account books 4
- Family papers 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Contracts 3
- Land grants - New Mexico 3
- Land grants --New Mexico 3
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 3
- Land titles -- New Mexico 3
- Lawyers--New Mexico 3
- Map 3
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Addresses 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Genealogy 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 2
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Moving images 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 2
- Photographs 2
- Public lands--New Mexico 2
- Real property--New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Tome Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Abstracts 1
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Affidavits 1
- African Americans 1
- Alabados 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Americans --Mexico 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Annual reports 1
- Antonio Sandoval Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Bartolome Baca Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Cadillac automobiles 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Case files 1
- Chilili Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Civil procedure --New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Coal Strike, Gallup, N.M., 1933 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Community development--New Mexico 1
- Community organization--Southwest, New 1
- Conejos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Criminal procedure --New Mexico 1
- Decrees 1
- Diaries 1
- Ditches New Mexico 1
- Ditches--New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 31
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Tingley, Clyde 2
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1 ∧ less